Official 2009 Draft Thread *SPOILERS*

Can you sign other teams players from the D-League, or you need their permission, or what? I would asume you would need their permission, but if it's like the junior teams with NRL affiliations, I was under the impression they're fair game for poaching. Is this true or not?

Can you sign other teams players from the D-League, or you need their permission, or what? I would asume you would need their permission, but if it's like the junior teams with NRL affiliations, I was under the impression they're fair game for poaching. Is this true or not?

I think the teams that drafted them reserves their right for a period of time, or if they have a contract, even non garunteed they can't be signed...

LOL Laker fans. Only gifted Pau by that idiot Wallace and Bynum has done nothing yet. And we bought a championship? Isn't that the goal... here fishy fishy...

Celts with our pick take......Eddie House mark II.

Will go to the D league and have to compete with JR for a roster spot. This is the end of Gabe Pruitt me thinks.

Operative word. :lol:

Yeah you got one. :p

Staying Healthy and Active, he's more than capable of blowing Perks numbers and putting him to shame, we've already seen glimpses of that...

Glimpses as opposed to a guy that turns up night in night out ;-)

Potential is a funny word...

The FA period will be huge this year before the big one 2010, some players might have to take what they can get this year with teams withholding the big bucks.

I think the teams that drafted them reserves their right for a period of time, or if they have a contract, even non garunteed they can't be signed...

Ah, dammit... No worries, thanks anyway. I seriously hope the Cavs have something else lined up. I was stoked when we picked up Shaq, especially for what we gave up to get him. But I don't see how that first pick helps us at ALL! And now a few of the other guys is was hoping we'd take a look at for trades are gone, too... Shaq was a good move, but I was hoping for more.

Glimpses as opposed to a guy that turns up night in night out ;-)

Potential is a funny word...

The FA period will be huge this year before the big one 2010, some players might have to take what they can get this year with teams withholding the big bucks.

There's big difference between turning up and being healthy. You of all people should understant that, returning from injury messes with your confidence and potential. Bynums a beast waiting to happen.

Nah even with my knee in ice I'm still telling mates that I'm a better rider than they are and these mates are in France preparing for the Tour LOL

Nothing to lose taking these guys this late as no contract has to be offered. No point tradign up either for a higher second round guy only to cut him and lose out unless you need to create roster spots. Would of like to draft height, you can't teach height.

Nah even with my knee in ice I'm still telling mates that I'm a better rider than they are and these mates are in France preparing for the Tour LOL

Well I stand corrected then. It does nothing to your confidence, but potentially, you may come back a little over confident. :p

Its a shame Mills didn't go higher, everyone had him pegged for mid 20's to low 30's.
I actually like him at the Blazers as there are talks that Bayless will be moved on.

Agreed my heart is breaking a bit for patty mills.
You have to feel for the guy, if he had known he would go in the 50's i'm not sure he would have been in the draft room as there were not many people still there when he got picked.
He must've had such an awful feeling as the first round ended and then he had to keep waiting until #55. Still gotta love the support his family gives him - do us proud patty!

Ok, I'm retracting my distaste for the Cavs picking Eyenga right now. After reading some stuff about him today, I might even start collecting his cards if they make any... Sounds like a bit of a steal from what I read, it's just that nobody's heard of him, which apparently was by design. Sounds like an interesting prospect now. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom