Oz ebay fake seller

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlardoux

OzCardTrader
Real Name
thierry
Hi,

Wanted to warn you about ebay member crazy_stuff who lives in australia.

He sell fake michael jordan goodwin autos. Here is one of his sales : http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MICHAEL-...ltDomain_15&hash=item4ab6148ca5#ht_500wt_1413

I received the same card and a friend alert me because the back of the card was not legit. The legit card looks like that : http://www.checkoutmycards.com/User...mpions_Autographs/MJ/Michael_Jordan_C/5434219

On the back it is supposed to have a text to congrats you + a UD hologram. Mine has just career statistics like a reg.

Have done some photos to explain you :

Here is the item I received :

DSC07967.jpg
DSC07968.jpg

Was happy until I realize the back was not the one supposed to be.

Looking more at the card I realized the paper has 2 different colors on the side. If I pull here it is what happen :

DSC07969.jpg
DSC07970.jpg
DSC07971.jpg

After :

DSC07972.jpg

DSC07973.jpg

In these photo we can see that it is the regular card of MJ goodwin + a photo printed on Canon paper :
DSC07974.jpg

The seller refund me as soon as I file a paypal claim and I destruct the card. Wanted to share so he can't do the same with other people. Have reported the active item too.

Thierry

I bought the same card a few days ago but the "Beckett graded" version. I also realised it was a fake regarding to the back of the card and he's refunded me but he promised he didn't know that... I sent the card back but he has relisted the item a few days ago : http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320882379941#ht_500wt_1182

He's just ended the item... hope he doesn't sold it. Pretty sure he's already won a lot of money...

Thanks for comment. Hopefully me and OMStars both get refunds. Wish no other people get ripped off.

Will not change my mind that OZ traders are very cool people to deal with ;)

Maybe I'm just a bit boozed up or sleepy but how is there a Beckett graded fake version of this card? Or am I reading the above posts wrong?

One of the worst cases i've seen.
Glad you discovered the truth before he could do this to others!!
Looks like hes already made a bit of coin off these fakes unfortunately.

I don't understand why people do this. Why do they have to waste their lifes trying to scam honest people who think they are buying a rare card for their most cherished collection and have worked hard to afford it! It is just a really low act!

he says he had no idea, but im not so sure. he sold a magic/bird hoops auto a few weeks back which was also fake. plus the 2x fake MJs, he seems to get a few fakes through his collection.
i bid on the ewing auto hes got going, but i got a feeling its not the real deal either... :(

.....shambles, at least copy the back of the card too! Raw Beckett review too- cheeky sod!

Wow this eBay seller just offered me a swap of a Jordan auto jersey or auto card for my Jeremy Lin auto that is currently listed on eBay!
He is high bidder on it too, am I able to block him or is it too late?

Damn, that's going to another depth of low.

Name and shame these guys across any forum you know!

What's up with the Raw Review, the sticker looks tampered on bottom left? Do you think they've managed to get it "graded" despite being a fake?

I would have been fooled if not to see the back with out the hologram, and then your photos. That's dodgey as! Maybe put up an ebay listing of the same name and add "fake seller"

And then disclose all your info about them in the listing.... Fellow ebayers will see it, and hopefully they'll steer clear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom