On-card auto vs on-sticker auto

evilhomer74

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Shane
I hate autographs on stickers.

And the good ol' auto sticker epidemic is spreading. I see now even Trilogy have only the auto stckers!

I'm at the point now that I am loathe to ever buy a card (or box) with an auto sticker. I have always been an Upper Deck fan due to the auto's being on the actual card, now UD are screwing the card buying public as well.

If these card companies wanna take the cheap & easy path, then drop your prices!!!!!

There is only one smiley that can describe my anger.............:fist:

Even the highend products have been known to throw a few sticker autos in. There's a good read about this topic in the latest beckett, UD tries to justify it.

Can ya summarise what they say norm? :thumbsup:

Well summed all up, they say by sending sheets of stickers to players, minimises the amount of time it takes for them to sign it, encouraging them to sign more, reduce the time they take to send the stickers back to the card companies etc.... Also reduces the amount of redemptions required.

I hate them, if UD could do it before, i am sure they can do it again. I am happy to get the job of bringing around the cards to the players to sign :thumbsup:

I always prefer on-card auto because if card companies can charge us the amount they are charging for a box of cards, they should make products up to the standards that we expect. But it seems to me, it's all about cutting costs for them and their objective is to flood the market with low quality game-used cards and autographs. They forgot that quality is what matters not quantity.

The main reason I am against stick-ons is because most of the time the players don't sign within the sticker. These players obviously have attitude problems and don't give a rat's ass about what they do. But if card companies can make them sign less, they would put more effort into signing, producing full signatures rather than scribbling initials.

I would prefer to have a on card auto, i like the thought of having a card that the player has actually had to hold to sign it.

but when it comes down to it, im not going to meet the players for the chance to get an auto in person, so sticker or on card are the next best thing.

Back
Top Bottom