ozcards h2h (ID# 16592) league - trash talk here!

chaddy42

James Worthy collector
Real Name
Dale
eBay User
chaddy42
Hi all,

A thanks and an apology to start this thread.

Firstly, a big thanks for a well attended, fun draft...enjoyed it a lot.

Now, to apologies. I thought half way through that my team was in shambles...no PG and not keeping to plan. However, examining my team in the cold light of day, I can't see a weakness. I should win blocks, steals, orebs, rebounds, 3pm most weeks, whilst still strong in pts, assists (Sessions will be the winning sleeper this year), FTM and FG%. Fouls and PF will be a crap shoot as normal.

So sorry to make this comp a one horse race so early, but good luck to everyone fighting for 2nd place.
:thumbsup:

;)

Thanks for setting up the league and all......but i reckon your right with Sessions being the sleeper, considering he has been made captain of the D-league for this season.....

But hey at least he is captain!

At last someone who has (misplaced) belief in their team! :D No one else must think their team is any good, as all they are trying to do is pot the obvious favourites rather than talk up their team. TJ is over his injuries and time share issues and will be a gun this year. Sessions only has to beat out a 'vet' with a 6/1/4 ave to get the starting job. :lol:

At last someone who has (misplaced) belief in their team! :D No one else must think their team is any good, as all they are trying to do is pot the obvious favourites rather than talk up their team. TJ is over his injuries and time share issues and will be a gun this year. Sessions only has to beat out a 'vet' with a 6/1/4 ave to get the starting job. :lol:

I see PG by committee in Milwaukee unless they take a downward spiral early on. For each game it will depend who is hot out of Sessions, Lue, Ridnour and Damon Jones as to who gets majority of minutes. I'm tipping 25mpg max for any of them.

But enough about a team who has an already injured Dunleavy, a crap Ben Wallace, and 3 guys who could very well miss half the season at any given moment (KMart, Camby, Ford) and a Big Man who is soft on the boards Eddy Curry Style and has new found competition all round in the front court (Aldridge), lets talk about the real contender :D

Reckon Blocks, Boards, FTs, FG% and turnovers are mine, lead from the front by Captain Korver :D :lol:

This just in:

Reports have been circulating that members from the Diggaz Dynasty have been spotted in the south of France, laying on yachts and sipping on fine wine.

When ESPN tried to contact a representative from the Dynasty to confirm the reports they were neither confirmed nor denied.

With the season only 3 weeks from tip-off it is clear that the Dynasty organisation is extremely confident they have what it takes to dominate the league, so confident in fact that it seems they have skipped pre-season training completely.

It seems that some of the owners have just picked up on the weekly change format that was clearly outlined in the set up of the comp. :D

Yes, this means that lineup need to be set by Monday afternoon for the whole of the week. That means a more strategic element comes into play. Do you play your 1st rounder that has 2 game or a scrub that has 4 games. Do you play someone that will play in 3 potential blowouts?

There isn't the streaming that can go on in daily changes...this is a more 'pure' form of fantasy.

I'm thinking that teams have seen the power of the Chaddy line up and are using the format as an excuse already for their obvious demise! ;)

Give it a go guys...I'm sure you will be converts! :thumbsup:

It seems that some of the owners have just picked up on the weekly change format that was clearly outlined in the set up of the comp. :D

Yes, this means that lineup need to be set by Monday afternoon for the whole of the week. That means a more strategic element comes into play. Do you play your 1st rounder that has 2 game or a scrub that has 4 games. Do you play someone that will play in 3 potential blowouts?

There isn't the streaming that can go on in daily changes...this is a more 'pure' form of fantasy.

I'm thinking that teams have seen the power of the Chaddy line up and are using the format as an excuse already for their obvious demise! ;)

Give it a go guys...I'm sure you will be converts! :thumbsup:

I thought it was like every other weekly change thing in which you could set your roster for each individual day, but it had to be done by the start of the week, meaning you couldn't re-change it or add/drop anyone during the week...no point having a bench in this format, let alone an extended bench to 4 players :blink:

Ah well, at least I won;t need to check it throughout the year :lol:

I thought it was like every other weekly change thing in which you could set your roster for each individual day, but it had to be done by the start of the week, meaning you couldn't re-change it or add/drop anyone during the week...no point having a bench in this format, let alone an extended bench to 4 players :blink:

Ah well, at least I won;t need to check it throughout the year :lol:

Not true Ben, a bench is still important. You need to cover not only injuries that come up weekly and the variation within games played.

The beauty is that you only need to change the lineup every Monday rather than spending every night on the roster...you can still add/drop players during the week, just that the starters are locked in for 7 days. Prior to last year this is the only setting I had played with (it was a compeditive money league) and had a ball. It requires much more forward thinking. :thumbsup:

Not true Ben, a bench is still important. You need to cover not only injuries that come up weekly and the variation within games played.

The beauty is that you only need to change the lineup every Monday rather than spending every night on the roster...you can still add/drop players during the week, just that the starters are locked in for 7 days. Prior to last year this is the only setting I had played with (it was a compeditive money league) and had a ball. It requires much more forward thinking. :thumbsup:

In the other format you can still only check it monday and not everyday, but you click the links ahead and change the roster line-up for each day so you get everyone playing. Still only requires 1 log in a week though. Ah well, this'll go well, just alot more frustrating as you get your bench players putting up their random huge games as they always do while sitting on your pine cause there's no way you put them in for a star at the start of the week...Have looked at my first 3 weeks games and no need to change a thing pretty much...

With matches starting today, I just wanted to say Good luck to everyone for the upcoming season.......because you'll all need it. I hope you enjoy fighting for second place!! :thumbsup:

No Camby or Dunleavy for the week, but watch out for the 2nd year phenom Hawkes...will put up huge numbers this week!!

Edit: Cr@p!!!! Just checked my team and noticed that the rosters must have been locked and the changes I made haven't taken effect...no Hawkes, and have Dunleavy and Sessions starting! Agggghhhh...this is the frustration (and harsh penalty) of a weekly lineup comp!!

Good luck to all...should be a good comp. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom