Ozcards Yahoo NBA League

As mentioned, Sunday is my preference. I've been putting in a bit of research and whilst I don't want to give anything away, I'll be targeting JR Smith and Patty Mills for breakout years, and Brandon Roy to bounce back after knee problems...
:D

i will set up automated picks as i will be in Bali so wont be there for the draft.

I like Sunday.

My tactics again will be a total no research run and gun - almost pinched it last year being the last picker.

I like Sunday.

My tactics again will be a total no research run and gun - almost pinched it last year being the last picker.

Same here. I definitely do my research to find out who is injured, overseas etc - but at the end of the day it's too unpredictable. My draft strategy is generally build the team around my first two picks, and whatever stats they are strongest at.

---------- Post added 15-12-2011 at 11:21 PM ----------

Also I'm dying to know the draft order. Normally we wait 30 minutes till the draft and it generates by itself. There is an option to make it randomly generate now. Is anyone against this? I'm pretty keen to hit it. That way we can do a bit more preparation. The computer does it and the league members will be notified of when I press the button. You will also be notified if I press it more than once (e.g. if I wanted to cheat because I wasn't happy with the draft order so I pressed it more than once)..

---------- Post added 15-12-2011 at 11:26 PM ----------

If nobody replies I'm going to auto-generate it. Normally don't do it, but will give us a bit more preparation time. In addition will be useful for those who can't be there as you can actually have an idea of how you should be setting your pre-draft rankings. Will do it in 30 minutes unless there are major objections.

Same here. I definitely do my research to find out who is injured, overseas etc - but at the end of the day it's too unpredictable. My draft strategy is generally build the team around my first two picks, and whatever stats they are strongest at.

---------- Post added 15-12-2011 at 11:21 PM ----------

Also I'm dying to know the draft order. Normally we wait 30 minutes till the draft and it generates by itself. There is an option to make it randomly generate now. Is anyone against this? I'm pretty keen to hit it. That way we can do a bit more preparation. The computer does it and the league members will be notified of when I press the button. You will also be notified if I press it more than once (e.g. if I wanted to cheat because I wasn't happy with the draft order so I pressed it more than once)..

---------- Post added 15-12-2011 at 11:26 PM ----------

If nobody replies I'm going to auto-generate it. Normally don't do it, but will give us a bit more preparation time. In addition will be useful for those who can't be there as you can actually have an idea of how you should be setting your pre-draft rankings. Will do it in 30 minutes unless there are major objections.
In my best Schnieder voice
YOU CAN DOOO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT LOL

Because we only have 12 teams I increased the roster positions to 15 as well. Now each team will have 4 utility players. It means our teams will be deeper and the FA pool not as big.

Essentially it's more realistic to real life basketball as well, as you will have 12 players starting and 3 players on the bench. Roughly the same amount that a regular NBA team suits up for a game (12) and has on their entire roster (15) as well.

---------- Post added 15-12-2011 at 11:51 PM ----------

Drumroll please.... The official OZCARDS Yahoo NBA League will be running for its third consecutive season thanks to all you great managers out there. With 58 hours until the draft, the order has been randomly determined. Managers, pick up your phones and start deciding who is on YOUR draft board! The draft order is:

1. ACE E (ace e)
2. Pat Rileys Hair (owen)
3. Clown Punchers (chaddy)
4. Dillon Panthers (jimbo)
5. Heafy's Slammers (heafy)
6. Return of Joe Budden (jarrett)
7. Locky's Legends (locky mac)
8. Above The Rim (z man)
9. snsdmonkeys (bainy)
10. Rough Riders (james)
11. INDIGOGAZER (indigo)
12. Sweet Potatoes (EY)

Woooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooo, i have never had 1st pick, now the pressure is on. Time to do some research.

Hmmm, first 2 picks are obvious, but the 3rd isn't so straight forward. Lots of thinking time tomorrow...

I think 3rd is more clear cut than 4th!

Assuming the Top 3 go as most would expect, do I take Kevin Love or Dwyane Wade? What are the chances Love replicates next season, let alone improves on it?

I think 3rd is more clear cut than 4th!

Assuming the Top 3 go as most would expect, do I take Kevin Love or Dwyane Wade? What are the chances Love replicates next season, let alone improves on it?
Ok, after taking a quick look, yes the top 3 are set...and 4th is tough. Love with a new coach and has dropped weight, Wade with the LBJ/Bosh to contend with, and even Howard could be thrown into the mix (tanking FT is the easiest strategy).

Just did a mock draft from 3rd and more than happy how the cards fall from that position!

Ok, after taking a quick look, yes the top 3 are set...and 4th is tough. Love with a new coach and has dropped weight, Wade with the LBJ/Bosh to contend with, and even Howard could be thrown into the mix (tanking FT is the easiest strategy).

Just did a mock draft from 3rd and more than happy how the cards fall from that position!

Wade has already had a full season with Bosh and LBJ - so no reason to think he'll drop off much from last season if at all.

Love with a log-jam at forward as well. Derrick Williams and Beasley both there, and I don't think Love could play prolonged minutes at center... Tough call! If anything though it's pretty unlikely Love averages more than 20 PPG and 15 RPG so at least I have that assurance..

I could tank FT's. Unsure about that strategy though as I've never done it before..

---------- Post added 17-12-2011 at 04:43 PM ----------

When are we picking? LOL

Tomorrow morning at 10 AM come on bro!

EVERYONE THE DRAFT IS ON AT 10 AM TOMORROW MORNING! PLEASE BE THERE!!

Back
Top Bottom