Official Olympic Basketball Thread -- Spoilers

Suppose we can put Olympic warm up talk in here too?

Game tonight 7pm! iinet streaming it on their app if it's not on fox, haven't checked the guide yet

7.00pm foxsports2 chanel 502 ;)

Cheers for the heads up, just set the foxtel.

Not totally sold on Boomers chances, but if things go our way (ie we avoid USA in qtr/semi finals) who knows, but we will have to have huge performances from our guards, namely Mills, as our forwards/centres wont dominate, but also wont be dominated themselves, so I think our guage of success rests purely on how well our guards both defend and score. Ingles and Newley have been away from OZ for awhile now, so its been a bit hard to see how they have improved, but I sure hope they can hit 3's better than I remember, as one of them will have to be a threat so that the floor can remain spaced to give Mills driving lanes.

Also, maybe its just my Perth Wilcats bias, but I am really bummed about Damien Martin being cut instead of Adam Gibson. I really think that a defensive stopper at PG is what we need coming off the bench behind Mills. Gibson for me is pretty much the same as Mills, just not as good, which doesnt give us a lot of variation, whereas Martin could have come in and pressed full court and really had an effect on game tempo.

GO BOOMERS!!

OK so apparently I appeared on TV a few times, sitting right behind the Aussie bench.

A brief run down -
Brazil were a much better team than the Opals on the night. Opals are by far a better team, but strugged abit tonight.

Boomers will struggle once teams start to shut down Mills, as he is our main scoring threat. Really good seeing dellavedova at the pg and mills at SG a few times to

Im tryna watch online at freezone but im having trouble with the player... the game wont load.

Grrr!

Yeah, miss foxtel.. i cant get anything at all, wont even load a bit.. just black screen. :(

OK so apparently I appeared on TV a few times, sitting right behind the Aussie bench.

A brief run down -
Brazil were a much better team than the Opals on the night. Opals are by far a better team, but strugged abit tonight.

Boomers will struggle once teams start to shut down Mills, as he is our main scoring threat. Really good seeing dellavedova at the pg and mills at SG a few times to

I agree 100%. I would love to see Mills playing a bit more SG. Even with the starting unit, as Ingles can handle the ball a fair bit. This strengthens our outside shooting, as it seems that Mills is clearly our best outside shooter. I really worry about our ability to hit the outside shot, especially Newley who will get plenty of open looks, and once teams start playing zone against us and clogging up the lane more, if we cant hit the outside shot we are really gonna struggle to score.

Was really impressed with Maric. He was a very strong presence inside and I think he will combine well with Andersen once he comes in, as it will give us a great high post/low post option, which I thought Nielsen could also help with, but he was very quiet tonight.

Can't give up as many offensive rebounds!!

Yeah, their defensive rebounding in 1st half was terrible. They fixed it up alot in the 2nd half when Greece only got 3 more off reb for whole half which is far more acceptable. It also was the time when Boomers took over as they were limiting Greece to just one shot.

Back
Top Bottom