Official eBay seller shill / call out thread - fake cards, bad titles etc

GarnettFan4Life

Administrator
Real Name
Matt
COMC User
GarnettFan4Life
Come on mannnnnnnn. Card that I want so I'm super annoyed but how do these sellers get away with this forever on ebay, seriously it's a joke

seller
card23hk-1.JPG

5 bids on this item - 4 days to go

3rd highest bidder - not even trying to hide it - 100% of 113 bids in the last month
card23hk-2.JPG

2nd highest bidder - 30% of the 300 bids were for this seller and a retraction
card23hk-3.JPG

current highest bidder - 25% of the 305 bids were for this seller and 2 retractions
card23hk-4.JPG

SICK OF THIS SHIT!!!! STATS DON'T LIE LIKE BALL DON'T LIE!!!!!!!

Winning bidder has 25% trading with the seller but a rating of 1000+!

So one buyer has bought over 250 items from the single seller. Yeah right!

Yep well known and power seller so unlikely eBay will do anything!

It’s unbelievable! So over it man! I know sellers are known to have been doing it for YEARS, just brings it to my attention again when it’s obscure stuff I happen to be one of the few bidders on every time and then minutes after this is listed it’s bidded up over half of what I paid for the jersey numbered one!

Different seller but have seen patterns in other auctions and just refused to bid. Decided to bid on a Porzingis RC Auto and had the highest and over the last few hours, saw a bidder with 2 feedback and 22% bids with the seller pushing my price up. He had also pushed it from $20 to $40 earlier.

I emailed the Seller with about 40 minutes to go and said I hoped the bids were coming from a real seller. He replied and said it was a new Bayer from Poland and he hoped they were real also, and I ended up winning the auction. So I got a Zinga RC Limited Auto for $63 aud, possibly because I stopped him bidding.

Risk is he now burns me in spite and doesn't send the card.

Different seller but have seen patterns in other auctions and just refused to bid. Decided to bid on a Porzingis RC Auto and had the highest and over the last few hours, saw a bidder with 2 feedback and 22% bids with the seller pushing my price up. He had also pushed it from $20 to $40 earlier.

I emailed the Seller with about 40 minutes to go and said I hoped the bids were coming from a real seller. He replied and said it was a new Bayer from Poland and he hoped they were real also, and I ended up winning the auction. So I got a Zinga RC Limited Auto for $63 aud, possibly because I stopped him bidding.

Risk is he now burns me in spite and doesn't send the card.

Nice, hope you get it!

I just bid my limit on this card with the above seller (ended 430am) and was outbid so whatever, can’t win em all.

Precisely why I snipe. If i get outbid or shilled with 3 seconds to go so be it.
I learnt getting emotionally into bidding is madness. If I didn't win I don't really care. Same reason I rarely accept second chance bids.
But to each their own. This sucks though mate mainly as ebay do fk all about it. It's like it's their trade off "Look sellers, if a buyer files with paypal...you lose, so we will allow you to shill"

Precisely why I snipe. If i get outbid or shilled with 3 seconds to go so be it.
I learnt getting emotionally into bidding is madness. If I didn't win I don't really care. Same reason I rarely accept second chance bids.
But to each their own. This sucks though mate mainly as ebay do fk all about it. It's like it's their trade off "Look sellers, if a buyer files with paypal...you lose, so we will allow you to shill"

Snipe programs were out of action for a while weren’t they, are they allowed again and which do you use? One for the 4am end times are handy lol

Found another guy (ice_blast in China) who had one bidder with 200+ bids in the month and 92% with that seller, not even trying to disguise it!!

I believe they're a card shop/consignment seller so it's easy for corruption to happen.

I once won a card from them for my max bid. I checked out the bidding history, and a member with 100% activity had bid all the way up to my max, so one more bid would win, but they didn't bid again? I refused to pay, saying it was clear shilling, and I got blocked by them.

Kazuworld from China. I won a Curry Auto that ended overnight, I put a price I was happy to pay in case it got shilled up and it did. Bidder has Private for feedback numbers and 100% bid activity with the seller. A Curry Auto I didn't have for under $200 AUD so happy with that, but does take the gloss off paying $50 more than the market determined.

Been away for awhile !

Observations coming back for a brief stint nothing has changed it actually has gotten worse to be honest in the hobby.

More flippers ,more investors ,more scammers ,more BS artists,more wannabes,more blatant tactics to rip people off,more hype threads,more so called analysts pumping their cards, more shilling and most of all LESS brains.

And the IQ's on BO cards has dropped further which i thought was hard considering how low it was already lol.

This hobby looks like having a bright future......

Now to Slip back away into the night.........

Come on mannnnnnnn. Card that I want so I'm super annoyed but how do these sellers get away with this forever on ebay, seriously it's a joke

seller
card23hk-1.JPG

5 bids on this item - 4 days to go

3rd highest bidder - not even trying to hide it - 100% of 113 bids in the last month
card23hk-2.JPG

2nd highest bidder - 30% of the 300 bids were for this seller and a retraction
card23hk-3.JPG

current highest bidder - 25% of the 305 bids were for this seller and 2 retractions
card23hk-4.JPG

SICK OF THIS s***!!!! STATS DON'T LIE LIKE BALL DON'T LIE!!!!!!!

Wow, card23hk & me have had multiple transactions, I never remember overpaying on my Wigs or if they were BINs. I'm gone read the rest of this thread then go check the items I bought from him & then reply at end of thread. Wow, cant believe he'd be doing that & that's absolute guilty as charged. Me & him or rep have had some good convos. Besides collectors, is there anyone far as the big sellers who aren't so greedy to be scum just a few extra bucks or your word, your rep?

Found another guy (ice_blast in China) who had one bidder with 200+ bids in the month and 92% with that seller, not even trying to disguise it!!

I suspected this with ice_blast for awhile now. I keep sales data on all relevant Wigs cards on eBay & while he has amazing cards of his, you see the same bidders over & over jacking the pricr up & his cards are always outta my range while if in another seller's hands I'd got the $80 buck winning bid card for $20 bucks

These are all on item from the same seller who is a member here.

Shilling with multiple accounts or a buyer taking advantage of bidding on multiple listings with that seller?

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

Back
Top Bottom