Ozcards Yahoo NBA League

Well done on the draft guys. I've got Roy Hibbert and Jose Calderon on the trading block if anyone is interested.

Hibbert: Double-double threat, although more likely to average around 15 PPG and closer to 8-9 boards than 10. Averaged 1.8 blocks per game last year so one of the league leaders in that, shoots nearly 50% FG and over 75% from the free throw line. Sleeper potential.

Calderon: Veteran who doesn't have great upside, but has no real competition apart from Jerryd Bayless who is a young combo-guard and not a true point guard. Calderon averaged nearly 9 assists per game last season, one of the league leaders in that. Will give you around 10 PPG as well and efficient %'s with low Turnovers.

Not a bad start for me. First time in Fantasy NBA and I am sitting 2nd seed overall after 2 weeks. Need to offload Raymond Felton though. I have 3 Portland starters in my lineup and thats just too much for me. Anyone want Felton?

have proposed a trade Jimbo check it out

Sorry mate I was away when you sent that through.

I'm keen for trades if other people are though - makes it more interesting. It's even more interesting because the sample size of games played is so small :lol:

Man it's funny I had Hibbert and Calderon on the trading block because I predicted they wouldn't do well. Calderon is the 3rd best producing fantasy point guard in the game right now, and Hibbert is averaging 14-10 with great %'s and a few blocks to boot!

PLEASE remember to update your lineups. It really ruins the league if a few members are lazy. You've signed on for a season, and other members of this site have missed out because there weren't enough spots.

PLEASE remember to update your lineups. It really ruins the league if a few members are lazy. You've signed on for a season, and other members of this site have missed out because there weren't enough spots.

I'm spewin because I went out last night after work so couldn't update my roster. Then woke up this morning and didn't realise the games started so early so missed out on some points. Good thing I had Rose on the bench, because he didn't play.

Season over in a few days. Chaddy and myself battling it out for the crown. If I take it, it will be my 3rd consecutive championship in this league - this is the third season and I've won it both times so far.

Things not looking great for me though. Lost a bunch of players to injuries and rest (Wade, Bosh, Thornton, Robinson) this week. I also didn't realize the week was 11 days as opposed to the regular 7 so I dropped a few quality players thinking the week was over and Chaddy capitalized by picking them up (Gortat, Hibbert, Rudy Gay).

My own mistake might seal my loss. Gortat has 2 games left I feel he's going to screw me over on the rebounds.. :(

As it turned out, Gortat had little input...it was the scrubs that carried me to an emphatic 7-2 championship win! Dropping Faried and me picking him up turned this last week around really. I lost a fair few guns this week as well...that's just how the finals play out when they are in the last week of the season...I remember loosing a US money league a couple of years ago when I had the guy on toast and he picked up Sessions, who then produced 3x20 assist games to carry him to the title.

A bit stiff Jimbo, only loosing once in the whole season, but I was confident in my team and won 2/3 leagues this year in NBA and 5 titles in the last 4 years.

Rematch next season?? :)

As it turned out, Gortat had little input...it was the scrubs that carried me to an emphatic 7-2 championship win! Dropping Faried and me picking him up turned this last week around really. I lost a fair few guns this week as well...that's just how the finals play out when they are in the last week of the season...I remember loosing a US money league a couple of years ago when I had the guy on toast and he picked up Sessions, who then produced 3x20 assist games to carry him to the title.

A bit stiff Jimbo, only loosing once in the whole season, but I was confident in my team and won 2/3 leagues this year in NBA and 5 titles in the last 4 years.

Rematch next season?? :)

Not trying to take anything away from your victory but I have to note its astounding that Dwyane Wade, Marcus Thornton, Chris Bosh and Jose Calderon played a combined ZERO games in the last 11 days. In Yahoo! Rankings (averages) those guys are ranked 5th, 20th, 41st, and 62nd respectively.

