WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
There's gotta be some gamers playing this one, surely!?!?!

I'm a very slow progressionist in these types of games (Minecraft, I'm worse!), so I've barely discovered a dozen planets.

Been upgrading my Exo Suit - I think it's maxed now, and the ship is up to 21 slots. I ALMOST bought/traded a 23-slot ship, but was going to cost me almost 3.5 million units!

Keen to see how folks are doing, what cool upgrades they have on their multitools, etc.

TBH, I quite like it. BUT... there's a but... I AM finding myself on the bored side of things often when playing it now. Not that I'm far into the game, not that I'm struggling for stuff to do, just that because I'm choosing to farm resources over and over each time I play it, instead of heading off to do what it is I'm MEANT to be doing - which, there's really bugger all indication on WHAT the actual F you're supposed to do. And if you miss the prompts, or pick the wrong answer, it'll take a while without tips, to work out where you're heading.

Reminds me a lot like Minecraft, which I loved. Minecraft DID have the building/crafting side of things, which this doesnt REALLY have. ie, you can't (that I know of) build shelters/outposts/other buildings, you can't construct new ships, and you can't build new multi-tools. You FIND these things, and upgrade that way (replacing old for new kinda way).

NMS really does have a lot going for it though. I mean, there's a lot to explore, and if you choose NOT to leave the first planet, you really can get stuck there for hours and hours just looking around and exploring. Took me days to leave!!

Finding resource rich planets is fun, you really can farm a stack of items in one place and get rich quick - which is great for upgrades.

I got lucky when buying it, in that I got it $10 bucks cheaper than other places (mates rates), AND I had games to trade - cost me $15 bucks in the end, but to pay $79 (lowest RRP that I know of), it's a tall ask, IMO and may not be justified easily among many gamers.

Definitely worth looking at if you can buy it from someone with a return policy (EB Games do), that way if you thrown down $80 bucks, you won't feel deflated if you don't like it.

I'm on a mission to upgrade my ship, the thing with upgrading is it takes a little effort, and sometimes you might be left without a functioning ship - meaning you're on foot searching for resources to "fix" your new ship - you can break down components for materials, doing this is great when upgrading, but 99.999% of ships you find NEED fixing before you can fly them, and without the right resources, you could be left on foot for some time.

Played a while last night. Fully upgraded my multi-tool, dirt cheap upgrades - max I paid was like 130,000u! Found a nice little trick;

One example I had was a 19-slot multi-tool, and then I found a 21-slotter. So what I did, knowing full well I wanted it, was break down all available upgrades on my current one, which some how forces the game to drop the buying price (usually around 20,000u), and then buy the upgraded tool. I then broke down all the upgrades on that one, and re-fitted it out with newer/better ones. Sometimes I lost out, in that some materials were fewer than I had before the upgrades - from breaking them down. I dont think the game gives you ALL the components back, only a portion of them.

Also found another crashed ship, was the same amount of slots as my current one, so I just "accepted" it, broke down the upgrades, and took my old ship back.

Bonus from that.... I found an upgrade that included a Vortex Cube. What that meant, was when I transferred the Vortex Cube to my inventory, it changed it from a 1 of 1 item, to a 1 of 100 item, meaning I could have up to 100 Vortex Cubes in the same slot!!! MASSIVE SCORE - STACKED VORTEX CUBES!!!

I then traveled back to my "Vortex Cube Planet", and went hunting for Cubes. Have like 8 million units now! Still a long ways off buying a 30+ slot ship (like 20 million units!!), but I'm on my way.

Here's what I meant about the stacking Vortex Cubes (note 4 of 100);
CrGxiRaUMAAsxnh.jpg

I got this game, i didn't mind it at the start, but after awhile found it to be mind numbing boring, just nothing to do, no story, no point, good idea, but needs alot of work

I got this game, i didn't mind it at the start, but after awhile found it to be mind numbing boring, just nothing to do, no story, no point, good idea, but needs alot of work

Yep, totally agree!

If they introduce construction for outposts and other stuff, I think the game will become more enjoyable.

But re: the story, or lack there of, 100% with you! I've mucked around SO much, I totally forget where the heck I'm supposed to be, or be going, or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom