Newsagent pick-ups

olivari123

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matt
Went to the shops this Arvo and to my amazement the newsagent was selling $3 packs of hoops! Managed to pull these 3 anyone have an idea on the values??

IMG_20200128_172910013.jpg

I've seen these $3 packs in a couple of newsagents too.

They haven't got me yet, but they will! :lol:

The Zion green holo has sold around the $70-$100 mark. I'm sure someone would fork out $25-$30 on ebay.

you can check out www.130point.com for past recent sales it's a great help:

direct link is https://130point.com/sales/

Good link, do you know if they do historical prices?
I found https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/market-price-research and this seems the best option, I can't find one better.
It's not the best format but at least I can start putting together an idea of what those cards were selling for then and now and then have an idea of the price increase for player cards over a time period

Good link, do you know if they do historical prices?
I found https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/market-price-research and this seems the best option, I can't find one better.
It's not the best format but at least I can start putting together an idea of what those cards were selling for then and now and then have an idea of the price increase for player cards over a time period

PWCC is definitely the most comprehensive for data since 2004

130point was good cause it had a workaround for showing best offer info of sales but not sure if ebay have again blocked everyone from this, I haven’t checked in a few days

Nice hits! I picked up some of these packs at a newsagents too and hit a Ja Morant green tribute. Not much resale for mine but it’s worth atleast what I paid for the packs so happy to have it in my pc.

The Zion you may get some decent luck selling it to the US atm, try 100usd as a start point imo.

I've seen these $3 packs in a couple of newsagents too.

They haven't got me yet, but they will! :lol:

The Zion green holo has sold around the $70-$100 mark. I'm sure someone would fork out $25-$30 on ebay.
the zion neon greens are going for $200-$250 at the minute...and e-bay is where people pay MORE for cards, not half.

For these NBA hoops I also saw them at my local newsagent.

I have watched in some videos that some packs are thicker than others and therefore likely to contain a "Better" card. Is this true or is that just a myth and could be caused by any number of reasons?

I have watched in some videos that some packs are thicker than others and therefore likely to contain a "Better" card. Is this true or is that just a myth and could be caused by any number of reasons?

Could be but they put decoy blank white cardboard in there so you can’t be sure.

the only reason a pack may be bigger is when theres a GU card in there, but i dont think the gravity feed hoops packs contain GU or autos? could be wrong on that tho...
like the above poster said tho, packs contain thick, blank, white 'filler' cards, so you cant tell when its a GU or just a filler.
theres always been 'tricks' to try and pick the right pack, but ive never really found that they actually work.

Back
Top Bottom