Official NRL Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS INSIDE***

Yep Tahu is a grub. Another brain snap.

Can the Sharks please take back Snowden. My mum can run quicker.

Can't believe round one is upon us tonight. Wanted to start a thread to discuss issues that surround each round and the games. Will start the ball rolling with:

ROUND 1

Just read a headline from an article by Greg Alexander saying he thinks the dragons will not make the 8. Bad news for the Knights because usually when X footballers make these statements it fires up a team. Was confident on the Knights tonight, maybe not anymore.

I think there a two teams in round 1 that need to make a statement. Put up or shut up time for....

Souths & Parramatta

I need a tip for

Penrith v Bulldogs ( Got no idea !!! )
Wests Tigers v Sharks ( Got no idea !! )

Is Gallen any chance of playing...

Brandy is not the only expert to be of that opinion...plenty are

If its wet Bulldogs by plenty / dry and I give Penrith a big chance....

Tigers because of Leichardt...but go the Sharks !!!

Danger game for the Knights. They historically dont handle being favorite well. Should be a cracking game - expect the forward to bash each other early.

Sun is out in Newcastle so we should have a dry game tonight!

Looking forward to seeing some new look teams this weekend. Bring it on.

Well, danger game indeed......... and it pissed down (which helped the Dragons)

Can you now edit your Avatar.....1 tackle / 0 offloads / 0 line breaks / not even a line break assist (Supercoach19pts) doesn't = Darius the Dragon Slayer. I could think of a couple of alternatives but I'll defer to your judgement.. On a side not he started awful for the Dragons in year 1 made heaps of kick return metres but didn't score a try until Rnd 20...but its not about this year for the Knights...

Not sure how rules for spoilers work but I think we should wait until least the next day to discuss night results.

Just edit the heading to say ***SPOILERS INSIDE*** and it is buyer beware

Cheers
Ross

Lol. maybe i will change my Avatar to Cuthbo. Your pretty cocky for a golden point win hobo!! haha

Have edited heading. Make comments on games as soon as they have finished.

I wouldn't read too much into last nights game for the Knights. Is always going to be a work in process. I noticed a lot of promising things for them. I thought Darius Boyd was ok, it will just take a little while for the combinations to stick. Outside the first 30 seconds of the game " The Ben Hornby Career just keeps rolling on". No Hornby this year , I reckon the dragons may struggle. He does the key things at the key times.

Lol. maybe i will change my Avatar to Cuthbo. Your pretty cocky for a golden point win hobo!! haha

:D Not cocky really just "well pleased" taking the Dragons with the line +4.5 helps the mood.

What did happen to Cuthbo........betting scandal you think?) :whistle:

There was nothing in the Tahu thing, going by the second replay he didn't make contact, and that's pretty much confirmed by the fact the Dragons player didn't react at all.

I thought Nightingale might have got in a bit more trouble for running in throwing punches.

:D Not cocky really just "well pleased" taking the Dragons with the line +4.5 helps the mood.

What did happen to Cuthbo........betting scandal you think?) :whistle:

Yeah i shouldve taken the start. Special thanks to Dean Young for stuffing up my 1-12 :cautious:

There was nothing in the Tahu thing, going by the second replay he didn't make contact, and that's pretty much confirmed by the fact the Dragons player didn't react at all.

I thought Nightingale might have got in a bit more trouble for running in throwing punches.

I dunno, The way i saw it was Tahu threw some air swings then Nightingale hit him. I only saw it once so i may be wrong.
Any judiciary would take Nightingales side over Tahu. He is a grub.

I dunno, The way i saw it was Tahu threw some air swings then Nightingale hit him. I only saw it once so i may be wrong.
Any judiciary would take Nightingales side over Tahu. He is a grub.

That's the way I saw it..... Tahu showed the usual ill discpline, not much in it but really stupid, Nightgale let him know and Tahu started puching holes in the air.

The only thing i got out of last night was that our front row is terrible. Way to small.

If Cuthbo does not drop that goal we probably win. Tough loss. I guess none of will remember the first round in 6 months time (accept hobo & AY) lol

The only thing i got out of last night was that our front row is terrible. Way to small.

If Cuthbo does not drop that goal we probably win. Tough loss. I guess none of will remember the first round in 6 months time (accept hobo & AY) lol

Prior and Young both gifted opportunities for the Knights to get away with the win, could've gone either way.

Have not watched replay but apparently Gould criticised Soward taking the Penalty goal in the first half? They never say "we were wrong" when taking the two points is the difference between winning and losing.

Newcastle will only get better.

Noticed that as well. Lacked a bit in the engine room. Liked what I saw from the halves and the hooker rotation but up front they were a little soft. The red head looks good though... Mckinnon I think.

jack e belin will play 200+ games absolute workhorse with no dumb mistakes reminded me of hindmarsh type player.

Back
Top Bottom