Official NBL 2015/16 Season Thread

Stung by two losses in a week to NBL bogey team Perth, Hawks coach Rob Beveridge revealed the squad spoke openly on Tuesday about their NBL short-comings.

The discussion then sparked a bruising training run, designed to set a new standard and turn the Hawks into a title contender.

“It was a brutal, truthful appraisal,” Beveridge said.

“Then we had a really good hit-out which got very narky, the intensity level certainly went up, it was the kick up the arse they needed.

“We were extremely fatigued in Perth, but it’s the mental side of the game you have to deal with if you want to be a serious play-off contender.”

The Hawks have dealt with key early-season injuries to guards Rhys Martin, Kevin Lisch and Tyson Demos and heavy travel schedule.

Facing an important stretch of seven of their next nine games at home, Beveridge said the second-half capitulation in the 91-62 loss to Perth was the final straw.

“We don’t want to offer any excuses whatsoever and that’s why it was important to have an honest evaluation,” he said.

Beveridge admitted the Hawks players are also still seething after letting a last quarter lead slip against the Wildcats at home.

“Absolutely, 100 per cent we blew it,” he said.

“We screwed up, we should be four and three and it has left a bitter taste in our mouths, but they also did an outstanding job against Townsville. I don’t think people appreciate what a good win on the road it was.”

Beveridge said Lisch is only now regaining full fitness, after recovering from a knee injury.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/3469448/hurting-hawks-can-handle-brutal-truth/?cs=302

The NBL have released a statement from the United v Breakers game on the weekend:

"A new rule will be implemented with immediate effect, allowing any decision in the last two minutes of a game to be referred for review by the Instant Replay System at the referees’ discretion.

Further, the two referees who were most closely involved are being stood down for further training and review."

Yesterday was a very good day!

Wildcats-Championship.jpg

Yesterday was a very good day!

Wildcats-Championship.jpg

Yep congrats to Wildcats fans. Far too good in game 3. Dunno whether the Perth-Auck-Perth thing caught up with the breakers or not but they were out played - outhustled, outmuscled - everything.
Thoroughly deserved.

To be the best, you have to beat the best. NZ has set the standard for many years. It sure was nice to finally play them in a Grand Final with a fully fit team though.

Not sure what happened to Cedric Jackson. He seemed more interested in talking than playing. Probably the first time I have ever seen him without his game face on.

Same with Webster. He came back from his NBA trials on fire, but he has completely lost his shot. Good to see Abercrombie back at his best though.

To be the best, you have to beat the best. NZ has set the standard for many years. It sure was nice to finally play them in a Grand Final with a fully fit team though.

Not sure what happened to Cedric Jackson. He seemed more interested in talking than playing. Probably the first time I have ever seen him without his game face on.

Same with Webster. He came back from his NBA trials on fire, but he has completely lost his shot. Good to see Abercrombie back at his best though.
I just think the wildcats packed the paint. There's no point attacking the basket if there's 4 guys waiting for you. Credit to Perth's defence. Martin had a great game....once Ced's shot wasn't dropping he struggled wth the setup.
Webster has fallen off badly. He's young though so he'll learn and be back I hope.

Back
Top Bottom