No 2010/11 Select cricket??

bjs127

Cricket card fanatic
Real Name
Brad
eBay User
bjs127
Was speaking to someone yesterday who told me they spoke with someone at Select - apparently they are "still undecided" as to whether there will be a cricket release!

If they are undecided then that surely means no release? If they were releasing something then you would need to have gone very close to finalising things by now surely????

I know there is still one more AFL release to come before the end of the year, and that has taken the priority it seems.

There is also no A-League soccer this year either.

Not a bad thing though - rather no release at all than a token effort, which Select are past masters at...

Pretty sure i wrote this somewhere about 3 months ago, but yes, they were undecided then also, and that if they did decide to do a release it would only be of a FOLDER SET type release, and not retail boxes/packs....

Whats this AFL release you speak of??

Oh well! Just gives us more time to catch up with all the stuff we are still chasing (lol).

im like you richo, id rather catch up on quality releases from previous years than collect this new stuff, the new stuff just isnt doing it for me. wouldnt bother me if they didnt do one this year.
and like the others have said, whats this new AFL?

I agree, would rather they release nothing cricket-wise rather than a token timewaster.

Select are releasing a "Heritage Signature Series" of 12 signed cards - 1 player from each of the original 12 VFL clubs.

I think there are either 100 or 150 of each card, and my understanding is they will be sold through their website in a similar manner to the 2003 Scanlens retro cards - some sold in set form, and the others sold/auctioned off as singles.

If anyone knows the Heritage cricket set that Futera released back in 1996 they are a vaguely similar looking card - sepia background with colour headshots of the 12 players......once again great to see Select follow a similar style to a set Futera released 14 years ago!!

No A-league, No NRL series 2, possibly no cricket? Seriously some other company needs to start releasing cards. I am so sick of the B/S that select serves up (or doesnt).
They have had some great releases, i still love the Jersey cards from NRL 2003XL, plus there has been some nice redemptions.

I'm not sure about everyone else but if there was a quality set of cricket, a-league or even the new ABL (baseball), I would be willing to spend good money for the product.

Sorry for the rant but have had to contact Select with 3 seperate issues this week.

Well I have to say I'm in total agreeance also - not bothered if there is no release. I'd rather spend my cash chasing down some my 'missing pieces' too.

Pretty sad state of affairs when the most passionate cricket collecters in the land are not concerned about this... :(

Don't suppose Futera will come to the party this year anymore either...

Great news that Select wont be making cricket cards this year. The quality of their cards is an insult to serious cricket card collectors.

Is this AFL "Heritage" set going to be Selects last AFL release? as there are rumors that their AFL licence will expire soon.

I believe that they are too busy making money on the soccer releases, too worry about cricket cards :mad:.

im like you richo, id rather catch up on quality releases from previous years than collect this new stuff, the new stuff just isnt doing it for me. wouldnt bother me if they didnt do one this year.
and like the others have said, whats this new AFL?

I agree, would rather they release nothing cricket-wise rather than a token timewaster.

Select are releasing a "Heritage Signature Series" of 12 signed cards - 1 player from each of the original 12 VFL clubs.

I think there are either 100 or 150 of each card, and my understanding is they will be sold through their website in a similar manner to the 2003 Scanlens retro cards - some sold in set form, and the others sold/auctioned off as singles.

If anyone knows the Heritage cricket set that Futera released back in 1996 they are a vaguely similar looking card - sepia background with colour headshots of the 12 players......once again great to see Select follow a similar style to a set Futera released 14 years ago!!

Well I have to say I'm in total agreeance also - not bothered if there is no release. I'd rather spend my cash chasing down some my 'missing pieces' too.

Pretty sad state of affairs when the most passionate cricket collecters in the land are not concerned about this... :(

Looks like a few of us all agree!

I know I'll just be saving my pennies for some on the older stuff I want so stuff 'em! (Select that is).

I agree that it is fine not to make a release cos I need to take a breath and catch up on my missing pieces also:D
Hopefully they can bounce back with some quality pieces:thumbsup:

happy hunting guys:thumbsup:

regards Russell

i've always thought select have been doing alright and why are people giving them rubbish? but now with maybe no cricket thats ridiculous, even though i dont collect

oh great, so it's about the VFL clubs...

**** that.

Hey don't be like that Ryan...

I am sure Select have a Mark Mickan/Matt Connell dual auto Heritage signature card planned for somewhere between 2020 and 2030! :D

People should be looking past this season, It is a worry that there is no release for various codes and this is how it all starts. I would let Select know your disappointment (even if you are kind of happy).
Select say there will be no cricket release for 2010, Nobody kicks up a fuss, Select dont bother to make Cricket cards again.

People should be looking past this season, It is a worry that there is no release for various codes and this is how it all starts. I would let Select know your disappointment (even if you are kind of happy).
Select say there will be no cricket release for 2010, Nobody kicks up a fuss, Select dont bother to make Cricket cards again.

Agreed mate, I can't say I was thrilled with the Scanlens NRL set they released this year, but if thats all that was on offer for cricket this year, I would snap it up!
If its a folder set like the 04/05 ESP or Case set like Platinum, then I would also snap them up, sure it takes the fun out of collecting, but better than nothing...
Oh wait maybe weetbix or tip top are doing some sets for this season...

Back
Top Bottom