Not just another "I'm quiting the hobby" thread

Sorry to hear you leave. I hope your health will be on the up and up.

Good luck with everything in the future.

Ersk

It's no secret that @cherrycollectables has purchased the vast @ozballer23 collection and we thank Norm for choosing Cherry since our very beginning.

We even supported Norm's rival forum when we first started! Had to because that "prick" @graham ;) wouldn't let us spruik anything on Ozcardtrader!!

Norm has been there all along and it is with great pride that we helped him pull his last MOJO and ultimately were able to assist him to move his massive collection as a single lot.

p.s He has a clear understanding that if he gets cold feet we will happily walk away from the deal ;)

Good luck Norm, with whatever you choose to collect in the future!

Norm sad to see you give it up, but with chronic health issues of my own over the last four years I understand were you are coming from as at times I wonder when I will get better and be able to enjoy my life as freely as I used to be able to. Sometimes I still debate on whether I will continue collecting or not once I complete my current incomplete fleer sets. However, I do know that this hobby has kept me sane over this four year period.

If I do eventually give up collecting, like you i will stick around though as I like helping people out with their collecting questions and checking out people's awesome maildays.

On a final note I hope you sort out your health issues and remember you have friends on here that you can talk to.

Rather than saying the usual "sorry to see you go" blurb, I'm gonna say, I'm happy to see you realise the important sides of life, and chose health/family over a hobby.

Yep, it's sad you have to give it up, but you're able to happily move on from that chapter of your life, to bigger and better chapters!

All the best Norm, I wish you nothing but the best buddy!!

And props to @cherrycollectables for allowing Norm to move his collection in one go. The stress that would have taken off Norm, is incredible!

Wow I don't check the forum for a weekend and come back to this....

Hopefully we will still see you floating around here and there

Most importantly though I hope the health stays on the up for you man.

Also I'm glad @cherrycollectables will finally have some singles that aren't all my old recycled cards :p

Damn! That sucks! One person that always seemed to be a steadier while everyone else was up and down in the hobby

I am just praying that this move isn't an indicator that you health is declining, just that you want to spend time elsewhere.
Best of luck with everything mate!

Norm, only started to get to know you, but going to miss your input. Hope things turn out for ya.

Glad to see that you might pop in from time to time though. Love seeing your input in the threads that matter.

Does that mean that TBT's will be safer without you? lol

I didn't see that coming from our last visit, the hobby will take a knock with your absence:cry:
Might see you at the next card show just for a look:whistle:....;)
All the best, take care of yourself and the family.

I'm a still a newbie around here, but one thing I know is you made the forums a fun place to be with your presence. All the best mate, there is life outside of cardboard and you'll have more coin in your pocket too

Wow... Damn shame Norm you are leaving the hobby, you were so close behind me with FB too!!! lol.... Seriously though mate I really hope nothing but the best for you and the family for the future...I hope your health improves and maybe one day we can have that hit of golf... Take care buddy....

I don't know about you but i'm glad that turd Norm has left this forum. He was such a sword.

He is standing behind me isnt he????

Ohhhh hi Nooooorrmmmmm.....

Ha ha all jokes aside look after your health and your family because everything else pails into insignificance. As you can see you'll be sorely missed but you'll be remembered as an icon of our card collecting community!

Back
Top Bottom