Older Teamcoach Drought

footyfan13

The Teamcoach Guy
Real Name
Shan
eBay User
footyfan13
I'll admit that for me, it is starting to get much harder to find the cards I need for the collection, but now it seems like I've reached a point where even my main focal point seems to be virtually non-existent.

For some weird reason, I can find anything from 2001, 2002, and 2007 onwards to be a breeze, but golds from 2003-2006? It's as people forgot the series existed for those years outside of wildcards.

I know there was lower production runs for those years, but why does it seem like no one had golds (or silvers, but thankfully I've completed those sets, was very difficult, mind you) for those years.

It's a bit of a slog, but I guess that's what the challenge is all about.

I completely agree with your observations. Looking at my wantlist, the bulk of the cards that I'm still looking for are from mid-2000s Teamcoach. I'm still searching for a heap of golds from 2003-06. I've had very few opportunities to acquire any. That's part of the fun of collecting I guess, searching for those cards which are inexplicably very difficult to find!

Edit: When I searched eBay for "200x Teamcoach gold West Coast" for 2003-06, there were a grand total of seven listings for those four years. I think that says it all!

It also doesn't help when you go down to the card fair, only to find that the only Teamcoach stuff is from 2010 onwards and any pre-2010 are either Commons or like 3 singular silvers.

Also, the prices (I just saw a seller try to sell a 2004 HTP set for $140 and a normal 2003 common set for $120).

It feels a little discouraging when you see the traders have some sweet Scanlens and other cards from pre-2000, yet you'd be lucky to see even one 2003 TC gold. I think I saw a couple of trader with the majority of the 1930s cigarette cards there. While that is cool, it's a little disappointing that I can't even get something from my era! Lol.

Back
Top Bottom