Official new orleans hornets thread for 2010-2011

jacobsmith01

Damian Lillard
Real Name
Jacob
Thought I would start up another thread for the Hornets as I did last year. Feel free to discuss the team and their games for 2010-11 on here ;)

The hornets picked up a some new rookies recently in Quincy Pondexter a 6-6 Forward & Craig Brackins a 6-10 Forward. Some other new players are also trying out for the Hornets in the Summer League.

Im hoping for a big year for the Hornets and look forward to seeing Collison & Thornton ripping it up in their freshman year :kick:

Lets hope Chris Paul & Peja can stay healthy and have a full season.

GO HORNETS!!!

i cant see us doing much more than last season, we will improve but i think we may miss the playoffs again

If cp3 & Peja stay healthy I rekon we can make the playoffs. Thornton & collison still look hot so we have a pretty good roster really. We were lucky to grab such good rookies last year. Lets hope the new rookies perform good backup also.

I can't wait for to see how Collison and Thornton go this season. Hopefully they can produce the same form as they did in their rookie year. Ohh and being a Kiwi I really hope they re-sign Marks!!!!!!

They better not let cp3 go. :mad:

I was never a fan of Jeff Bower
I think our new coach will be good

New coach Monty Williams is young but hopefully thats a good thing and he looks at things with a more fresh approach. I found this info about CP3

Paul has recently switched agents, amid speculation that he will look to leave New Orleans after the 2011-12 season, when he can get out of his contract, if the Hornets do not dramatically improve the quality of the roster.

I hope Cp3 doesn't move on, but it's looking more likely every day. He was rumoured to be linked to NY, but Collison has plenty of potential and can run the point.

Lets not forget that Head has now joined the team, he also can shoot the ball very nicely and can be explosive coming off the pine.

neither gray or marks are much more than roster fillers, neither realistically make much impact when they play, theyre just extra bodies...

neither gray or marks are much more than roster fillers, neither realistically make much impact when they play, theyre just extra bodies...

I know but because he's a kiwi I really want him to get picked up again. He played well when he got minutes a couple of seasons back. He unfortunately really is just a big body to train against. He has done well to hang around as long as he has!

I know but because he's a kiwi I really want him to get picked up again. He played well when he got minutes a couple of seasons back. He unfortunately really is just a big body to train against. He has done well to hang around as long as he has!

very true that... i understand your loyalty to your countryman

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -Chris Paul has requested to be traded and the New Orleans Hornets have scheduled a meeting with the star guard on Monday, according to a person familiar with the situation.

Paul will sit down with new head coach Monty Williams, new general manager Dell Demps and team president Hugh Weber in New Orleans, the person told The Associated Press on Thursday. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the team had not made plans to meet with Paul public, and because Paul has not publicly demanded a trade.

The person also said that Paul, through his representatives, has told the Hornets he would prefer to be dealt to one of only a handful of teams, including the New York Knicks and Orlando Magic.

Paul, 25, cannot opt out of his contract for two years. However, he said at a recent charity golf tournament that he will be unhappy playing for the Hornets if they fail to demonstrate a commitment to winning immediately.

The only free-agency move the Hornets have made this offseason so far is resigning reserve center Aaron Gray.

The Hornets also have made it clear they have no intention of trading Paul.

Read more: AP source: Hornets' Paul requests to be traded - NBA - SI.com

well, the smart move for him would be new york... the knicks need, him, the knicks want him and the knicks have eddy currys expiring $13M contract to trade, which they wanna get rid of and use as a bargaining chip

from the hornets perspective, they realistically arent gonna win a championship anytime soon unless a miracle happens and paul knows this - it is understandable that he wants to be traded, not that I necessarily agree with it or want it to happen as a hornets supporter... i still believe these superstars like paul, need to make every effort to win a title off their own back

negative for hornets is this... in a small market like theyre in, winning and positivity are essential to the success of basketball in new orleans, hence, if they were to lose paul it would seriously set them back in the immediate/short term as he is the heart and soul and the face of the franchise... couple that with the fact that they are paying guys like peja ($15M - final year of contract) and okafor ($12M - still has a few years to go) some massive money, they are not allowing themselves the chance to go out and secure other quality free agents to make the team better.

however, if the hornets were to move paul on, the positives for them would be this... they have a second year pg darren collison that could fill the void quite well as he proved last year when given the opportunity - not the same shooter or defender that paul is but would be good for around 15ppg and 8apg i reckon if he had the reigns. the other guy is the x factor who i believe has a chance to become a major star in the league, and thats marcus thornton... he can flat out score. very strong, quick, explosive, loves taking it to the hoop and can stroke the 3 ball really well... he could be a consistent 20-23ppg scorer in the nba... check him out:

they would then need to either start shopping pejas expiring contract and maybe package him up with okafor or even posey to bring in some youth and get the payroll down a little.... gotta keep dwest around though, hes real solid

hurts me to say but if the hornets stay as they are, theyre not really gonna be going anywhere soon... so wholesale changes are needed to make this team competitive again

Back
Top Bottom