Newbie Question on Redemptions

Slash

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Marcus
eBay User
Williambailey69
I'm new to collecting cards and only just started with some AFL cards recently. I really love the quality and variety of the NBA cards and are very tempted to have some fun buying a box or possibly a case, as the AFL cards really don't cut it for me.

I really like the 2011/2012 Fleer Retro stuff, some of the inserts and autos look really cool and who wouldn't want the chance to own an MJ auto. That said it seems to be one of the priciest sets I could pick for my first foray into NBA cards. Lol

Anyhow I was looking at some old threads and pics of a redemption and noticed the expiry date for it was August this year. Is that the date they all run out for that set? I know,it's unlikely that I will hit one, but that said I would be very annoyed if I did and it was expired.

Is there somewhere that tells you when these things expire, their website didn't offer this info that I could see? Also is there anyway to gauge how much of the rare stuff from a set that has been out for a couple of years has already been opened/found?

Apologies in advance for my ignorance on some of this stuff.

Edit-sorry just noticed the stickied advice thread at the top, I probably should have posted this in there.

I think generally, most redemptions from the same product expire around the same time. Information isn't usually as readily available on this. As for the ability to gauge what has come out, some collectors start a thread to track certain sets eg. Logomen but again this isn't really readily available.

Panini are pretty good with expired redemptions, they will usually honour them in some way no matter how old they are, other companies like upper deck are a lot less forgiving with them

Thanks for all the replies. I must say that's pretty funny in a tragic way that they still have some redemptions that haven't been fulfilled due to the card not being produced.

That rewards program you linked In the article seems an interesting prospect. I guess that way you would never lose your equivalent of the redemption no matter when you opened it (providing Panini don't go out of business).

Back
Top Bottom