Official Cricket Card Albums

boomboom-84

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Grant
Hey all,

I've noticed a bit of chat about this lately, and it got me wondering... Can anyone please help me out and let me know which of the following cricket card releases came with an accompanying folder / binder / album (or whatever else you want to call it :p )

The list below was compiled with the help of this thread and is pretty close to a complete list for those others out there who are wondering...

1993/94 Futera - Generic Futera sports card album released

1994/95 Futera - Official cricket album released

1994/95 Futera Elite (boxed set) - No album released

1995 Futera Heritage Collection - Cards came in an official album

1995/96 Futera - Pretty sure no album released

1996 Futera Elite - Pretty sure no album released

1996 Futera "World Cup" - Official cricket album released

1996 Futera "The Decider" - Official cricket album released

1996 Futera Bradman Heritage Album - Cards came in an official album

1997/98 Select - Official cricket album released

1998/99 Select Retail and Hobby - Single official cricket album released for both sets

2000 Topps - No album released

2002 Topps - No album released

2003 ACB Platinum (boxed set) - No album released

2003/04 ESP Ikon - Official album released

2004/05 ESP Ikon - Cards came in an official album

2007/08 Select - Official album released

2008/09 Select - Official album released

2009/10 Select - Official album released

I am also keen to know if there is anywhere these albums (not released with the cards as a complete set) are for sale. I've been looking on ebay, and the three most recent albums seem to be the only ones readily available.

Cheers :thumbsup:

no album for the topps 2000 and 2002, i actually wrote to the company and asked that question and was told there was not.

---------- Post added 11-01-2010 at 07:17 PM ----------

i recently for a 2003/04 album from cardmania.com.au

hi
there was an official album released with the futera world cup 96, the futera decider series and also one for the futera 1994-95.
there was an album for the futera 1993 series, but this was a generic sports cards album aimed at other sports as well as the cricket
in 1997-98 select also released an album
i think that the 1998-99 release by select was an album aimed at the gold, hobby and retial sets as it is a large album that fits the sets comfortably

as far as i know there were no other albums for any other sets.
as for places to find them, ebay is where i have picked mine up from over the years

2 other sets that came with an album were the 100 years for Victoria Cricket Association from futera, released in 1996 and the 50 years of Western Australia cricket. both were 60 card sets released with albums and certificates

I've never seen a 96 Elite folder either. 99.99% sure that it doesn't exist.

guess we should also say that the futera decider album came complete with a Ricky Ponting binder card, that was only available with the album
and also ikon released the matthew hayden 380 runs binder card with their album

I have dragged this thread up in the hope that someone has a pic of the 1996 Futera World Cup folder for me?

I saw a while ago "redkempy" on eBay UK had one but I question the authenticity of his folders - i bought a 1994/95 Futera one from him about a year ago and it is obviously a home-scanned job. I know because I have the original 94/95 folder and the original has the Futera watermark all over it, and the redkempy version is about a quarter of the thickness.

Grant: in your summarized first thread you say there is a 1995/96 Futera folder.....I never remember seeing one of these and question if they were ever made. If someone can prove me wrong with a pic of that one I would be happy to see it.

Yeah not sure where that one came from mate :-k

I certainly have never seen one. I thought someone said that there was one available, but now that I read through the thread...

Sorry, my bad..

hi darren just sent you a ebay message regarding the above i have a couple albums of these not sure why bought the album if you think it's a fake i have bought a number of these albums lately some on ebay & elsewhere in melbourne rare but not that rare regards andrew

still cant confirm if these are the real deal or not so im going to buy this one and just see when it gets here. have spoken to timmy and im not too sure if he even knows for sure if there are actually the real thing or not. im guessing not but we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom