Now Perth has a New Card shop - 0400784795 Gosnells

i was thinking of heading into al's card shop a while back but never got around to it. and probably won't even bother now.

i've been getting all of my stuff from Just Cards at the wanneroo markets and couldn't be happier.

lol... he is even worse

Maybe so ! but he still has some of the best prices around which is Great if you are in WA and have an itch that needs to be scratched straight away ;)

Yup, can't argue with his prices, definitely cheaper than Al's Card Shop. His dad (who works there part time) is a top bloke!

Steve (HSV) would have spend THOUSANDS there over the years (lol)

Went to als recently, found the old bloke to be a bit rude, bought a few packs in the store after being pretty much neglected the day before when he had a few customers. So after that, went back a second day and bought 3 packs of afl infinity. but couldn't stay and bust the packs in the shop as me and the missus were running late for an appointment.

Busted a coll premiership card and rang up to see if he'd accept the card + cash as a discount for a geelong dps. He said he would. I was still willing to pay mostly $$ for the dps, and give him the collingwood card for virtually free/small discount.

He was pretty short on the phone - not great in the customer service department. Then when asked if he could tell me how much the guthrie dps was, he didn't tell me. And then I asked if he could give me an indicative price of how much id have to give on top of the collingwood 1929 premiership commemorative card for the guthrie dps. Told him my card was 32/400, just busted, nr mint condition and that he could inspect before accepting the deal... but I was just after a rough price of how much the difference would be and he wouldn't tell me until I came into the store.

I then asked if he could give me a rough % of how much id save using the collingwood card as a discount (I.e. 5%, 10%), to which I was told "look mate, just bring it in and we'll see if we want to do it"

Considering he said earlier in the convo that he'd happily do it, all I wanted was a rough guide as to what id be hit for cash-wise on top of the card.

But obviously I was being completely unreasonable and the phone call ended rather shortly.

Basically, I was staying 50 mins from the city with a friend, and just wanted to know if it was worth making the long trip back in to made the deal.

After everything, decided FU - I have since sold the card I had on here, and brought a smedts dps off ebay. I would've been giving the shop a great deal by giving a card worth $30 for a $5-$10 discount whilst giving $50 odd in cash.

Its not much, but thought I was doing the local business a favour. In the end, got a better deal dealing with a dude on here and a random on ebay.

Customer service goes a long way in hobby shops. Will not be going to als ever again, no point supporting people who treat their customers like sh!t.

Thanks for nothing al or len or whoever you were ya miserable old loser.

Makes me thankful for cardzone, who despite high prices, steve is great in customer service and I'll continue to support his shop.

Have no time for loser shop owners, and as such - will never spend another cent in als card shop.

:)

its wierd mate, ive bought three boxes of footy cards off him this year, they gave me 40 dollars off on all purchases, and he is usually keen for a chat, i can comprehend why he would do this, or if he did

I have absolutely no reason for making this up, and don't deny others have probably been treated well. Can only speak from personal experience, and it was poor service. I was going to visit a1 cards (the store created by one of this sites members) but didn't get a chance. My mistake, I'll be going there first and every time from now on when I'm in perth.

All I can say is that I hope everyone else has better experiences at als joke shop.

its wierd mate, ive bought three boxes of footy cards off him this year, they gave me 40 dollars off on all purchases, and he is usually keen for a chat, i can comprehend why he would do this, or if he did

@ Marco, Sorry to hear about your experience and you should have stopped by to say hello at A1 cards and gaming ! @tailsisdop, Can I ask how much you paid for 3 boxes ?

I went there few weeks ago...in terms of nba and soccer, they dont have much and their hi-end cards are way too expensive...also at the time, they had no nba boxes for sale...customer service was decent but i wasnt really there for small talk, he knocked off 3bux when i purchased sum card supplies and 3 packs of donruss.

