ozcards h2h (ID# 16592) league - trash talk here!

I think the 1 week rule is crap, for me the idea of fantasy leagues is to emulate what a coach would do. Coaches make changes on a daily basis. Is it possible to change this?

I think the 1 week rule is crap, for me the idea of fantasy leagues is to emulate what a coach would do. Coaches make changes on a daily basis. Is it possible to change this?

It's crap, but only cause it's not what I expected it to be. I'll live with it, but still think having a bench let alone an extended bench is funny :lol:

Just because something is different doesn't make it crap guys...weekly changes just presents different challenges to daily change formats. Prior to this year I have always played in highly compeditive weekly change comps and have loved it...in fact this year is the first time I have played a H2H daily change format, and I honestly don't like it as much.

This is pretty much your busy person's league setting...set each Monday and forget. You need to be pretty good with the pick ups and have some long term planning in mind. Anyway, I'm not going to keep on defending the settings as it was clearly stated prior to the league starting.

Having said all of that, I did check the commissioner tools and I can't change to daily changes...which I would have done with a majority vote. Who knows, you guys might be converts by the end of the season. :thumbsup:

Just because something is different doesn't make it crap guys...weekly changes just presents different challenges to daily change formats. Prior to this year I have always played in highly compeditive weekly change comps and have loved it...in fact this year is the first time I have played a H2H daily change format, and I honestly don't like it as much.

This is pretty much your busy person's league setting...set each Monday and forget. You need to be pretty good with the pick ups and have some long term planning in mind. Anyway, I'm not going to keep on defending the settings as it was clearly stated prior to the league starting.

Having said all of that, I did check the commissioner tools and I can't change to daily changes...which I would have done with a majority vote. Who knows, you guys might be converts by the end of the season. :thumbsup:

Not having a go at you personally, i just miss the fun of the daily changes :v:

There is nothing wrong with weekly change, just means you don't get fewer free rides from people who forget (or simply don't have time) to change their rosters daily. Bench, extended or otherwise is critical in this form...you must have the best available players on your bench to fill in for injuries and also to become impact players for you through the year as needed. You don't have to keep anyone on your bench if you don't want to...

Not having a go at you personally, i just miss the fun of the daily changes :v:

Nah, I know you weren't having a go at me personally...we're all fine. :wave: I naturally assumed that you and Ben had issues with the league 'cos your teams are clearly sub-par compared to my monster line up. :lol:

You did get me looking on the 'net though, and a quick google search seems to indicate that daily changes with a max moves is standard for Roto, weekly changes is the prefered format for H2H.

Having said that, I would have changed the settings now to remove Sessions and put in Haw(k)es!! :D

My whole point was that I assumed you could change each day seperately as long as done before the start of the week. I am busy, and don;t check my fantasy NBA during the week usually cause even in daily format you can set your entire weeks roster at the start of the week in 2mins flat and you're done...Hell I could set a whole month in advance (and have done in the past) if need be!

But yeah, not having a crack at you Dale or the settings that I clearly knew what entailed at season start, I simply thought it would be slightly different run and was disappointed to find out it was different to in my head! :lol:

Oh and :lol: at your "monster" line-up...which stat would you beat me in particularly? :p

Oh and :lol: at your "monster" line-up...which stat would you beat me in particularly? :p

I can't find a weak cat in my team. TJ will have a big year, Biedrins playing time should increase. And King James is the highest rated player in this format by a loooonnnggg way. As always, injuries will play a part - and I need Dunleavy and Camby to stay healthy and Harrington to shut his mouth! :mad:

However, looking at your patchwork of a 'team', do you really expect much playing time out of O'Neal and Brand? And to round out your C's, Big Z is solid, but he's older than me (ok, not quite). Felton is flaky, Smith is a % and TO killer, Maggette added big time to FT% (not counted in this league). I like West a lot...but that is about it.

