Official new orleans hornets thread for 2010-2011

very satisfying to see the team play this well and gel early - very important for confidence... i hope theyre on one hd a bit this season

Hornets beat the Rockets yesterday and are now unbeaten at 4-0. How will we fair against the Heat next game?? Will be interesting.

Thornton is playing very inconsistently only scoring 4 points with 2-9 shooting against the Rockets after scoring 17 points against the Spurs the game before. I really hope he gets better as the season progresses. I know he has the potential as he showed last year. maybe a new team would suit him better. Perhaps a run and gun team?

On the other hand CP3 is in All Star form averaging 21.3ppg, 6.3rpg & 9apg :worthy: Is MVP out of the question this year?

Is that so? :whistle: :p Sorry to say but Hornets held on to beat the Heat. CP3 had 19 dimes :thumbsup:

Hornets are now 5-0. Best start in Hornets history :D

Yeah I know - I watched the game.

Disappointing loss, Heat's limitations inside definitely shown. Better now than in the playoffs though. We'll bounce back.

Hornets are riding a fluke wave - they can't keep this up ;)

Man Ariza and Cp3 tore apart miami in that game..... Cp3 best Pg in the game easy i say, got like 20 huge asssists, ariza steals and that 3 was massive,

got a soft spot for the Bees, even tho im a suns fan who are 1-3 atm shocking

Yeah I know - I watched the game.

Disappointing loss, Heat's limitations inside definitely shown. Better now than in the playoffs though. We'll bounce back.

Hornets are riding a fluke wave - they can't keep this up ;)

Well of course the Hornets will lose a game soon but to win 5 in a row all against great teams aint no fluke!

FEAR THE BEE!!!

---------- Post added 07-11-2010 at 01:02 PM ----------

Hornets beat Bucks and go 6-0 :worthy:

totally ripping it up... such good overall team balance and the new acquisitions have been a real blessing - ariza, bellineli, smith, gree all contributing plenty... plus now emeka seems to have found a bit of a flow defensively and has improved that side of the team as well

Yeah the Hornets are rolling for sure :worthy:

The Team is all about DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE!. In all 8 wins we have kept the opponent under 100 points which shows our defense is great!

Thornton isnt even on the Roster now because his defense just isnt up to the task even if his offense is super :(
I think it would be better to trade Thornton to a team who needs some offense otherwise his talent is going to waste

NJ, Charlotte & Milwaukee all could use his offense. However I doubt Milwaukee would be happy with him as they're all about defense.

I don't think any of those teams could use him... NJ already has an offensive minded Morrow at the 2 with Outlaw who is plenty offenisve at the 3. Terrence Williams, the rookie James and Quentin Ross off the bench in the swing positions leaves them pretty stocked.

Charlotte might be able to find him some junk minutes off the bench the same way NO are using him (~15mins tops) behind SJax/Wallace/Diaw but with Derrick Brown and Matt Carroll getting some time and Livingston/Augustin able to play both guard possies, why would they want a guy who doesn't play D taking minutes? No way Larry Brown and his PG love is going to play him at the point!

And Milwaukee would be the worst fit of all given they already have Maggette/Delfino/Salmons/Redd (returning), Mbah a Moute and Ersan whom can switch down to the 3, and Jennings, Dooling and Boykins holding the Point. Not to mention Chris Douglas-Roberts whom is inactive at the moment...

Not sure what they're going to do with Thornton, but surely he's putting all his energy into learning to play D so he can be a part of what looks to be a very solid team. Loving the court time my man Jason Smith has been logging too :D

Back
Top Bottom