Official 2013-14 Playoffs Thread - SPOILERS!

His team mates need to get him back into the game? The guy earns $14M a year and runs around without putting any effort in at all, in the playoffs. Bench him for someone who actually wants to be out there. No excuses. He's not a rookie.

I have watched EVERY single Pacer game this season, more often then not multiple times PER game, so there's things you notice more than the average person that might only see Hibbert playing at his worst...
He is putting in the effort and falling flat on is face doing it, he was NEVER great or even that good offensively to begin with and now he's paying the price, because he just can't move around the court remotely quick enough it makes him look like he's not putting in the effort when he is...

Paul George Started the season averaging 26 points a game on shooting WAY too many jump shots and look what happened too him!

As soon as he started to miss the questionable shots he was taking he hit a brick wall and started coming up with games where he was 3-20 from field and scoring 8 points in games he should be getting 20!

I could see early on he was shooting too much and he paid the price later in the season and his average dropped to 20 points along with every ones faith in him...

This is not any different to Hibbert, he was scoring more then he should off bad shots with lucky rolls and now he can't hit anything!

The ENTIRE Pacer team has out played themselves and now things have gone bad the hate for them is far more than it should be...

Yet they still managed to get the 1 seed they still managed to get passed the first round and they will still beat the Wizards...

If they play Miami in the ECF, you will see Hibbert become relevant again and he just might surprise people and become the difference!

His team MUST help him get back into a position to contribute, just like they did with PG and just about everyone else on the team that has fallen from grace this season...

Also the way Vogel has used him over past few months really shows how single minded he is...

That's my opinion anyway...

It may or may not be the coach or team mates fault for him not getting involved in the offensive sets. How the hell do you justify not grabbing any rebounds though? That's all about desire and if you want it more than the other person. Rodman used to box two people out to grab rebounds if he had to.

Hibbert's stats these playoffs:
3.3 Reb
0.5 ast
0 stl
1.5 T/O
4.6 pts
1.4blk
3.4 fouls
35% FG.

He has a job to do and he isn't doing it, simple as that. And as a result, Pacers are on the ropes yet again.

Seriously... I know the guy has a lot of potential and if he decides to show up he can make a huge difference, but those are about the worst stats a 7"2 guy is capable of. And he's the highest paid player on their roster. It's just not a good look.

Hibbert's stats these playoffs:
3.3 Reb
0.5 ast
0 stl
1.5 T/O
4.6 pts
1.4blk
3.4 fouls
35% FG.

He has a job to do and he isn't doing it, simple as that. And as a result, Pacers are on the ropes yet again.

Seriously... I know the guy has a lot of potential and if he decides to show up he can make a huge difference, but those are about the worst stats a 7"2 guy is capable of. And he's the highest paid player on their roster. It's just not a good look.

Basketball Forever.
55 minutes ago · Edited
It has now been reported that Roy Hibbert's performance decline has occurred ever since he discovered that Paul George had been sleeping with his wife.

Damn...no more Hibbert shots. That's rough — with Filipe Pinto.

well that sucks.... and it explains a lot because he really looks like he doesn't want to be out there at all.

But it may just be a rumour:
"The report indicated that the woman involved was not really Hibbert's wife or fiancée, but was merely a jump off of the NBA star. However, the Pacers center was reportedly not happy with George's actions, which might have probably caused the team's collapse as of late."

Strong showing by Lebron. Ray too. Totally dominated the paint finishing way more tough lay ups than Nets.
Thought Kidd waived the flag way too early, down 13 should've given starters chance to shoot them in or out of game.

The Heat looked like they were in 3rd gear the whole game, just casually picking apart the defense...didn't even look like they needed to push it to another notch to blow out Brooklyn...

The Heat looked like they were in 3rd gear the whole game, just casually picking apart the defense...didn't even look like they needed to push it to another notch to blow out Brooklyn...
The difference between a team (that's the important word here...team) that has playoff experience and one that does not.

Miami sure did look good today, looks like its the same team that's been showing up in the Finals past 2 years...(solid team but can be beat)

Every other team this season has changed from good to bad or bad to good but none have been consistent (except Spurs) Miami has been solid when their healthy the entire season...

Hope Brooklyn can get game 2 to make it interesting....

Really thought Brooklyn would be the answer, I never give Miami enough credit...(because LeBron's a clown)

Miami sure did look good today, looks like its the same team that's been showing up in the Finals past 2 years...(solid team but can be beat)

Every other team this season has changed from good to bad or bad to good but none have been consistent (except Spurs) Miami has been solid when their healthy the entire season...

Hope Brooklyn can get game 2 to make it interesting....

Really thought Brooklyn would be the answer, I never give Miami enough credit...(because LeBron's a clown)

I think you must just be thinking about the East here. Because the West teams have been pretty consistent all year.

Yeah Brooklyn are not the answer, like I've said all along, get the brooms out now. I think the Nets will be very lucky to get 1.

Hah, Russ with the pseudo triple double on that last assist... :p crazy play just flying all over the court lol...

That last assist was a disgrace. Shame on the scorebench.

Still, incredible games from Russ and KD.

It's incredible how much the refs can change. Once a team gets momentum they really give that team the calls.

Okc were everywhere and knocked down their shots.

Can't wait for game 3.

Still some incredibly rubbish shot taking and forcing the offense...a typical example is, Russ flies in for an offensive rebound, takes one bounce, steps back and shoots a three pointer? Yes he made the shot but geez...you're in the lead, you going to jack up a step back three with 23 seconds left on the clock? If someone would ever coach those guys into taking the high percentage shot, this OKC team would be special. As good a player as KD is, he's got a long way in recognising how to be an EFFICIENT player and that's scary considering he's shooting 50% from the field. That's what Lebron has learnt to be. He knows that 3 pointer is there whenever he wants, he knows that pull up jumper off the dribble is there the whole game if he wants, he knows the fadeaway 20 foot jumper is there whenever he wants and he can make all of those shots. He just chooses to take the better option as he sees fit. That's why OKC will shoot themselves out of games as much as they shoot themselves into games.

Good to see contributions from some of the 'other' players... ;)

DSCF6183.jpg

Back
Top Bottom