Newest PC addition and a question

Dodgydave

OzCardTrader
Real Name
David Dawkins
Hi all,

excited to add the below to my PC and especially pleased to be able to get it off Trademe and from someone in the same city.

E1BB9738-F038-4B2E-8754-0210B1D24CC3.jpeg

Now, I have a few of these clear acetate cards of this generation and have noticed some yellowing badly. Does anyone know specifically what causes this and how to avoid it?

Thanks,
David

Hi all,

excited to add the below to my PC and especially pleased to be able to get it off Trademe and from someone in the same city.

E1BB9738-F038-4B2E-8754-0210B1D24CC3.jpeg

Now, I have a few of these clear acetate cards of this generation and have noticed some yellowing badly. Does anyone know specifically what causes this and how to avoid it?

Thanks,
David
sunlight, moisture, oxygen and touch all contribute towards the yellowing effect over time. but with acetates, im going to assume its mostly light tho. the only way to avoid is to store in a dark, cool place, preferably air-tight.
nice looking card.

sunlight, moisture, oxygen and touch all contribute towards the yellowing effect over time. but with acetates, im going to assume its mostly light tho. the only way to avoid is to store in a dark, cool place, preferably air-tight.
nice looking card.
Thanks. Weird thing is all my cards have been stored the same way - locked inside a large wooden chest we used as a coffee table. So no light but definitely some heat and potentially humidity. Some have yellowed while others haven’t.

Awesome Dr34m there, love that set and have the Kemp myself. I am a massive fan of acetate sets and while I believe some can yellow, I personally haven't seen and discoloration in any of my cards and I have had them in penny sleeves/folders for a couple of decades now.

Back
Top Bottom