Official 2009 Draft Thread *SPOILERS*

Craaaaaaaaap!!! It the Cavs wanted this guy, they could've picked him with the first rounder instead of wasting it! That'll be what, 5 picks we've got wasting away overseas now??? :eek: Still waiting for a trade or the buying another pick, but I'm just depressed at the moment...

Pick 58 one before the Fakers....Paddy Mills! That will get a few to turn to the dark side.

Ingles and the NBA should not be mentioned in the same sentence.

I had mixed feelings about that a few seasons ago and it hasn't changed. We didn't need an All Star point Gaurd then and we definitely don't now. :v:
Buss had the chance to trade Van Exel for Kidd in the 90's - passed it up as he liked the upside of Nick the Quick more. :cry:

Buss had the chance to trade Van Exel for Kidd in the 90's - passed it up as he liked the upside of Nick the Quick more. :cry:

Well as much as I liked Nick the Quick I would have been all for it then. :v:

But I'm talking Bynum for Kidd... :cry:

Pick 58 one before the Fakers....Paddy Mills! That will get a few to turn to the dark side.

Ingles and the NBA should not be mentioned in the same sentence.
LOL...funniest post all day. A Celts fan getting excited about pick 58 'cause they sold the farm for a couple of veterans and single championship. ;)

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Well as much as I liked Nick the Quick I would have been all for it then. :v:

But I'm talking Bynum for Kidd... :cry:
Agree. Trading Bynum was never an option, but in hindsight the Nick for Kidd trade would make the Gasol trade look like it was in favour of the Griz! :rolleyes:

LOL...funniest post all day. A Celts fan getting excited about pick 58 'cause they sold the farm for a couple of veterans and single championship. ;)

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Agree. Trading Bynum was never an option, but in hindsight the Nick for Kidd trade would make the Gasol trade look like it was in favour of the Griz! :rolleyes:

It get's lonely up the top, and down the bottom. :lol:

Yeah depends what year/season we're talking. I mean we didn't have Van Exel in 02, but if it we're that Kidd for the Van Exel it's a steal. It's tough when thinking about what if's or what went through when you're not really thinking about the exact time it went through or could have.

Obviously, looking at it right now, Kidd for Exel is highway robbery.

Mills has finally been drafted by Portland! The Blazers of all teams!!! :(

Crap! Nice work, Ferry! Well, we miss out on Mills, but at least we get some nobody who couldn't even make it on Rubio's first team...

patty mills will be competing with bayless for the backup role.
It get's lonely up the top, and down the bottom. :lol:

Yeah depends what year/season we're talking. I mean we didn't have Van Exel in 02, but if it we're that Kidd for the Van Exel it's a steal. It's tough when thinking about what if's or what went through when you're not really thinking about the exact time it went through or could have.

Obviously, looking at it right now, Kidd for Exel is highway robbery.

Mills has finally been drafted by Portland! The Blazers of all teams!!! :(

Mills is a great pick up for the blazers! He's a required player there for sure, I can see him getting some serious minutes in his first season!

We've just given up Patrick Beverley as well, no suprises there. What did we get for the 29th pick? Something to do with NY...

LOL Laker fans. Only gifted Pau by that idiot Wallace and Bynum has done nothing yet. And we bought a championship? Isn't that the goal... here fishy fishy...

Celts with our pick take......Eddie House mark II.

Will go to the D league and have to compete with JR for a roster spot. This is the end of Gabe Pruitt me thinks.

25 (55) Portland (from Denver) Patrick Mills 6-1 175 PG St. Mary's (CA)
The Blazers saved Patty Mills from slipping out of the draft. If he could have jumped right after the Olympics, he would have gone much higher. He's super-quick and a great kid, but he's small and a lot of teams don't believe he's a point guard. The Blazers don't really have a roster spot for him, but he may be able to continue to improve overseas.

from espn.com

Back
Top Bottom