NFL Discussion Thread. (SPOILERS)

Laurinaitis Has signed with the Saints

We're gonna miss him... Oh wait, whats that ?? We signed someone ?? Who ?? DL/LB Quinton Coples ?? Oh right... him, played in 6 games for the dolphins last year and didn't register a statistic.....year before that played 9 for the Jets and registered 8 tackles - 4 of those shared...

Yeah, way to go Rams, having an awesome Free Agency period so far...

Well the last day or so certainly shook the draft up a bit ! Gonna be fun for us Rams fans for about the first 5 minutes, then we can take the weekend off !:p Great move if they get the right guy...if they don't ???????:crazy:

While a lot say Wentz will be the guy as he has greater physical tools, I'm thinking they might go Goff...more experience, and he's a Californian - so they locals likely know his name already and he'd be a draw to the fans and easier to market...

Well the last day or so certainly shook the draft up a bit ! Gonna be fun for us Rams fans for about the first 5 minutes, then we can take the weekend off !:p Great move if they get the right guy...if they don't ???????:crazy:

While a lot say Wentz will be the guy as he has greater physical tools, I'm thinking they might go Goff...more experience, and he's a Californian - so they locals likely know his name already and he'd be a draw to the fans and easier to market...
If I were Rams I'd go Paxton Lynch instead.
Wentz is a draft bolter, and draft bolters are flops 90% of the time, while I don't like the way Goff throws.
I'd actually say Lynch is the safer pick.

Big risk for the Rams. If their pick doesn't work out, they will be in draft bust history.

Also, what time would the draft start in AEST & what day would it be on if anyone knows?

I think Lynch would be a bit of a project though with not having take snaps under the centre ? And I doubt the Rams want to wait to develop a prospect. If we go into LA and have a couple of bad seasons with Case Keenum or somone while we bring on the new guy, the fickle LA fans will likely stop caring...

Agree though, this thing is very risky could go either way and are any of these QB's really worth the price we're paying ?? Who know, time will tell. Think I'd much prefer being on the Titans end of the deal like we were with RG3 to be honest... But as a marketing and hype generating move, this is as big as it gets...

Think the draft starts Friday April 29th at 9am for us...

There's no way they traded up to take Lynch. Reports are it's Goff. Either way I'm over the moon as it means it's less likely my Cowboys make a bad decision and pick a QB at number four and there's a chance Ramsey may fall to us!

My Top 10 Mock Draft goes like

1. Rams (from Titans) - Jared Goff, Cal
2. Browns - Myles Jack, UCLA
3. San Diego - Laremy Tunsil, Ole Miss
4. Cowboys - Jalen Ramsey, Florida State
5. Jacksonville - Vernon Hargreaves, Florida
6. Baltimore - Joey Bosa, Ohio State (my #1 prospect in the whole draft)
7. San Francisco - Paxton Lynch, Memphis
8. Philadelphia - DeForest Buckner, Oregon
9. Tampa Bay - Shaq Lawson, Clemson
10. New York - Kevin Dodd, Clemson

And with all luck, the Bengals will take Josh Doctson or Corey Coleman from TCU & Baylor to booster our WR stocks with Marvin Jones & Mohamed Sanu needing replacements :thumbsup:

My Top 10 Mock Draft goes like

1. Rams (from Titans) - Jared Goff, Cal
2. Browns - Myles Jack, UCLA
3. San Diego - Laremy Tunsil, Ole Miss
4. Cowboys - Jalen Ramsey, Florida State
5. Jacksonville - Vernon Hargreaves, Florida
6. Baltimore - Joey Bosa, Ohio State (my #1 prospect in the whole draft)
7. San Francisco - Paxton Lynch, Memphis
8. Philadelphia - DeForest Buckner, Oregon
9. Tampa Bay - Shaq Lawson, Clemson
10. New York - Kevin Dodd, Clemson

And with all luck, the Bengals will take Josh Doctson or Corey Coleman from TCU & Baylor to booster our WR stocks with Marvin Jones & Mohamed Sanu needing replacements :thumbsup:
Ravens may have an issue if Joey Bosa drops to No 6 as he has said he will hold out if selected!!

Ravens may have an issue if Joey Bosa drops to No 6 as he has said he will hold out if selected!!
I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in Dallas. The whole trade at the top has shook things up and I think I'd much rather have Ramsey should he be available which I think he will. But Bosa would fill a bigger hole we have right now I reckon.

Very happy with the Seahawks first round pick. OLine was a major weakness that needed first round talent.

A really solid draft by the Lions so far. Building on that offensive line with Taylor Decker (Ohio State) at right tackle. Has a mean streak, a great run blocker and a solid pass blocker... next to Decker is Larry Warford at right guard who is also a good run blocker. So that can only help Running back Ameer Abdullah on the right side at least.

Like the pick of A'Shawn Robinson (Alabama), Defensive tackle in the 2nd round, again has a nasty streak. Our 2 starting D tackles are Ngata and Tyrone Walker. Ngata is good but getting on a bit and Walker broke his leg at the start of the season last year. Robinson will get his share of snaps and a chance to even start later on. We lost Suh and Nick Fairly 2 seasons ago, I don't blame them letting Suh go. For close to 20 million a season and Miami's defense was one of the worst in the league? No thanks. Fairley was inconsistent but had talent, it was hard to see him go. So this draft is a step in the right direction.

And the 3rd round pick, Graham Glasgow (Michigan)has a nasty streak and a real motor. Last years rookie at center, Travis Swanson was disappointing and even botched several snaps. Glasgow will provide competition and fire and could also start.

All come from big schools who have faced quality competition. Looks like new GM Robert Quinn is drafting both on need and talent. Unlike previous GM Martin Mayhew who often just drafted on talent which for the most part, didn't work.

Just got the NFL Gamepass renewal email. They're not doing the regular season only package anymore, it's all or nothing now, bit of a bummer as the playoffs are on foxtel anyway.

At least this year is they are offering the resub for the new package at the old package price of US$130... but next year it's going to be US$200 or so by the looks... getting a bit pricey with our Aussie dollar not looking so great...

Just got the NFL Gamepass renewal email. They're not doing the regular season only package anymore, it's all or nothing now, bit of a bummer as the playoffs are on foxtel anyway.

At least this year is they are offering the resub for the new package at the old package price of US$130... but next year it's going to be US$200 or so by the looks... getting a bit pricey with our Aussie dollar not looking so great...
True that's a bummer ...I wonder if they offer just a team only price

Back
Top Bottom