Official new orleans hornets thread for 2010-2011

I don't think any of those teams could use him... NJ already has an offensive minded Morrow at the 2 with Outlaw who is plenty offenisve at the 3. Terrence Williams, the rookie James and Quentin Ross off the bench in the swing positions leaves them pretty stocked.

Charlotte might be able to find him some junk minutes off the bench the same way NO are using him (~15mins tops) behind SJax/Wallace/Diaw but with Derrick Brown and Matt Carroll getting some time and Livingston/Augustin able to play both guard possies, why would they want a guy who doesn't play D taking minutes? No way Larry Brown and his PG love is going to play him at the point!

And Milwaukee would be the worst fit of all given they already have Maggette/Delfino/Salmons/Redd (returning), Mbah a Moute and Ersan whom can switch down to the 3, and Jennings, Dooling and Boykins holding the Point. Not to mention Chris Douglas-Roberts whom is inactive at the moment...

Not sure what they're going to do with Thornton, but surely he's putting all his energy into learning to play D so he can be a part of what looks to be a very solid team. Loving the court time my man Jason Smith has been logging too :D

Yeah Ben...... I wasn't really focusing on the team roster when mentioning the teams, as I didn't really put any serious thought into it... just was saying those 3 teams could use some more offense is all :)

Any team would be better for Thornton right now. Hornets arnt even giving him game time to prove his defense is getting better. I understand the Hornets are all about defense this year and they are winning alot of game because of it but its sad to see Thornton thrown off the roster for players like Bayless who last game had 5points, 3 assists, 0 rebounds and a turnover after 16mins and Belinelli who had 8 points, 1 rebound, 0 assists after 22mins. I mean comon, Thornton can produce way better than that when given the same game time.

Thats why he would be better on a run and gun offense team who never really play D anyways. He could be a huge scorer!

if i am the hornets, i would be reluctant to get rid of thornton just yet... peja is the major bargaining chip that they posses with his expiring contract coming off the books at the end of this season - look for a trade before the deadline. it wouldnt make sense imo for the hornet to move thornton and then move peja as well as they would then be devoid of any major scoring punch off the bench... the other major reason they should keep thornton is that he is still on his rookie contract and realistically are still getting reasonable production out of him for what they are paying him - with other guys you dont know what you are going to get but at his salary you arent going to be getting much quality in return

moving peja to solidify the bench with some more role players would be the way to go for me (primarily a rebounding/shotblocking big man and some more scoring punch), as they were doing well without peja in the lineup anyhow. they havent really found a proper role for him since he has come back from injury - time will tell i guess

not sure i like this particular deal.

not a fan of jarrett jack but he would actually provide us with a legitimate back up pg (bayless is more of a sg), so i guess thats not a bad thing. in terms of marcus banks, he would most likely get waived as he hasnt really found a place in the NBA. as for david andersen, i would like to see him succeed in new orleans but is he the tough rebounding option we are looking for? im not so sure

boy toronto simply loves international players... they come and go like theres no tomorrow. peja might hang em up i reckon after this season, after what has been a stellar career (remember he finished 3rd in MVP voting one year! i think around 03/04... pretty remarkable really for a guy of his build and stature). with bayless he might actually find a niche in toronto and finally get some consistent pt

So apparently Marcus Thornton is injured which is why he is not on the roster (bruised thigh) but coach Monty Williams also says he isnt ready defensively to be back any time soon. Injured or in the doghouse??

The way things sound he wont get another game this year :(

He's in the doghouse.

Trade is a little perplexing...if it ain't broke, why fix it springs to mind currently. Surely a better deal could have been found later in the year? I don't think Anderson brings much to the team other than height (he's not great at doing anything really, just middle of the road) and while Jack is solid and can play both guard spots (likely puts Thornton further down the line too), was it really not working that badly?

Toronto will run a 2 headed PG now with Calderon and Bayless. Bayless will get some good minutes me thinks. They'll probably start Peja!

Marcus Thornton was traded to the Kings for Carl Landry.

The hornets were hardly playing MT5 so its a good move for the hornets and hopefully will be good for Thornton's career :)

yeh interesting trade - i always got the feeling that monty wasnt gonna keep giving thornton big minutes due to his inability or unwillingness to play D... in landry we get a nice player in return who can rebound and score and who plays above his listed height... kings get a scorer who can fill it up in a hurry

yeh interesting trade - i always got the feeling that monty wasnt gonna keep giving thornton big minutes due to his inability or unwillingness to play D... in landry we get a nice player in return who can rebound and score and who plays above his listed height... kings get a scorer who can fill it up in a hurry

Its a funny thing the "bad defense" issue that surrounded Thornton. Thornton said himself after being traded that it wasn't just bad defense that Monty wasn't playing him. Thornton also said his defense wasn't terrible. Its not like he got owned out there.

I just hope he is appreciated for his offense with the Kings this time....

Marcus Thornton led the Kings with 25 points against the Hornets but the Kings lost in the final quarter.

CP3 played great after coming back from a concussion. He had 33 points and 15 assists :worthy:

Good away win for the Hornets beating the Jazz in OT but David West has torn his ACL and is out for the season :(

Who will fill West's role? I feel a good playoff run for the hornets will be over now cause he is our main scorer.............

Good away win for the Hornets beating the Timberwolves in OT but David West has torn his ACL and is out for the season :(

Who will fill West's role? I feel a good playoff run for the hornets will be over now cause he is our main scorer.............

They played against Utah not wolves mate .

Back
Top Bottom