Ozcards Ebay Seller Blacklist

Dream34

Hakeem"the dream"Olajuwon
Real Name
Buzzy
Ok guys it's time to look out for you fellow Ozcard family.
This thread is for members to add their experiences with dodgy ebay sellers across the world. If you've had a issue with a seller now's your chance to call them out a warn everyone else on the boards with how they burnt you.

This can relate to- overchanging postage, Sending cards in plain envelopes, selling fakes, shill bidding or damaged cards, as well as copping relaliation negitive feeback.

Always open to any other ideas to add guys so let me know if you think anything else should be added.
Maybe we could have a sticky of all the blacklisted for members to scan over when bidding on ebay.

Seller:-richuang
Issue:-Sent cards in a plain envelope without any protection (toploaders) therefore cards were damaged when they arrived.
Seller ResponseReponded with the statement that I was trying to rip him off. Claimed that he had this problem with an Aussie before so all Aussie can't be trusted. This was after sending him scans of the damaged cards.

here is mine and it was hell,the only bad ebay experience i have had and this guy was recomended.

SELLER : 808sportscardsinc
ISSUE: this was a presell for 4 cases made a deposit and then final payment about 3 months apart.waited for about 3 weeks after final payment was made - no cases!!!!!!!
questioned the seller as to why there were still no cases delivered to my front door and there was no response for over 2 weeks.
i filed complaints with ebay and paypal and the seller gets back to me within 30 minutes, how conveniant.he then proceeded to tell me that he had sent the cases and to wait as they will arrive.
i filed a complaint with my bank and got my money back within 2 weeks,seller has since filed through his bank to say that he does not owe me this money, i won this case about a week ago after 3 months of hell.
he has since told his bank that the dealer he was getting the cases off has ripped him off - BIG LIAR.
since this case was opened to recover the money from this seller i have also received about 15 emails from different people claiming they have also been ripped off by this seller,my bank has since told me this seller is under investigation by the F.B.I for fraud and will i be a witness against him.
he owes other buyers a total of over $200,000. lucky my bank was so vigilante.

SELLERS RESPONSE: there were not enough to mention, just stay well clear of him

ive had to give my first 2 negs ever this week.

defensepatriots: won a nice dennis johnson legends auto for $3US. paid him promptly, after 2 weeks or so i enquire about the card. he says "woops it just slipped my mind, ill post it tomorrow". of course he didnt and the card still has not arrived, and ive msgd him many times and have been totally ignored. filed a paypal claim which is still pending.

bigtimesports: sold me a card from the fleer auctions which was supposed to be serialed but wasnt. completely ignores all communication and looking at his negs he has done it to many other people too. paypal claim is pending.

JZA said:
bigtimesports: sold me a card from the fleer auctions which was supposed to be serialed but wasnt. completely ignores all communication and looking at his negs he has done it to many other people too. paypal claim is pending.

I can vouch for this, I had the same experience happen to me. And have started warning bidders who buy the same card I did.

MavsMan© said:
I can vouch for this, I had the same experience happen to me. And have started warning bidders who buy the same card I did.

And I have mixed feelings with biggtimesports as a seller.

My first purchase with them wasn't a good one, even if it was for some base/common cards. I received a yellow envelope from them but the envelope wasn't sealed and there was nothing in the envelope. I had other parcels on that day as I can remember, so I don't think it was the case that someone local might've stole it nor the customs might've opened it, because they would've left a note or stamp if they did opened my parcel.

However, my second purchase with them was fine and went smoothly. I got my cards and everyone's happy.

So that's my reason of my mixed feelings towards biggtimesports.

I've got one suggestion to him or her or them; PLEASE ANSWER YOUR E-MAILS OR EMPLOY SOMEONE TO ANSWER ENQUIRIES OR ISSUES!!! :p

Cheers~

Great thread Dream........I think it should be one that continues....maybe we could compile a list with all the ebay ID's ?!?

Spreefan.....glad to hear you got your money back.....did you get your deposit back too ???

Richo said:
Great thread Dream........I think it should be one that continues....maybe we could compile a list with all the ebay ID's ?!?

Spreefan.....glad to hear you got your money back.....did you get your deposit back too ???

yeah i did get my deposit back aswell,

still going though:( :( ,,,, i got an email today from my bank that he is claiming the money back again to force it to go to arbitration.

