Noob question about a rare card I found

Pookus McFly

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Luken
Hey guys, this may sound like I have no idea what I am talking about, and that is because I genuinely don't, so please bare with me. It is really hard to find good information about this kind of thing. I just started collecting NRL Trader cards and I found what I think is a rare card on one of the first packs I bought (beginners luck I guess). It is a Steve Roach signature legends card which the packet says there are only 208.

My question is, what should I do with it?
I am hesitant to sell it on Ebay because I have no idea what it is really worth in the first place, or whether it will appreciate in value if I keep it tucked away for 30 odd years.
I also heard that if you have the other card from this set (Brad Fittler) you can send them both in for a third special card. Is this then what I should be doing with it? How long do I have to be able to collect this extra rare card? And how hard will it be for me to find the Brad Fittler card I need? Is it something I should now be trawling Ebay looking for? Sorry for the multitude of questions, but if somebody can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

-Noob trader

Last edited:
Hi mate,

Congrats on the hit and welcome to the hobby.

The Blocker Legends is a very rare and nice card. They are inserted at about 1 per 4 cases and at present are fetching $150-$200.

If you get a Fitler equivalent you can send both in for a /28 dual set which I believe is returned in a special display folder. As Traders were released in early March, all /28 might be redeemed so you should check with ESP first.

Lastly, in terms of value increasing over a period of time, I would say it won’t be significant. The market is at a low point and despite the Legends being rare there are plenty on the market.

Good luck!!

Hi mate,

Congrats on the hit and welcome to the hobby.

The Blocker Legends is a very rare and nice card. They are inserted at about 1 per 4 cases and at present are fetching $150-$200.

If you get a Fitler equivalent you can send both in for a /28 dual set which I believe is returned in a special display folder. As Traders were released in early March, all /28 might be redeemed so you should check with ESP first.

Lastly, in terms of value increasing over a period of time, I would say it won’t be significant. The market is at a low point and despite the Legends being rare there are plenty on the market.

Good luck!!
Thank you very much for your help, it is greatly appreciated. I will definitely heed your advice in my pursuit of the dual set. I have a feeling this is going to be the fruition of a very time-consuming new hobby for me.

Sounds like you know a fair bit for a newbie ? Pretty much answered it yourself ?Any chance you can post a pic of it and number?
I may have had some very good advice to make it seem that way, but I really only started collecting last week. This Blocker card may have ignited an obsession and I like to tick off all my boxes so I thought I would come here and get any extra information that I can. The card number is 192- I can probably get a picture of it on here, but it looks just like the other ones i've been seeing online. Took me a day or two to even work out what a 'case card' was and the difference between them and mine!

All good mate ,just a few members and ex members put posts up like that and it just wastes people’s time and is a bit sad really . Probably better to post a pic .

Back
Top Bottom