Old collector jumping back in

Wades_eth

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Sef
Hey guys,
Been collecting NBA cards since mid 90s through to 2013.

Have an ok collection which I'll be putting up for sale/auction here to fund getting some more modern stuff.

Wanted to share a quick story how we got back in a month or so ago and if there is enough interest, we can give more details.

Long story short, one of my young fam members wanted some Kobe cards...

So i opened up the old boxes which haven't been touched for over 6 years, broke out the Kobe cards and gave him about 10.

There was a particular in there and given his tragic passing, though, better check the price on ebay before giving it away. Its just a base card, non numbered, not a refractor, nothing special. So log online to find out is routinely going for 150 to 200 aud. Ok, so this get my attention and I grab a few more from the storage box only to find out these are trading in some serious amounts four and five figures.

Right before we stopped collecting we purchased 3 boxes of this stuff and opened them - the cards have been in storage, well preserved since then.

Look forward to sharing with you guys our find and what happened next...

Wades.eth

Sounds interesting, looking fwd to hearing more.

My mate got me back in about 3months ago, he nearly had a heart attack when he opened my tool box in shed to find i had stashed a Luka RC prizm in there. After he re educated me, im back into it.

Sounds interesting, looking fwd to hearing more.

My mate got me back in about 3months ago, he nearly had a heart attack when he opened my tool box in shed to find i had stashed a Luka RC prizm in there. After he re educated me, im back into it.
Wow, hit paydirt.

With ours a similar card just sold for 21k usd at auction. Similar player, same card. PSA10 so fingers crossed we get some good news from psa soon.

When I say 'we' that particular card is my mates.
When I found out about the prices I called him to let him know....luckily he kept it all and in good condition. He though it was worth a few hundred. :)

Back
Top Bottom