No 2010/11 Select cricket??

spoke to select today and they said there will be a cricket release, just not in the 'normal' format.
so Walshy you may still get your Phillip Hughes card yet!

sounds like the album/folder thing is on the money. you might have to wait until someone splits a whole set on ebay before you can get them on their own. think i'll give it a big miss, album sets dont really interest me, the fun is in the pack/box busting :p

hold your breath! imagine cricket 'chips' or 'tags' or god forbid the gold Ponting statuette!!!

best they dont have cricket release if it is any of that crap!!

oh great, so it's about the VFL clubs...

**** that.

exactly what i think to mate!
sick of select only looking after victorian people...
you only have to look at the sig cards they produce every year via redemption! 90% vics!

sounds like the album/folder thing is on the money. you might have to wait until someone splits a whole set on ebay before you can get them on their own. think i'll give it a big miss, album sets dont really interest me, the fun is in the pack/box busting :p

Weve been saying for the last 3 months that we are getting a folder type/release, so i guess this pretty much locks in the rumours....
I think select are doing this to make a quick buck to be honest. Production cost would be very minimal and margins would be very high. Interesting to see what they bring out exactly.

Ok select are getting used to releasing sets online now, i dont like it, and i think its bad signs for select. Which for us is probably good!

hi all
only collecting cricket cards, i am not sure on any previous select online releases . can anyone tell me what format these online releases have had before with select? do other card companies for other sports release online card sets?
cheers guys

I wouldn`t think it was a good thing if Select folded ...Just remember what happened in 1997 when Dynamic Marketing went ass up ...It took 3 years before there was another release for the NRL ..Yeh there are other companies to take over but without a licence from the NRL or AFL they can`t release anything .....Just imagine 3 years without any new releases ...Wouldn`t that be good for all collectors .....

I think that its not such a bad thing theres no cricket release, give most collectors a chance to catch up on PC.
This AFL heritage set intrigues me!

I wouldn`t think it was a good thing if Select folded ...Just remember what happened in 1997 when Dynamic Marketing went ass up ...It took 3 years before there was another release for the NRL ..Yeh there are other companies to take over but without a licence from the NRL or AFL they can`t release anything .....Just imagine 3 years without any new releases ...Wouldn`t that be good for all collectors .....

What would we do! :(

"Select Australia will not be producing an A-League or Cricket collector series at present as it is commercially unviable for 2010.

However, stay tuned for a Cricket Australia collectable boxed set and some very special AFL releases.

Your loyalty to us is appreciated and thanks for collecting Select."

Obviously we haven't been too loyal otherwise it wouldn't be "commercially unviable". I suppose we will get a $500 box set that also will be "commercially unviable".

What a boon for Cardzone.

How right you are Ron.:kick:
There will be a few of us running there to get our fix:lol:
Hopefully we can catch the elusive SW cards:worthy:That is Dan by the way.

Happy Hunting in any event

regards Russell

Cricket is only a very small part of my collecting but I still enjoy it, I just hope that it is NOT an online release similar to the league release because all that does is hurt the small business man. I mean they are also squeezing out their own national distributor in JHL enterprises. I will ALWAYS be the first to support the local small business whether it be in cards or anything else...........it is just un-Australian for the big companies to limit the business opportunities of the average joe just trying to put food on the table.

Back
Top Bottom