One for Metallica fans....

w4nted

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matthew
My mate was lucky enough to pick up a Meet & Greet pass to catch up with Metallica before their first concert in Melbourne :woot: They run a strict strict operation for it though! Limit of 2 things per person to have signed. If anyone is seen trying to pull out a third then BYE BYE. If at any point any band member wants you to leave, then BYE BYE... Basically the way they work is about 20-25 people get a pass. You form a line, and then the band members come out at different intervals. They tell you before it starts that not all members come out depending on how they are feeling, or pre-gig commitments i.e. radio, tv interviews etc. So you might see them all, but possibly only 1 or 2. They even said sometimes NONE come out. Depending on how engaging you are with them will determine how long each member spends with you - normally around 30 secs. And you can ask basically whatever you like. Being that they've done thousands, they are pretty good at it and normally keep the conversation going i.e. favourite song, seen us before, got albums and gerenal chit chat. Luckily on this occasion ALL 4 members attended. Although there was suspense for James as the other 3 had been and gone and everyone thought it was over then he strolled through the doors :thumbsup:

When signing my album Lars was funny... when he asked my mate for his name and he replied that it was Gavin, but this was for Matt, he asked why i wasnt there. Gavin explained that they only give one pass for them but if he wanted to get another i'd be happy to attended at another show. Lars said he really didnt know how these things worked as he doesnt have anything to do with that side of it, but told Gav to tell me that 'He loved me and that he wished i was there' :lol:

metallica.JPG

Great story and what an awesome bit of memorabilia!!

Gavin was one lucky guy to meet the whole band.

What are you planning to do now, are you are going to get the autographs framed??

Sick as man! That would have been sweet as! would be interesting to know if your going ot frame them? :v:

Its a limited edition red vinyl pressing of Kill 'Em All. It sits proudly in my display cabinet on a stand surrounded by Metallica memorabilia i.e. Lars Ulrich Signature series Drum Sticks, limited release CD singles, cloth wall hangings, fan club stickers, 'So What' magazine and of course my 1 of 1 Dangerskillz sketch :D

I'll be entering for the Meet & Greets for the concerts im going to in Brisbane and Melbourne. Cant wait for the Melbourne one because its on Kirks birthday. Should hopefully be something special!! If i happen to win one, im going to buy a Zildjian 'Pitch Black' Crash cymbal (picture attached for effect) and get them all to sign it in silver. Fingers crossed!

Gavin brought a Kirk Hammett guitar worth $900 (retail) and got it signed in silver (the guitar is black)... he was offered $2000 on the spot for it at the concert. Must be said though, the vinyl attracted the most attention from the guys in the Meet & Greet as its sold out.... very jealous people there :thumbsup:

zil pitch black crash 16.jpg

Sounds like a sweet collection Matt...glad my sketch card is welcome in it.

Once again well done and congrats on the autos plus good luck with the other Meet and Greets!

Back
Top Bottom