Other Card Section

cricket_cox

Banned User
Real Name
Tim
eBay User
tim410au (visit my homepage link)
keep the other section but make an other cards section.

- Cricket
- Gaming Cards
- TV Series
- Other Cards
- Maildays
- Breaks

So for cricket, gaming, tv series and other, they would have For Sale/Trade, Wantlist and talk threads all coming under itself.

eg

CRICKET

Wanted: 2007-08 select commons
FS/FT: 1938 Bradman Players Card
FS/FT: Topps 01-02 Box
Will there be at 2009-10 series

Anyones thought? this is simply a rough idea

so know one gives a toss? no opinions what so ever. or are the nba collectors trying to keep it as nba as possible.

I don't know where that came from, but this is OzCardTrader and is not related to any one sport. Yes it's true the site started as primarily an NBA site, it is far from that now (and you only have to look at the Football forums to see that).

There is a section for other, and at this stage, there probably wouldn't be a point to split it up. Why ? Because it isn't utilised enough.

You will also notice that AFL & NRL are included in one forum, and I think it is getting to the stage where they will have to be split because of the amount of use each code is getting.

Take cricket for example - I like cricket and have a collection of cricket cards myself. But currently in the Other forums there are 4 posts in the last 2 weeks re cricket. Not really enough to justify it's own forum just yet is it ? If the action picked up, I would consider adding it's own forum but at this stage I don't think it's going to happen.

I will have a think about it though - thanks for the suggestion.

well there are enough registered members. but there just not active because they register and lose interest when they see that the site is all baseball cricket afl and then the odd cricket thread pops up. People have critized me on this forum they say how come you have so many posts and you've been registered for nearly a year but dont even have 10 trades..... wonder why u tool i think about them

well there are enough registered members. but there just not active because they register and lose interest when they see that the site is all baseball cricket afl and then the odd cricket thread pops up. People have critized me on this forum they say how come you have so many posts and you've been registered for nearly a year but dont even have 10 trades..... wonder why u tool i think about them

huh? :blink:

yeh pretty much. im not giving the site hass, but when you compare it to the other ozzie card forum it isnt one for change.

just maybe trial it for a while. but the problem is that its winter at the moment so cricket would suffer.

i reckon if people advertized the site in there emails and ebay sellings that it would also atract more members. i mean the worse that can happen is that there is little response. the best thing is more members to the site.

Having a sub-forum for cricket might be self-fulfilling.i.e. It will used because it is there. But it is very quite on ebay at the moment as u say. Esp for signed cards. Only 51 listed. (and 9 are mine).

Nice work Tim :thumbsup: Only just stumbled onto this thread... I remember visiting this site a few times as a guest at the start of the year but it was everything but cricket... I joined in April after seeing the cricket section, must have only been a few days after this all went down and graham added it :)

It was the best idea i've ever had :p

Seriously though, it is an Aussie card site, so it made sense to add them. As Liam said, he would never have signed up if there wasn't a dedicated cricket section, so hopefully there are many others like him!

Any other suggestions, please feel free to throw them out there. We do listen ... sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom