Newsagents stock

jrinbulli

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jarrad
eBay User
jrinbulli
I thought I’d start a thread about newsagents so people can share their hits or lack of.
So far I’ve heard of one box being great with 2 huge hits in it but I’ve also now heard of at least 2 other boxes that were complete duds. Not even a ruby in them, absolutely nothing. I know some may say “that’s just the luck of the draw” but I’ll counter that with show me even one box of dealers stock that hasn’t at least had a ruby and or sapphire in it.
Hopefully hear more good hits stories then bad ones though 🤞

From 5 boxes this is what I managed. 0 rubies or sapphires. 2 dud boxes and 3 hits. Definitely done with them as it’s too risky.

1BD26806-94C9-42F8-AB0E-B7225FE891D9.jpeg

Hearing some more good hits coming out which is great to see 👍 Sad it seems to be either a box has hits or none at all. Hits should be spread out more. Something I’ve noticed even in dealers stock that some boxes have multiple big rare hits and others just the low end stuff like Ruby and sapphire. Would be better if they spread them better.

I have visited several newsagents today, and i haven't even seen any boxes available to buy packets from. I'm not sure what the distribution is like here in Sydney, maybe i'm just looking too soon? And i thought every Elite box was meant to have one Ruby? (I have seen one box broken without a Ruby, but it did have a Sapphire, so that's ok).

I have visited several newsagents today, and i haven't even seen any boxes available to buy packets from. I'm not sure what the distribution is like here in Sydney, maybe i'm just looking too soon? And i thought every Elite box was meant to have one Ruby? (I have seen one box broken without a Ruby, but it did have a Sapphire, so that's ok).
There is a list of newsagents stocking Elite on Page 47 of the Official Elite thread.
There is 5,760 rubies and 6,600 boxes so it is impossible for them to be 1 per box even though it says that on the odds.

There’s less newsagents stock this year because TLA pulled over 200 cases of their stock to give to dealers. A couple of places I spoke to usually get 3 or more boxes only got 1 and one I spoke to got none. 😢

Seems to me that one more player per team would bring that ruby average to nearly right and make a lot more people happier...

My solution to the mojos was to have 2 sets - 1 made up of individual cards and one packed as a team, both numbered to 40. That way you would always get 9 singles to a case and 1 team pack meaning each box has something. Also makes mojo hunting more manageable while keeping some inscentive.

Newsagency situation is weird, i saw one with three boxes and another only get one. The latter i hit an LST from a single pack, former i got a team photo at best from six.

Two of my local newsagents used to get 4 or more boxes. None this year.
A newsagents told me they got a email virtually saying they were lucky to get what they got and wouldn’t be able to order anymore. Pretty sad. Especially given how much of it gets used in breaks over the next 12mths yet newsagents couldn’t get any 😢

My local newsagent usually gets 3 to 5 boxes for their 2 stores.
This year they were shocked to receive 25 boxes. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom