NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard that Doust and Co have shopped him around and he is so pissed off about it, that he now wants to go....
This is a tele article in tomorrows paper

St George Illawarra Dragons looking to start big cleanout of NRL talent

PAUL McGregor is ready to deliver a massive shake-up at St George Illawarra when he starts post-season interviews on Thursday with several players about to be told to find a new club.
There is huge salary cap pressure at the Dragons and McGregor has also decided the playing roster is in need of an overhaul in a bid to build the club back into a premiership force.

The Dragons have missed the finals for three straight years since Wayne Bennett departed and McGregor promised when he took over from Steve Price he would run a rule over the entire football department in his end of year review.

The Daily Telegraph understands some players have already been told they are free to negotiate elsewhere with names mentioned including Jack Stockwell, Dan Hunt, Dylan Farrell and Gerard Beale.

It has also been speculated star winger Brett Morris has asked for a release to join the Bulldogs next year but so far the club has denied this and stated they want to extend Morris’ deal.
Jason Nightingale is another player who could end up looking at his options while Trent Merrin is off contract at the end of next year and is sure to attract plenty of interest.
Understandably, McGregor’s hardline stance has not impressed all the players and there are rumblings coming out of the club.

After taking over from Price mid-season, McGregor made no secret of the fact he will do what needs to be done to deliver success and has already hired recruitment guru Peter Mulholland to help restructure where the money is best spent.
Mulholland is a former first grade coach and one of the most respected figures in clubland who has previously had great success at Penrith, the Bulldogs and most recently Newcastle.
The Knights have some of the best young players in the NRL and were Holden Cup minor premiers this year.

When contacted on Wednesday McGregor confirmed player interviews would start on Thursday but he would not be drawn on names until his review was complete.
“I am not going to comment on something that I haven’t officially finished,” McGregor said.
“I am not going to go down that road.
“I have said it originally and you know how straight a shooter I am.
“In a month’s time after I have finished my report I will put it out publicly and I will let everyone know exactly where we are going.

“But at the moment it is two days post last game and it has only just started. The first start for me was recruiting someone like Peter Mulholland whose experience in the game is so valuable.
“I went and said to Peter I need you because this is where we are at. You come back to me with a report to what we need to do.
“I can’t and I won’t speculate.
“I need to talk to the players personally before I go into any evaluation. This happens at every club and at the end of the day it is the players’ decision.”
The Dragons’ cleanout echoes Penrith’s turnover in 2012, when stars Luke Lewis and Michael Jennings departed as part of a rejuvenation that has led to the Panthers’ current success.

This confirms he is off tot he sharks
birdx2.jpg

Paul Vaughan resigns with Canberra until the end of 2017.

In a poorly performing team this bloke was sensational, rep player of the future without a doubt, 7 tries for a reserve front rower is unheard of !!

Fantastic player and a great signing for the club.

I can't believe he didn't even crack the top 5 in the Raiders player of the year last night. I thought he'd be second place to Croker.

Yeah, Shillo was back to his best this year.

I'd be happy to see Wighton there too though wouldn't be upset with Rapana if they want to move Wighton back to centre. It was good watching both of them bring the ball back hard after some of Robinson and Milford's efforts this year.

IMO Mason would be a good buy for a season maybe two, he does the job needed and his team mates always seem to genuinely like the guy. Obviously at the right price though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom