Official 2011 All-Star Weekend Thread *Spoilers*

A_Iverson_I

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Brett
eBay User
theanswer333
Ok.... other thread is more about the celeb game itself so thought I'd start a thread to cover everything. :D

Rookie game was pretty sweet... had some sick dunks in it like the bounce pass alley to Blake :thumbsup: & that sick Cousins to Wall dunk at the end... other nominees would be Blair's backboard pass to himself for the dunk & Hardens two!! :D

Might check out the celeb game if I get bored.

---------- Post added 20-02-2011 at 06:43 AM ----------

LMAO @ Dwights "zing" on Duncan.... :lol: and :lol: @ Mutumbo too haha

Tough field this year but yeah, only year ever you can jump from behind the FT line and be eliminated!!!

And McGee 3 balls was sick but last dunk terrible, used all his tricks to get to the finals

---------- Post added 20-02-2011 at 03:23 PM ----------

You mean jumped over the hood of a car lol...not impressed...he was doing better without the props

come on now Barkley.............

Tough field this year but yeah, only year ever you can jump from behind the FT line and be eliminated!!!

And McGee 3 balls was sick but last dunk terrible, used all his tricks to get to the finals

---------- Post added 20-02-2011 at 03:23 PM ----------

come on now Barkley.............

Pippen in 1990 got eliminated with his foul line dunk in the first round. Interesting to see Ibaka's reach up to adjust the stuff toy prop, and his is only another 2 inches from the rim, at 6-11 and over 7 feet wing span it wasn't more impressive than say brent barry dunking from the foul line in '97?

---------- Post added 20-02-2011 at 03:38 PM ----------

You mean jumped over the hood of a car lol...not impressed...he was doing better without the props

the second dunk 360 of the side of the backboard would have been epic! only problem was having barron davis throwing the pass! :)

Pippen in 1990 got eliminated with his foul line dunk in the first round. Interesting to see Ibaka's reach up to adjust the stuff toy prop, and his is only another 2 inches from the rim, at 6-11 and over 7 feet wing span it wasn't more impressive than say brent barry dunking from the foul line in '97?

---------- Post added 20-02-2011 at 03:38 PM ----------

the second dunk 360 of the side of the backboard would have been epic! only problem was having barron davis throwing the pass! :)

Pippen was OVER the line though, Ibaka was behind

pippenFT.jpg

I don't think any of the above factors came into the judges minds.

Wilkins, Dr J etc need to be booted off the panel - grumpy old dudes now - don't score good at all for anything

And to open the fan voting before the final dunk is ridiculous - what if McGee dunked from the 3 point line and Blake didnt complete? Ridiculous. Why are there even judges then if fan voting decides?

---------- Post added 20-02-2011 at 04:12 PM ----------

best thing during the whole day was barkleys commentary lol had me laughing how he was comparing everything to "a good lady" haha

his one liners was all good until the last one about that Griffin dunk not bein that impressive...........

In my honest opinion blake didn't deserve to win today. I think all of the others showed more originality and more class in their dunks. I thought the car dunk was weak i mean over the bonnet of a car? I think the fact that theres a car there makes it look more impressive than it is. is it any harder to dunk over that than over a guy sitting in a chair (see vid below) i think not.

I think the NBA needed Blake to win though since he is now the face of basketballs marketing future.

@ the jordan dunk video wow how much gold chains did mj have on doing his sig dunk:lol: awesome love the confidence classic.

---------- Post added 20-02-2011 at 06:13 PM ----------

yea i was actually hoping they had the car the other way with the bonnet towards the judges and griffin just jumping on the car run up and smash from the top and dunk that woud have been sweet but eh still ok.

Derozan didn't do enough to win
McGee had 400 tries and even replaced a dunk when technically he made it already
Serge was robbed so yeah a legit Serge v Blake final would have made it interesting but still - think about a franchise player, coming back from a season out injured, psyching himself to jump over the front of a car! That could have been catastrophic for the Clippers :lol: Psychologically a big factor in the win!

Loved the comp this year and at least we're not talkin about a disastrous, forgettable year where everyone missed their dunks, we're talkin about the technicality of jumping over a CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: oh the disappointment :lol:

To be honest I think the rookie game topped todays events. I found it more fun to watch. Dunk contest was great and Ibaka was robbed, the dunk with the kid and toy was gold!!! And his first dunk with NBA Africa was really good, showed class.

LOL at CP3 misssing the lay up in the skills challenge :lol:

But yer I think the rookie game was funnier to watch than todays event....thats just me.

Anway...BRING ON THE ALL STAR MATCH!!!

Yeah.... gotta agree that Serge was robbed, he had some great dunks & out them all probably missed the least. Wasn't a huge fan of Blakes car dunk..... if he jumped over the TOP of the car THEN it woulda been impressive.... though don't think the Clips woulda liked him trying that lol

Overall a very very good dunk comp, especially compared to last years!!

Some shockers in the 3pt comp..... that's for sure lol.. too bad my boy Westbrook just missed out on the Skills comp haha... oh well :(

Back
Top Bottom