NRL OCT 2017 SuperCoach - *Finals Time*

Yeah looking less clunky. If Canberra have a flood of possession they are hard to hold, just have to be more patient.

I still wish we had Vaughan though, he is finally reaching his full potential and killing it!!!

You guys are always trying to rip our squad apart.......

Yep he is showing what everyone thought all along..... he had the potential and needed an opportunity

Sometimes a change is good for these players. He was struggling for a start, I believe cap issues were a factor and he seemed flat.

Great bloke so I can't begrudge him a fresh start and success but hopefully he has a shocker against us!!

Very disappointing round for the Berries.
Virtually the same side that kicked major arse last week, this week went like busted arses.
Beaten in three leagues. The frustrations of SC continues.
At least the Doggies won. :woot:
Anyway, forget that, on to Round 6. ;)

Last edited:
Very disappointing round for the Berries.
Virtually the same side that kicked major arse last week, this week went like busted arses.
Beaten in three leagues. The frustrations of SC continues.
At least the Doggies won. :woot:
Anyway, forget that, on to Round 6. ;)
Elgey and Cotric on the bench in hindsight hurts.......ouch

Hopefully updates work in my favour this week, but I doubt it :(

10 points in it pre updates a thriller could go either way and wow SJ as Capt (246) wish I had stuck with him.....

gotta love the final update. a head by 20 odd only to end up having a draw.

Anybody else wish they could "play a joker" and have 3 trades this week?

The Penetrators certainly do.

Cheers
Ross

Anyone skipper Rapana?

I think the question is can anyone afford Rapana? I know I can't. What an absolute GUN both Supercoach and NRL wise, he's just great to watch, maybe the Dragons should dip into the feeder club again for a winger!!!

My Captain choice has been lucky to score 50 / 100. I'm overdue picking the right one.

Cheers
Ross

I actually experimented around getting Rapana into the team earlier in the week. I'd have had to offload Semi but decided against it and went with the two cash cow rookies.
Another great decision, only a measly 150 points difference there.
Anyway, can't complain, got the W's across the board and made some good $$$.
Still very tempting though.

PS. I'm at the stage where I'm playing without a captain every week. :confused:

Last edited:
I had BJ in my team for most of the week and decided to go Ponga as I felt I needed the dual CTW / FLB option as i had Turbo stuck at the back with RTS and a chunk of Rookie CTW in the 17.

Should have told you all BJ would go big.

Ross

I grabbed Rapa early even though he started pricey. We all know attacking stats are the cream and Rapa has multiple tackle busts, offloads and generally a try, try assist or line break every week!!

I am light on $$ at present but have a couple of cows to sell and unfortunately have a forced trade as Tyler Cornish walked out on the GC.

I think Brailey might be the first to go this week with Seggy back.

@hobo , you leave your feeder team alone. Sitting atop the ladder thanks to Vaughany!!

Glad to see Mcrone playing okay again. Great clubman, enthusiastic and when he plays direct is an underrated and dangerous half. I rated him in 2010, 11, 12 when he played direct and worked with Papa on the right edge. After that he started running across field and his passing to the ground more often than not.

Brailey is tough one to decide what to do, there's no other cheap hookers around Seggy is starting to take more and more game time and I reckon it will only be a matter of time before Flanno gives Seggy 80 minutes. He's said he wants his hooker to be 80 minutes so he can do more with the bench. I just have no idea who to partner Smith with.

For the Dragons and McCrone the combos are starting to come together after more and more game time together, he's doing the job required more than adequately. It's amazing what some confidence can do, rather than always being a fill in / stop gap he's had the time to show he knows the job.

Note to self comps aren't won in April but its good the boys are punching above the media expectations.

Cheers
Ross

Brailey is tough one to decide what to do, there's no other cheap hookers around Seggy is starting to take more and more game time and I reckon it will only be a matter of time before Flanno gives Seggy 80 minutes. He's said he wants his hooker to be 80 minutes so he can do more with the bench. I just have no idea who to partner Smith with.

For the Dragons and McCrone the combos are starting to come together after more and more game time together, he's doing the job required more than adequately. It's amazing what some confidence can do, rather than always being a fill in / stop gap he's had the time to show he knows the job.

Note to self comps aren't won in April but its good the boys are punching above the media expectations.

Cheers
Ross

Gotta keep him now that Seggy is out

Gotta keep him now that Seggy is out

It's strange being happy to learn someone has been injured and is out for a while.
Is Shaun Johnson worth the price tag or has he been fluking these scores?!

Want to trade up to SJ, Walker or Milford

All 3 for me........

Probably SJ then Walker then Milford would be the order IMO but the Milf when hot is a stand out. The worry with SJ is Foran will take some of the action away from him so he might get less opportunity.

It's strange being happy to learn someone has been injured and is out for a while.

All 3 for me........

Probably SJ then Walker then Milford would be the order IMO but the Milf when hot is a stand out. The worry with SJ is Foran will take some of the action away from him so he might get less opportunity.

Unfortunately that's the reality of this concept. Never nice to see someone get injured but when you see Coote go down for example and you know Ponga is going to play fullback you can't help it!

Yeah makes sense with Foran taking more of the attacking load that SJ won't be as high in scoring

Back
Top Bottom