Official 2013-14 Playoffs Thread - SPOILERS!

I just finished watching the first 4 games...finally had a weekend off, and a lot of what has been said about Miami's lack of heart in this thread i agree with. I don't know if it's just me but Wade looked like he had given up very early in this series. I feel sorry for Lebron actually (except for his lack of preparation for game 1), he can't win it by himself. But how much heart can you expect from a team that gets booed by their own fans during the finals ffs. Do you reckon spurs fans would do that?

Also as someone who doesn't regularly keep up with the NBA, i am glad to see Patty Mills doing so well. He is playing top tier ball in the NBA finals, the biggest stage, and he is holding his own, making valuable contributions. Good on him.

But how much heart can you expect from a team that gets booed by their own fans during the finals ffs. Do you reckon spurs fans would do that?

Also as someone who doesn't regularly keep up with the NBA, i am glad to see Patty Mills doing so well. He is playing top tier ball in the NBA finals, the biggest stage, and he is holding his own, making valuable contributions. Good on him.

I couldn't agree more about the Heat "fans". I don't care how much my team (whether that be Perth Wildcats or West Coast Eagles) are being beaten by, I have NEVER booed my team or left a game early. The streams of bandwagon jumpers leaving early in both Game 3 and 4 was an absolute disgrace, especially considering that Game 4 may have been the last home game for Miami this season, so at least stay until the end and let your team know how much they are loved, regardless of the result, but this may be one of the major differences between Miami's fans and fans of pretty much every other team in the league.

And I too have been loving the play of Patty Mills. Can't wait to see if he can translate his really solid play into a fantastic World Champs. The way he has been playing, he will get serious interest/love/money from many teams in the NBA, looking for a PG, and given his Free Agent status, it could result in a serious payday for him, which he thoroughly deserves given the work that he put in over the previous off-season. He has gone from best cheersquad member to quality back up PG this year, hopefully he stays with Spurs long-term, eventually taking over from Tony Parker in a few years.

Tomorrow (I hope) is going to be a great day.

I'm expecting a vintage Tim Duncan performance and him getting the MVP:)

Then I'm looking forward to the fallout of the Miami Heat, even though I think they stay together.

Come on the Spurs!!!!!!

Come on Tony for MVP! Got some money riding on him for a healthy payday if he wins. It's a toss between him, Kawhi and Duncan at the moment and a big game from any of them will win them the MVP..

Come on Tony for MVP! Got some money riding on him for a healthy payday if he wins. It's a toss between him, Kawhi and Duncan at the moment and a big game from any of them will win them the MVP..
Kawhi just ahead at the moment imo but agreed best afield in a Spurs win takes the cake!
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think Boris is also ahead of Tony.

Looks like we'll all have to agree to disagree with each other:)

I think it's Tim Duncans at the moment by a fraction. Then Kawhi, then Parker.

Diaw has been great but I doubt he can win it.

But I do think any of those first 3 can win it depending on the game tomorrow.

Gosh I hope the Spurs just close it and then I don't really care who gets MVP.

They need to get Miami dropping their heads.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think Boris is also ahead of Tony.
I'll take that bet any day Darth. If Diaw wins the MVP, I'll give you $100 and if he loses you owe me $100. He's played well as a role player, but there is no way someone averaging 6.5 points is going to win MVP.

By the way, Diaw will need to score 66 points in Game 5 to equal Tony's team leading 18.5ppg in the Finals.

I'm not betting he is going to win it, but I think
I'll take that bet any day Darth. If Diaw wins the MVP, I'll give you $100 and if he loses you owe me $100. He's played well as a role player, but there is no way someone averaging 6.5 points is going to win MVP.

I'm not saying he is going to win it, so that bet makes no sense, I just have him ahead of Parker.

I have it Duncan, Leonard, Boris then Parker at the moment. Boris has been more important than just his 6.5 points, such as his passing and defence. It's no coincidence that when he started is when the Spurs turned the series on its head. He is +60 for the 4 games so far... +60, when he is not on the court, the Spurs are -6...he is obviously pretty important.

No doubt, Doris has been great. He creates a lot off the dribble and is knocking down shots and rebounding as well. I was talking about Parker winning MVP, to which you replied that Diaw is ahead of him. They are all important pieces, the fact that 3 players have an equal chance of winning MVP shows how team orientated and balanced the Spurs are. But simply, from MVP point of view, Diaw has no chance of winning it but yes, I agree he is important.

No doubt, Doris has been great. He creates a lot off the dribble and is knocking down shots and rebounding as well. I was talking about Parker winning MVP, to which you replied that Diaw is ahead of him. They are all important pieces, the fact that 3 players have an equal chance of winning MVP shows how team orientated and balanced the Spurs are. But simply, from MVP point of view, Diaw has no chance of winning it but yes, I agree he is important.

With the way the voting works, he probably doesn't, but I think he has been more important in the series than Tony has. Boris even got selected here --> http://nba.si.com/2014/06/14/nba-finals-mvp-kawhi-leonard-tim-duncan-spurs-heat/

That being said, I don't think either of them will win it. I think Timmy will win it, I hope Timmy wins it, and then I hope he doesn't retire as I am heading over to watch some games next season as I really want to see him play (and Manu, but I'm pretty confident he won't retire)!

Bring on game 5!!

Whilst on Finals MVP, is the voting released afterwards? Will be interesting to see the voting if the Spurs win tomorrow.

Also, I know it's never happened, can they have dual Finals MVPs of does it go to a count back.

IF Spurs win it G5.. Tim Duncan will take the MVP with a solid double double.. something like 15 and 15 will be enough to clinch it.

I don't think Tony has done enough on the defensive side of the game to elevate him above Duncan.

And Kawhi didnt do enough in games 1 & 2 to get a look in IMO. though his G3 & 4 offense has been spectacular and defense has been good.. though he was guarding Bron who hasn't struggled to put the points on, which goes against him.

If Spurs win tomorrow and either Kawhi or TP have the bigger game, they will get MVP. If not, Duncan gets it for consistency. He has had a double double each game I think.

I also put Diaw above Parker so far. His +/- is undeniable in the series and almost a triple double in game 4. He has been HUGE for the Spurs, I think without him we wouldn't be in this position, but without Parker we would possibly still be there by using Joseph and Mills!

Back
Top Bottom