$#&%ing wanker and that is putting it politely

sorry to hear of your situation spreefan, it sounds like a major head**** mate. i guess its a harsh but necessary lesson though to others to only make major purchases (ie. cases and other big money stuff) from someone you know and trust to an extent...at least know enough about them to know theyre not going to pull some shit like this.

JZA said:
sorry to hear of your situation spreefan, it sounds like a major head**** mate. i guess its a harsh but necessary lesson though to others to only make major purchases (ie. cases and other big money stuff) from someone you know and trust to an extent...at least know enough about them to know theyre not going to pull some shit like this.

exactly mate,

the unfortunate thing is this guy was recomended by my regular supplier(who i have known for over 15 years and trust with my life).
i have learnt my lesson, but to be honest who can you trust these days????

SPREE FAN said:
exactly mate,

the unfortunate thing is this guy was recomended by my regular supplier(who i have known for over 15 years and trust with my life).
i have learnt my lesson, but to be honest who can you trust these days????

i think thats why places like ozcards are so necessary for the hobby, it provides a place to deal in a trustworthy environment. hopefully as this place grows and gains more members, we can cultivate friendships with some big suppliers and thus be able to buy boxes and cases with confidence.

SPREE FAN said:
yeah i did get my deposit back aswell,

still going though:( :( ,,,, i got an email today from my bank that he is claiming the money back again to force it to go to arbitration.

$#&%ing wanker and that is putting it politely

Damn.....is the bank charging you for any of this ? (We all know what they are like). How can he claim the money back if he has no proof of providing you with a product ???

Richo said:
Damn.....is the bank charging you for any of this ? (We all know what they are like). How can he claim the money back if he has no proof of providing you with a product ???

surprisingly the bank is not charging me anything,maybe they feel sorry for me.
my bank has stated that his and my bank just act as a mediator,once it goes to arbitration then that is when i will have to provide exact proof of not receiving product and seller will have to provide proof he actually sent it.

i can't wait for this to happen now as i know he cannot provide any proof at all:lol: :lol:

it has turned into a game(not a fun game to play with so much $$$$ involved)but if it was less money involved i might actually be enjoying it,because i know i am in the right

I would be interested to hear how this turns out dude...keep us informed and best of luck :) (although it you shouldn't need any luck as he is clearly in the wrong).

I had a few already but this is the latest.

Seller : the-psa-man
Auction Link

They quoted in their auction: "The card is in mint condition and a suitable candidate for grading. Any imperfection on the card’s surface is from the scan unless stated otherwise."

It was probably mint condition when they sent it but when it got to me, it was bent and annoying :mad: It only cost me around $10Aus but we want to get the cards in ok condition right?

They put it in bubble envelope but not in a top loader. Only in one of those ultra-pro soft plastic thingy... It wasn't hard/strong enough...

I e-mailed them 3 times and no reply!!! Not very good service!!! :mad: Not recommeded!!!

This is my recent bad ebayer

Midnightbaseball339

I bidded on a card from a US dealer that had postage saying USPS Global Priority Mail,I didnt ask first about postage cost as I know that USPS Global Priority Mail usually cost between 5 to 10 bucks.
Well.. I will never amuse again !!!As he charge me $16.50 for postage cost.When I received my card..Postage cost on it was only $9.00
So I learnt a valuable lesson..
Next time I see USPS I will ask first, as the price could cost anything!!

Cheers Tracy

Seller: Nikezabe7
The problem: I bought a SPGU Bogut significance auto #6/10 (Bogut's jersey number). I paid the day the auction ended with a money order because that is all he took. About a week later he emails me and tells me to hold on and not send the money yet. I replied saying that I had already sent the money and asked what was going on. He took another week to respond and then said that he had decided to trade the card to a friend instead.

Well I was furious because it wasn't like I could replace this card. Since it was his jersey number it was the only one out there. About a week later I saw the card up for auction again by a new seller. I contacted that seller asking how he got the card. He said that some guy walking around a card show sold it to him (for more than I had paid). He was asking twice the price (with a BIN) that I had paid for the card already, so I couldn't afford to buy it again.

To make a long story short I never got the card, but I did finally get my money back. Guess nikezabe didn't like that I got the card at a great price on the auction and he wanted more money for it so he took it to a show and sold it.

Seller response: Other than telling me he was sorry and that there was nothing he could do about it, he didn't have a response. He did send the money order back was the only good thing he did.

Back
Top Bottom