Official Draft Thread

I disagree.

You already have Matt Caroll, Gerald Wallace + Adam Morrison.

Why bring a player like Jason Richardson who is firstly injury plagued, secondly not a true leader (he couldn't win till Baron Davis came) and thirdly a similar style player to Morrison/Wallace.

Sean May is not ready to produce for 82 games straight in a winning team and Brandon Wright was going to give them shot-blocking, rebounding, inside athleticism and size (7'0), something they have been lacking apart from Okafor.

Stupid, stupid move.

Well it hasnt been made official yet, so lets wait till then to pass judgement!

I disagree.

You already have Matt Caroll, Gerald Wallace + Adam Morrison.

Why bring a player like Jason Richardson who is firstly injury plagued, secondly not a true leader (he couldn't win till Baron Davis came) and thirdly a similar style player to Morrison/Wallace.

Sean May is not ready to produce for 82 games straight in a winning team and Brandon Wright was going to give them shot-blocking, rebounding, inside athleticism and size (7'0), something they have been lacking apart from Okafor.

Stupid, stupid move.

agree there jimbo.............i hope it doesn't happen

j-rich is not a draw card anyway, and he has been injury proned for a few season's now

i agree with Jim....doesnt happen often but i do on this one :) Cats Keep B WRight!!!

It's not only a matter of the positions etc.

It's the fact that Wright is the real deal, anyone who's watched him must have seen a little bit of Kevin Garnett in him.

He's easily at top top 5% in the draft in terms of size, length, athleticism and speed and he's just a crazy athlete.

He could be one of the elite players in the NBA in years to come and he's young just like Greg Oden.

It's just stupid when you see that he has the ability to surpass Jason Richardson, this will be a trade (if it happens) which will be a blemish on Michael Jordan in the next 5 seasons.

Well Morrison hasnt prooved anything yet and i dont see him getting any better anytime soon.
Emeka doesnt need another bigman, he gets you 6-10 blocks some nights to go with his 20-10 numbers.
For a business point of view it is a good move. Remember Charlotte were an expansion team and since their exsistance they have been drafting young talent i think its about time they add some experience and a genuine star in the mix.

Nick Fazeskas picked now at #34, this is a solid pick. He has inside and outside game, he's a 7-footer who can shoot the 3 ball and he can play inside, he has great hands.

Steve Novak comparison here by the ESPN crew.

Jim, what else can you give me on this dude...

6-11 PF. Strange that they picked him I thought they would have gone for a Guard (Point).

They now have Dirk, Croshere, Mbenga, Dampier, Diop, Willis (if he sticks around), and also still have Van Horn on the books...

How many big men do they need?

What's he like on the blocks?, can he rebound?, is he strong? Can he defend?

Just wondering if it's likely they'll keep him???

remember last year guys like Mike Gansey, Kevin Pittsnogle etc who were meant to go in the 20s went undrafted

if Byars doesnt get drafted im sure he ends up in the league via the summer league

Scott: hes a similar player to Dirk...can hit the outside shot and is a pretty good rebounder i wanted him for Detroit with #27

remember last year guys like Mike Gansey, Kevin Pittsnogle etc who were meant to go in the 20s went undrafted

and they turned out to be superstars lol
Byars may be not as good as his projection suggests.

Im happy we got Glen Davis and Ray Allen :D

#42 Blazers (for 76ers via Kopenen trade) DERRICK BYARS

Richardson trade is OFFICIAL!!! (Richardson+Jamero Davidson for B wright)

It's official now, #36 Jamareo Davidson + Jason Richardson traded for Brandon Wright.

Plain stupid, I don't think I can sum up how stupid this is. It might be good for the short-term because Richardson will provide good things for the market etc but it's plain stupid because Brandon Wright is the next CB4.

Back
Top Bottom