Official 2017/18 Tap 'n' Play BBL Trading Cards Thread

Keatoboy

Travis Head #34
Real Name
Keaton
eBay User
keatoboy
Hi all,

Yes this may be very premature but I do have some detail in regards to next season's cards. Here are the early details:

"The 2017/18 Trading Card Series will be very special with the release of two
trading card sets being:
1. Australia's (five Test) Ashes campaign.
2. The fabulous and extended BBL tournament.

Making next season the biggest year of Australian Cricket ever seen.
Tap'N'Play have also signed a deal with English Cricket to include their
players in the Ashes Card series so we are looking forward to the
opportunities that brings to the table."

A set involving 2 different international teams will be interesting, and paired with @nazimcricket producing an Ashes cow corner set, there could be some really nice new cards to get signed throughout the Ashes! :)

Last edited:
With the announcement of the Southern stars ashes fixtures today, Tap 'N' Play have confirmed that their special Ashes release next season will not only have the Australian and English Men's teams, but the women's too. Considering the women's ashes are only being held in the eastern states (typical CA!) it will be very tough for some of us to get the English women's cards signed.

From TNP FB:

The countdown for the Ashes is on.
We can announce that Tap'N'Play will have both a Big Bash LeagueSeries featuring 160 card base set plus great specials - PLUS a separate 100 base card ASHES series featuring (men & women) players from Australia and England with some very special inserts to be announced.
In order to bring this special set to you achieve we spent months negotiating licenses with the ECB, MCC and Cricket Australia. I can guarantee it will be a stunning series.
BRING THE ASHES ON!! (and the URN back home…)

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 6.44.07 pm.png

Wow, $5 a pack and sigs 1 in 5 boxes. And nothing listed harder to get than that, no nice case hits. Cricket cards really aren’t doing it for me lately.

I don’t know why you are so obsessed with the signature cards being 1 per box.

If they were I don’t think they would hold much value at all.

Everyone seems to say the Futera cricket releases were the best and their signatures were nowhere near 1 per box.

I do agree a case hit would be nice though

I had seen initial drafts of this set and there was supposed to be BBL and WBBL Championship Predictors.....not sure why they weren't included in the set?

I've had many discussions with Neil at Tap N Play about the cost of packs and this release should me $3.50 - $3.99 MAX per pack. (Ashes should be $4.99 Max).

My understanding is that out of the 8 signature cards, 2 of them will be WBBL players.

Cheers
Matt

I don’t know why you are so obsessed with the signature cards being 1 per box.

If they were I don’t think they would hold much value at all.

Everyone seems to say the Futera cricket releases were the best and their signatures were nowhere near 1 per box.

I do agree a case hit would be nice though

Because I like a little value for money when buying boxes with a chance of hitting something nice. And sadly the prices of these Cricket releases are too high in my opinion.

I had seen initial drafts of this set and there was supposed to be BBL and WBBL Championship Predictors.....not sure why they weren't included in the set?

I've had many discussions with Neil at Tap N Play about the cost of packs and this release should me $3.50 - $3.99 MAX per pack. (Ashes should be $4.99 Max).

My understanding is that out of the 8 signature cards, 2 of them will be WBBL players.

Cheers
Matt

Did they ever release the WBBL binder card last year? That's another one that went through to the keeper.

Back
Top Bottom