Official 2011 All-Star Weekend Thread *Spoilers*

blake wouldve won with pretty much anything he did. as long as he made the final...its just a popularity contest. thats why you can start voting before theyve taken their first dunk. still some wicked moves tho.
3point shoot-out was a bust. usually my fave event...
and did anyone else notice when CP3 did his run in the skills challenge he travelled pretty bad on both lay-ups...

Serge did get robbed ... Jumpin from the free throw line was nice. Should of been Griffin vs Ibaka. But what more could Ibaka do ? We all knew Griffin was going to win. He earned It. The 360 was Insane, The Vince Carted dunk, And jumping the car. It was a very entertaining dunk contest. 3pt shoot out was sad that Ray didnt win It. And still shakin my head that Nash wasnt In the skills contest ! .. All star game tonight should be pretty fun to watch

that was one of the best in recent years but it was so ridiculous blake even made the finals... let alone won... it was so fixed. first off his first dunk would have been amazing if he actually did what he was trying to do... the first attempt and the completed dunk were no where near the same... and the car one was stupid. I would say a lot of nba players could jump of the hood of a car and dunk it... he jumped from the dashed line while serge jumped from behind the foul line... really blake was better? nope.
but overall it was a good dunk contest with everybody doing pretty nice dunks but blake was just given that win and it was a little ridiculous.

first off his first dunk would have been amazing if he actually did what he was trying to do... the first attempt and the completed dunk were no where near the same...

I think you mean his 2nd dunk...... his first dunk was nuts too & he did complete what he was wanting to do.

i remember when nate jumped over dwight a couple of years back...surely he can peek over the hood of a car. it was a dodgy jam, and disappointing because his dunks were unreal without props.

DeRozans 2nd was the pick for me. One handed catch and brought it around for the dunk, and he cought a ball from the side of the back board and dunked through his legs. Blake just caught the ball from the side of the backboard, the scores 44 and 49!! WHAT!!! DeRozan for me was the most exciting participant.

I think you mean his 2nd dunk...... his first dunk was nuts too & he did complete what he was wanting to do.

i mean the one where he did the 360 reverse thing... i mean his first attempt he did like a 360 reverse windmill around the head and missed it... then a couple tries later he succeeded on a still nice dunk but it was def. nothing like the first one he tried.

edit:
dunk attempt at 30 seconds and second attempt is very different then the one he actually makes at 1:05. See thats why he got such a high score because it tricked people into thinking he actually did the first one which would have been insane...

---------- Post added 21-02-2011 at 01:41 PM ----------

its good to see the celtics group single handily blowing any chance at a close all start game haha

is jordan the only other to have gotten a triple double in an all star game?

Yes MJ is the only other. Another rigged event, Kobe would have got MVP with 20-25 points. I am a Lebron hater but he was MVP today, period. Such a unique feat in an all-star game and really took over in the last quarter.

I watched the entire weekend minus the rookie-sophomore game (although the highlights were insane).

Personally my favourite moment/moments were #1 when James Jones won the 3 point contest. As a Heat fan that was awesome and it's always good to see unheralded guys who aren't superstars taking home some hardware (ie Jason Kapono won it two years in a row a few years back and Daequan Cook too).

From the ASG my favourite was when LeBron pumped the Eastern team up. If you watched the game you would've seen when LeBron went to the free throw line with about 2 minutes left, the entire East bench jumped up in excitement and intensity. D-Wade, Horford, KG and Ray Ray!

For that one moment it was good to see KG as a competitor again, instead of just a Boston Celtic guy who everyone loves to hate (unless your a Celtics fan). A very strong contrast to the first half of the game when the Celtics didn't really engage with the other members of the team. Good to see competitiveness take over towards the end again and the East band together despite the fact that the Heat and Celtics players probably dislike each other a fair degree.

The only Celtic who didn't get into it at the end was Paul Pierce, but that's cause he's a shmuck.

