Baseball Official MLB Discussion Thread

lukesicari

formerly DW8
Real Name
Luke
Any MLB fans on here? Cleveland Indians fan here, who does everyone else go for?

Looking forward to discussing some baseball on here! Some big moves this off-season, especially the Angles buying the best starting line-up in the league!

I love watching baseball, as yet I don't support a team. Still trying to find one that suits me. Bought my first baseball card not so long ago, a Albert Pujols jersey numbered insert.

Prince Fielder would be my fav player.

I love watching baseball, as yet I don't support a team. Still trying to find one that suits me. Bought my first baseball card not so long ago, a Albert Pujols jersey numbered insert.

Prince Fielder would be my fav player.

Fair enough, I only started watching it a couple seasons ago, great sport.

If Fielder is you fav player, why not go for the Tigers? Great team.

Fair enough, I only started watching it a couple seasons ago, great sport.

If Fielder is you fav player, why not go for the Tigers? Great team.

Haha cause I feel like I could never support a team from Detroit. Old school pistons killed that city for me.

There's a few MLB supporters here.

Mat & I support Yankees. Would be good if we could go a bit further this year. Ageing squad is a problem. Need some young blood but we can't trade for it as our contracts a so ridiculous. Glad management is looking to get under the luxury tax.

As Klattsy said, I am a New York Yankees fan.

Jaames tell us a bit about yourself and which teams you follow in other sports (NRL, AFL, NBA, NFL etc.) and we will find a team for you.

If you follow the Knicks and love blue and orange it may be the NY Mets for you.

Let us know!

Certainly did Matt.

Not really a supporter of any particular team, just ones that Aussies are playing for, and any team playing the evil empire (aka the Yankees). Sorry Mat and Mark, but there is just something that I find irritating that they try to buy a championship each year. Not sure how well they will do this year with an ageing lineup. They might end like the Lakers.

G'day guys!

I'm a Dodger fan since 1987 (Officially since 1989, when I first went there) and have been collecting baseball cards ever since. I think this year is the most excited I've felt for my team since 1991! That was the year Darryl Strawberry and Brett Butler came to town.

I can't wait for the 2013 season to start - I'd like to think my team can make it to the World Series, but the defending champs, The Giants, will have something to say about that. Also, I'd keep an eye on Washington. They're the best young team in the MLB, and they have all the parts in place to form a dynasty. Also, the cross-town Angels in the A.L. will be nearly impossible to beat. They've got the best all-round player in MLB (Mike Trout), the best hitter this century (Pujols) and the most dangerous streak hitter in the last 5 years (Hamilton). Their pitching may need some work, but it's still very good, particularly in that League.

If you need any advice about baseball cards, don't hesitate to ask me. I may not know everything about them, but I've got a pretty good stash of over 120,000 cards, and 25 years worth of collecting the little pieces of cardboard.

Can't wait to get this thread cranking during the 2013 season! Let the friendly banter begin!

Nick J

I started supporting the SF Giants midway through last season.....really like Sandoval (who I model my physique on), Posey and their pitching rotation of Cain/Lincecum and the wild man Brian Wilson. Shame he isnt with the team again this year.

The Cubs blew yet another game with silly errors again today. I heard we have the record for the most errors this far into the season. Has easy cost us 4 or 5 wins. :(

on another note, what a great scene watching all the ballparks saying that the second suspect of the boston bombing has been caught. shows that sometimes, no matter how much we may hate other teams, sport can always bring as together!!

im not really into as much as other US sports but i support Philly in the NBA and NHL so im sort of stuck with them in the Baseball but also dont mind the Atlanta Braves ,mayeb i should get into it a bit more

Back
Top Bottom