Nznrl's maildays

nznrl

Interested in low numbered Warriors
Real Name
Daniel
Hi all

I opened a couple of boxes today to get the common set and those combined with a series of case breaks is me done for the busting side of Season 7. I'll be patient on the secondary market now (GoT prices are up across all seasons atm).

The two boxes weren't great, but each auto was one I didn't have so happy enough overall - Sangster, Castle-Hughes, McInnerny, Kolokolnikov. I think I'm about 60 boxes in to GoT releases and am yet to hit a sketch, but I'll get one one day!

A couple of autos yet to come in the breaks - guaranteed at least a Bella Ramsay and another fairly decent hit, which will get me to 300 different autos across the releases now.

DhJEM3GW0AAJ3rR.jpg
IMG_20180703_0001.jpg
IMG_20180703_0002.jpg
IMG_20180703_0003.jpg

Nice haul mate, some really good ones amongst them too ! There are so many character autos in this series (which is great!), that even if you're just after the one example of a character's auto regardless of what season it's from, it's quite a quest !

My Valyrian box arrived. Middling, but made half of my money back on a duplicate Daenerys gold. I needed the Wlaschicha so happy with that. Gillen is duplicate. All commons were duplicate which was disappointing considering I only have about 20!

IMG_20181005_0003.jpg

I filled in some of the Season 7 low-end autos, and am making good progress with this set now.

IMG_20181005_0001.jpg
IMG_20181005_0002.jpg

I've also picked up a few other autos. A couple of Valyrian duals - Coster-Waldau/Bronn, Hempstead-Wright/Nairn. I also got the S2 Dance I have been hunting a while, S5 Van Houten, S2 Benioff Incentive.

IMG_20181006_0002.jpg

Curiosity got the better of me and I did an online break for Entertainment Hit Parade. Jagged a Star Trek Kirstie Alley Auto that I cannot find any sales history on.

alley.jpg

I was seriously tempted to start a Star Wars Collection with the High Tek sale $349 a case, but viewing a few other people's case busts was enough to have me hold fire. Looks like enough value there to make it fun though.

From a "fan of the show" point of view, some of those duals are gold ! They bring back memories from the show, especially any with Bronn in them, he 's such a great character!

Nice job on the Alley, must be fairly rare if there's no history. I see there's one for sale at $200...figure it must be worth at least $100-150 surely ?

Yeah, I've been tempted by High Tek myself and have seen some nice cards come out of it, but someone on BO recently broke 10 cases and their results weren't fantastic. They got some nice ones, but I'd say 6 of the 10 weren't too flash... And I don't trust my luck with Star Wars products at all !! I've also been tempted to go a case of Arrow 3 or 4 too, the price isn't too bad these days.

Sometimes I wish I lived in the US, buying cards would be so much easier with free shipping and no exchange rate to worry about, but then I hear my credit card screaming in my wallet and think maybe it's better I don't live there...LOL!

From a "fan of the show" point of view, some of those duals are gold ! They bring back memories from the show, especially any with Bronn in them, he 's such a great character!

I agree. Many sets have duals that don't really make sense. The duals in Valyrian represent in-depth relationships and make you feel sentimental. I guess that reflects GoTs strength in making each character a person that you are invested in.

After a couple of months accruing, I had my recently purchased cards sent over. Quite a fun mailday, and I'm getting close on some of the GoT sets now. I just picked up 3 Maisie Williams and 3 relics not pictured here. Most of the GoT cards pictured are doubles that I'm looking to trade. I'll put them in the trade section with my want list soon.

I Also decided to have a flutter on Star Wars Masterwork. The secondary market seemed a pretty enticing place to start. I have picked up a lot of parallels in an aim to complete those sets. I have some spare (including those pictured) to trade if anyone else is collecting them. I have never collected sketches, or really seen them in person much, but picked up the nien nunb and it so great in hand that I may have discovered a new passion.

IMG_20181103_0001.jpg
IMG_20181103_0002.jpg
IMG_20181103_0003.jpg
IMG_20181103_0004.jpg
IMG_20181103_0005.jpg
IMG_20181103_0006.jpg
IMG_20181103_0007.jpg
IMG_20181103_0008.jpg
IMG_20181103_0009.jpg
IMG_20181103_0010.jpg
IMG_20181103_0011.jpg
IMG_20181103_0012.jpg

That's a mighty haul mate, well done!

When I first discovered sketches a few years back, they were pretty rare, but the quality was often amazing. They're a lot more common these days and unfortunately the quality can vary widely ! Especially in Star Wars for some reason. I think Topps must be a bit too lenient in what they let through to be honest. that Nien is awesome though...who's the artist ?

I love the base and parallel cards in Masterwork, they're great designs and very sharp. The price is coming down a bit and I'm planning on breaking some more at Christmas. Expensive product to break though, and the signer list isn't as strong as it could have been.

Have you been using COMC ? I've got an absolute stack in there I'll be sending home soon once few stragglers get there. Will be trying a new mail box service starting this month that should save me a fair bit as I've racked up a heap of Mail Submission charges with COMC this past month. While their service is good, it gets very pricey for single card auction buys and the like.

Thanks Trevor

Nien is Jay Salle. Yeah, I will be very selective about sketches, but the market is flooded making it easy to do so.

If you end up with a few spare I'm trying to finish the green /99 and purple /50 parallel sets. I'm about 65% on both atm. They are a pain to have posted due to their bulk and weight.

My redirection service is through NZ Post, but I'll sign up with Ian on BO for a trial. Especially now he has said he is happy to handle boxes. I've given COMC a wide berth. It just did not seem financially viable to me when I looked into it a while back, I've tried to be disciplined with postage.

Yeah, I'm signed up with Ian too, sounds a good deal. COMC is still better than posting out direct, but it still all mounts up, so any way to save a few bucks means more for cards !

Will see what I have, I won't be chasing the colours, just keeping a few of the favorite characters. Are you just doing 2018 or earlier sets as well?

Just starting really small with 2018 only + some very, very cheap autos - bargain hunting.

My latest mailday.

I have taken a hiatus from all but the Blowout GoT monthly break. No doubt VS2 will draw me back.

Nothing too exciting here, but getting pretty close on the Masterworks parallel sets. GoT S7 is now done except for Broadbent, and Dempsie full bleeds, and GoT S5 is 1 card away from completion (Dinklage).

Some cool cards. What numbers you still chasing in the Masterworks

Cheers

Purple (32) 2, 6, 7, 10, 16, 17, 19, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 32, 37, 44, 46, 50, 51, 55, 57, 65, 66, 71, 75, 77, 78, 79, 84, 88, 91, 100

Green (17) 9, 15, 16, 28, 37, 39, 55, 57, 59, 69, 73, 76, 83, 88, 91, 95, 99

I still need 54 blues.

Quite a few to trade.

Back
Top Bottom