After living in Geraldton (4.5 hours north of Perth) for the last 12 years then moving to Perth recently, I was STOKED when I found Al's card shop. Imagine that?!?! an actual shop that sells actual cards! Its hard enough to find a newsagency that sells the odd pack here and there these days! Anyway, I have been in 3 times, bought small items twice. Len seems like a nice guy to me, but minimal experience with him. thats a pretty horrid story, and it makes me think twice about wandering down in my lunch break now.

On a side note, I didnt realize Len was Alan Errickson's brother - Al is a LEGEND in Geraldton, having been the main man in the middle for the Buccs for years and years. Al is a top bloke (had a drink with him post game a few times, being one of the major sponsors of the Buccs for many years), and a great baller. He's also about 8 inches taller than Len too.

len is a top bloke, when you go into his shop and buy boxes he would always cut down the price or give you free shit

Have bought a number of items from this particular store via ebay over the last few weeks, I was sent one wrong card which was replaced no questions and in the 3 transactions all I can say I wish other ebayers were as prompt with posting.
I had ambitions many years ago of establishing a business but with the advent of online stores you are a brave person to have a walk in walk out store, dealing with the punters is another matter.

You don't need to be brave you just have to beleive that what you are doing is right.
Beleive in yourself and know what you are doing when people come into my shop sometimes they spend a couple of hours just talking about getting signatures how they do it why they do it.
I have a shop looking at getting a warehouse in 2 months and maybe also a second shop next year.

I'm happy to state that I know both Len and Dave as well as Terry.

All 3 of them are wonderful people in their own right and I've never had an issue with any of them.

Just to set the record straight, I truly think that my opinion has a fair amount of cred behind it. I met Len when I was 7 years old. I'm now 29.

He has never been rude to me, in fact he is brilliant value for a footy chat or even just a good 5-10 minute general conversation. Dave is the same. I've had nothing but good memories of going to their old stores at Cockburn Basketball Stadium, Fremantle Malls, Murray St and now Wellington St.

Len has always been accommodating to me and my friends. I have seen the man explode a few times before and in the circumstances surrounding those incidences...it was completely validated.

Telling a bloke 5 times to stay away from a shelf only to see him walk into it and make it collapse..yes, I would fn explode.

Sometimes, Len will be direct...that's not a bad thing. people who work in the hobby have to be that way.

He does need to work on not necessarily what he says, but how he says it. A lot of how he and Dave deal with customers is fine if you know them...but people that Len has never before could misinterpret him as being aggressive which is not good from a customer service perspective.

From an overall perspective, I'll still be paying these guys a visit when I'm in Perth...which leads me to Terry.

Terry's done a brilliant job with his store. Because it's so close to my residential area, I've been happily going through him for the last year or two. He's friendly, accommodating and always has a smile on his face.

The layout of the shop itself is really good. It's a combination of a smaller looking Card Zone in Melbourne and Al's from the Murray St days.

I've had probably more luck personally with Terry in the NBA stakes. Anything AFL, I'll likely go to Al's.

Truth is, both stores are good. I think if both are accessible online as well as in shop...they can both survive.

It's very hard for me to hate any of these 3 particular people and I recommend both businesses to local collectors, as well as interstate and overseas collectors visiting Perth.

I stay in Perth about once a month for work. It was suggested that I visit Al's by another member on here. I have been calling in there every month for about 12 months and have had nothing but good experiences.

I have found both Dave and Len friendly and helpful. Every visit I have bought boxes and they have thrown in top loaders and sleeves or given me a discount.

Although they only have limited stock (I only collect NRL) I think they have a great store and offer great service.

I stay in Perth about once a month for work. It was suggested that I visit Al's by another member on here. I have been calling in there every month for about 12 months and have had nothing but good experiences.

I have found both Dave and Len friendly and helpful. Every visit I have bought boxes and they have thrown in top loaders and sleeves or given me a discount.

Although they only have limited stock (I only collect NRL) I think they have a great store and offer great service.

Nice! Had no issue myself but haven't shopped there in ages!

Back
Top Bottom