Chaddy's Champs wins hands down! [Takes off glasses with a slight reddish, almost flower-like tinge]
:D

I can't find a weak cat in my team. TJ will have a big year, Biedrins playing time should increase. And King James is the highest rated player in this format by a loooonnnggg way. As always, injuries will play a part - and I need Dunleavy and Camby to stay healthy and Harrington to shut his mouth! :mad:

However, looking at your patchwork of a 'team', do you really expect much playing time out of O'Neal and Brand? And to round out your C's, Big Z is solid, but he's older than me (ok, not quite). Felton is flaky, Smith is a % and TO killer, Maggette added big time to FT% (not counted in this league). I like West a lot...but that is about it.

Chaddy's Champs wins hands down! [Takes off glasses with a slight reddish, almost flower-like tinge]
:D

Your assists are weak, your blocks are weak (stronger when/if Camby returns) and your about average in most other stats. You've got Grant Hill's 20-25mins, Sessions whom is so out of the team make-up that Ridnour was the sole PG used yesterday, Ben Wallace could be good for 3ppg and 6rpg if you're lucky, you're relying on JRich, Dunleavy and Harrington for your treys but Harrington is going to be used more as a traditional PF this year (if used at all after todays comments!), Dunleavy has had 1 solid year only and JRich would be the last person I would be relying on to repeat last years performance...Not to mention you'll get maybe half a season from TJ, KMart and Camby and your 2nd best big man is only a 2 cat contributer (LaMarcus). Though I do like Biedrins, but his stats will stay about the same, and same goes for Bron...Your teams best assests? Bron, Hawes and Biedrins.

Brand will get plenty of playing time so I'm not sure where you're looking there? O'Neal is a gamble, but looking very well worth it seeing he's the starting Center. Z might nearly be older than you, but as the only decent big man in Cleveland and since this is no Keeper league I don't see why that's an issue? Smith's % is just as good as Caron Butler's and he does more round the court, Felton is flakey, but I needed a PG :p Maggette is there so score and hit FTs, and Miller is going close to league assist leader :D

Got you covered all over :D

It there a good site that lists how many games each teams play per week, without having to add them up individually

It there a good site that lists how many games each teams play per week, without having to add them up individually

I just press the 'Opponents' link at the top of the team page and it shows all the games of your players the next week (missing 1 day when on monday...so just click forward 1 day to see that ;))

It's been a tough tight first week. The Funk Squad has been pushing me all the way, we've been tied in a category and in points a few times, I've had Peja miss a game and now it is two of my guys (Redd and Foye) vs R Jeff in tomorrow's games to decide it. Currently looks like rebounds will decide it, we are tied in OR's and I'm up by only one in total rebounds. I noticed before today's games that a number of other matchups were tight as well...should be a good fantasy season!

It has been a solid start to the Dynasty campaign. Has helped that my opponent, Turkish Delight, has 3 injured players in his team. Or maybe it is because i have his secret weapon, Turkoglu :)

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

RJeff 1 O/5 Def RB's
Foye 0 O/3 Def
Redd 0 O/2 Def.....that will make our 1st week fantasy encounter a tied ball game!!!

And Redd rolled his ankle...two rolled ankles in the first week!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hi all,

A thanks and an apology to start this thread.

Firstly, a big thanks for a well attended, fun draft...enjoyed it a lot.

Now, to apologies. I thought half way through that my team was in shambles...no PG and not keeping to plan. However, examining my team in the cold light of day, I can't see a weakness. I should win blocks, steals, orebs, rebounds, 3pm most weeks, whilst still strong in pts, assists (Sessions will be the winning sleeper this year), FTM and FG%. Fouls and PF will be a crap shoot as normal.

So sorry to make this comp a one horse race so early, but good luck to everyone fighting for 2nd place.
:thumbsup:

;)

I believe Rudy T said it best -"never under estimate the heart of a champion" :worthy:

With the 5th and 6th seeds taking down the "Big Guns" to battle out the final.:lol:

Such a sweet feeling to beat the trash talkers when I came from 2nd LAST place to sneak into the Playoffs and knock off the top seeds.:thumbsup:

Best of luck to you Indigogazer, it should be a good battle.

Back
Top Bottom