Next iconic cards

Andrew111

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Andrew
Curious what everyone thinks about what the next iconic cards are likely to be. When I think about the old days, I think of the UD Fanimation cards but they are worth nothing meanwhile the Fleer which I barely remember goes for a motser. Thoughts?

images (4).jpeg

images (3).jpeg

For some reason I think this card is going to be memorable. Not worth a whole lot now but I've sent a few off for grading just in case.

images (5).jpeg

Did you really compare Jordan's Rookie card to a meaningless subset card?

The next iconic cards will be key Rookies from key sets. It's already happening with the pumping of 2012 Prizm.

I'm a believer in Revolution. Tatum, Luka and Zion could all be iconic.

If you think about iconic cards they're mostly Rookies from key sets so there will be a bunch of Luka ones I reckon.

I'm a firm believer that the graded Prizm base hype will die down eventually as people look at the comparative cost for a PSA 9 base vs a PSA 9 limited to /10 or so and scarcity becomes THE factor. Golds, blacks, nebulas etc will be the ones to survive the rush.

Right now, the sheer number of high grade base cards let basically anybody willing to take an expensive gamble feel like they're holding a gold nugget - which I get the appeal of. But long-term it makes NO sense for modern base cards (which are decently QCd anyway) to be so expensive and so plentiful at the same time, just because people are flooding grading services with them.

But, I could be completely wrong :lol:. Right now though, I see Shaq's 93/94 Finest refractor as ready to absolutely explode price-wise AND in status.

I'm a firm believer that the graded Prizm base hype will die down eventually as people look at the comparative cost for a PSA 9 base vs a PSA 9 limited to /10 or so and scarcity becomes THE factor. Golds, blacks, nebulas etc will be the ones to survive the rush.

Right now, high grade base let basically anybody willing to take an expensive gamble feel like they're holding a gold nugget - which I get the appeal of. But long-term it makes NO sense for modern base cards (which are decently QCd anyway) to be so expensive and so plentiful at the same time, just because people are flooding grading services with them.

But, I could be completely wrong :lol:. Right now though, I see Shaq's 93/94 Finest refractor as ready to absolutely explode price-wise AND in status.

The Base Prizm RC is one of the biggest farces in the modern collecting game.

Long term they will plummet.

The big names will always get pumped and shilled though.

I'm going bold and gonna say that Revolution will be the next to be pumped to Prizm levels. Just you watch.

The Base Prizm RC is one of the biggest farces in the modern collecting game.

Long term they will plummet.

The big names will always get pumped and shilled though.

I'm going bold and gonna say that Revolution will be the next to be pumped to Prizm levels. Just you watch.

You might be onto something with Revolution, at least the numbered ones. I don't collect them at all, but you can't deny that they look absolutely amazing as cards. They also don't seem to go for sticker autos, which is great.

I'm also gonna boldly suggest any of LeBron's Fleer Retro stuff. These cards are nearing a decade old already, and are sort of scarce to begin with. Couple that with the fact that college uniform stuff has been shunned by so many people for so long, and these are gonna be getting even harder to find as people try and build their complete Bron collections.

I mean, they've been rising quickly for the past 6-9 months anyway, but they're still somewhat affordable overall. When he eventually has to call it a day in the next few years, that will be the match that ignites this powder keg along with the rest of his stuff.

Jordan Retro stuff is a bit higher than LeBron's, but NOTHING in a NC jersey comes close Jordan in a Bulls uniform. Bron has a bunch of NBA uniforms to choose from, so adding the Fighting Irish one (which looks great anyway) to the mix isn't that big a deal.

I think status is underrated as well... the design is clean and modern... the Luka status RCs are undervalued IMO.

Personally I’m not going to pay big $$ for a RC if the design isn’t nice. For example I’ve picked up a few Bams and his Mosaic rc in my opinion is a much nicer design and look then the Prizm. Even his Optic is nicer... but a lot of it also has to do with the photo they choose to use.

I think status is underrated as well... the design is clean and modern... the Luka status RCs are undervalued IMO.

Personally I’m not going to pay big $$ for a RC if the design isn’t nice. For example I’ve picked up a few Bams and his Mosaic rc in my opinion is a much nicer design and look then the Prizm. Even his Optic is nicer... but a lot of it also has to do with the photo they choose to use.

I agree about Status. Underrated for sure. I have a couple of cool ones incoming.

I bought 2 Luka's and pulled one but realized they're selling for more than a 96 Flair Row 2 Kobe RC.

That to me is crazy

Back
Top Bottom