Wade a 22-5-5-2-1 guy, Bosh a 18-8 with good %'s, Thornton 19-4-2-1.5 with 2 3's and Calderon's 11-3 and 9 assists.

I know you didn't have Kevin Love, and other players missed a game or two as well. But man I drew the short end!

All that said, you deserved to win as your team simply outproduced mine in that match-up. KING CHADDY! I'll have to settle for silver this year ;)

I have 3 titles in the last 3 years. Played in 8 leagues in total since 2007 and finished with the GOLD or SILVER in 6 of the 8 leagues.

Definitely - next season will be the 4th season of the OZCARDS league. Excited for a rematch :)

You know what Jimbo, that is a pat on the back...then a slap over the head!

I won't bother pointing out that included in the 'others' on my team that you mentioned were Kobe and CP3 (pretty sure they compare ok to your Thornton and Calderon)...not sure if you know those players, but they can throw up the odd stat or two.

If you have been as good as you say you have been (3 titles vs 5, but who's counting...), you would know as I do that if the final of fantasy comes down to the last week, then the stars will sit...that isn't a 'short straw', rather one that a knowledgeable player in this game must be aware of, and therefore mitigate. So the skill is who to drop and who to pick up...and the pick ups in terms of Gay, Gorat and Hibbert made no difference at all to the final result (interestingly enough, if you'd picked up Mills, I think you would have won). That's when the luck/knowledge comes in in terms of drops and pick ups...as I mentioned (and you failed to acknowledge) the biggest drop/pick up turn around was Faried.

But I will take the "King Chaddy" title with humility...thanks for the fun ride guys!!

You know what Jimbo, that is a pat on the back...then a slap over the head!

I won't bother pointing out that included in the 'others' on my team that you mentioned were Kobe and CP3 (pretty sure they compare ok to your Thornton and Calderon)...not sure if you know those players, but they can throw up the odd stat or two.

If you have been as good as you say you have been (3 titles vs 5, but who's counting...), you would know as I do that if the final of fantasy comes down to the last week, then the stars will sit...that isn't a 'short straw', rather one that a knowledgeable player in this game must be aware of, and therefore mitigate. So the skill is who to drop and who to pick up...and the pick ups in terms of Gay, Gorat and Hibbert made no difference at all to the final result (interestingly enough, if you'd picked up Mills, I think you would have won). That's when the luck/knowledge comes in in terms of drops and pick ups...as I mentioned (and you failed to acknowledge) the biggest drop/pick up turn around was Faried.

But I will take the "King Chaddy" title with humility...thanks for the fun ride guys!!

EDIT**

Chaddy - the "short straw" was just me saying I lost more production in the final week than you. We both lost a superstar for the entire week (Love and Wade). You then lost 2 games from Kobe and 1 (or 2?) from CP3. I lost the entire week from Bosh, Thornton and Calderon - meaning 3 games each in some cases 4. Believe it or not, not all of those losses were due to 'rest' so it wasn't possible to predict it all.

That's all I was saying. Not trying to discredit you as I said before, and then reaffirmed by saying you deserved to win.

See you all next season.

The last few comments from last season (above) made me laugh. Oh what Fantasy Basketball can do to some people. I think fair to say I got quite into the competition, but we love it right Chaddy?

Anyway guys - the season is back! The league has been renewed. The invitation should have been sent to the emails you lads used last year so check them. I've already seen Locky jump in so please jump back into the league if you're interested in playing again. If there are any noobies who would like to join shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll send you an invite based on the spots we have left and in order of first come first served.

Anybody excited to tip off the 4th straight season of the OZCARDS league? This has to be the longest standing fantasy league on Ozcards for Fantasy Basketball currently (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Let's go boys!

Draft is 2:15 PM today. Apologies for the change of time. I assumed if nobody objected that it would be okay time-wise. You would have got a notification 24 hours ago or 48 hours ago telling you when it is.

Back
Top Bottom