Old school Exquisite Prices

Im gonna go against everyone here and say prices are not expensive at all and exactly where they should be. People always look at absolute prices without factoring in inflation. House prices since 2003 have tripled. Stock market has more than doubled. All our super funds have gone up. If I had started working in 2003 my salary would have more than tripled. Entry level bulls MJ autos back then were about 1k, and now are about 4k. We see similar rises in all asset classes. Including 2003 exquisites.
So in absolute terms yes prices are up from 2003 but in relative terms they are not really more expensive.

Im gonna go against everyone here and say prices are not expensive at all and exactly where they should be. People always look at absolute prices without factoring in inflation. House prices since 2003 have tripled. Stock market has more than doubled. All our super funds have gone up. If I had started working in 2003 my salary would have more than tripled. Entry level bulls MJ autos back then were about 1k, and now are about 4k. We see similar rises in all asset classes. Including 2003 exquisites.
So in absolute terms yes prices are up from 2003 but in relative terms they are not really more expensive.

Inflation over time is a factor, sure.

But I would say roughly anything of quality from this set has gone up 5 - 20 times of what a consistent price was only 3-5 years ago.

And our wages have not gone along for the ride, and when Exquisites were hitting ebay in bulk, our dollar was stronger.

Basically, it's far more costly to buy Exquisites than what it used to be.

But they will continue to go up.

Exquisite ♥ 😍

20190922_191755.jpg

W
I'm never completing my 03/04 Exquisite base & rookie set :(
Just assumed I'd be able to pick up the stuff I needed at a slight increase. So incredibly wrong :D

Was that also to include the LeBron RC? :blink:

Love your name!!!!!

Nice to see you back here with your Pips! (Personally not been on much myself, but at least still have the same name!)

Ersk
hahaha thanks mate. I've been loitering a bit. I thought i'd throw some of my crappy cards out and wait for guys like you to bring out the big guns!! Good to see you're still around though!

Back
Top Bottom