I watched the entire weekend minus the rookie-sophomore game (although the highlights were insane).

Personally my favourite moment/moments were #1 when James Jones won the 3 point contest. As a Heat fan that was awesome and it's always good to see unheralded guys who aren't superstars taking home some hardware (ie Jason Kapono won it two years in a row a few years back and Daequan Cook too).

From the ASG my favourite was when LeBron pumped the Eastern team up. If you watched the game you would've seen when LeBron went to the free throw line with about 2 minutes left, the entire East bench jumped up in excitement and intensity. D-Wade, Horford, KG and Ray Ray!

For that one moment it was good to see KG as a competitor again, instead of just a Boston Celtic guy who everyone loves to hate (unless your a Celtics fan). A very strong contrast to the first half of the game when the Celtics didn't really engage with the other members of the team. Good to see competitiveness take over towards the end again and the East band together despite the fact that the Heat and Celtics players probably dislike each other a fair degree.

The only Celtic who didn't get into it at the end was Paul Pierce, but that's cause he's a shmuck.

the truth? a schmuck? big call...

It is pretty hard to see but Blake's successful 3rd dunk was different from the first. The 3rd dunk was take off one foot with the ball in one hand, then two-handed 360 dunk bringing the ball to his shoulder level. The first attempt was take off one foot with the ball in one hand, then two-handed 360 windmill dunk bringing the ball to his WAIST. It was a sick attempt and had the crowd buzzing.

This was Griffin's BEST dunk of the weekend though:

And Mcgee? Damn his final dunk was so weak. But the lead up to it, the double dunk off 12 feet backboard alley oop, and the triple dunk? Damnnnnnn....too bad he tried so many times to make it work. Just took the "ooooh" out of it.

Awesome all star game! Lebron should have won the mvp imo... I mean come on 2nd only to Michael Jordan to ever get a triple-double in a ASG! He was amazing in the 4th!! The whole game was amazing I was hoping for the East to snatch it up at the end.. Dunk comp wasn't that good again... Whats with all the props these days.. what happened to the old days where you stood in awe thinking that no one could ever top that dunk contest.. well to answer my own question the year 2000! Nobody has topped Carter since... Some of the props are bloody pathetic lol... Rookie game was good aswell and Pip should have won the Celebrity MVP.. absolute joke.. shouldn't let 12 year old girls vote lol!

i mean the one where he did the 360 reverse thing... i mean his first attempt he did like a 360 reverse windmill around the head and missed it... then a couple tries later he succeeded on a still nice dunk but it was def. nothing like the first one he tried.

edit:
dunk attempt at 30 seconds and second attempt is very different then the one he actually makes at 1:05. See thats why he got such a high score because it tricked people into thinking he actually did the first one which would have been insane...

---------- Post added 21-02-2011 at 01:41 PM ----------

its good to see the celtics group single handily blowing any chance at a close all start game haha

Ok, after reading Exhibit's explanation & watching it again I can see the difference. But still IMO a very very nice dunk.

are you serious?? your boy Lebron would of got it IF the East won

+ Lebron got posterized trying to block kobes runaway dunk

LMAO..... typical Laker fan thinking Lebron got posterized...

LeBron was more BEHIND him, than in front..... he simply missed the block, nothing more, nothing less.

As for the MVP..... I don't really agree with giving the MVP to the losing team, so NUMBERS wise Kobe should of got it, HOWEVER...... that doesn't change the fact Kobe majorly hogged the ball that game... once where he basically stole the rebound from Durant so he could run up the floor with it, another time where he SHOULD have passed it to Durant on the break, but chose to instead hog it to himself.... then another interesting play was when he was on the break & he shoulda passed it way way earlier to durant, but u could see HE wanted it..... but he only passed it last second when he was practically on top of another defender meaning he couldn't really get the shot.

Typical Kobe Bryant really.......

Back
Top Bottom