New Users

Lippo

User #43
Real Name
Michael
eBay User
PsychoLippo
Is there anyway of making new users post an introduction in the "New Members" sub-thread before posting anywhere else?

Its useful to know something about them before they post anywhere else.

Do people agree?

Hve to say Lippo, that I disagree. Let them get straight into it. Yes it is in their best interest for us to get to know a little bit about them, but it is not actually required. As it is, they have to fill out a lot of information to sign up.

Is there anyway of making new users post an introduction in the "New Members" sub-thread before posting anywhere else?

Its useful to know something about them before they post anywhere else.

Do people agree?

I agree, this is the general rule admin guys have laid out below.

As you know before you start trading and buying and selling and that, you need to post a little Bio about yourself.

here's some of the things to include:
Your Name.
Where you are from.
A little intro about yourself.
And what you collect.

***Also if you have a Ebay account please give other members the chance to check your feedback ratings, by simply letting us know your ebay name.***

All new users receive a PM with a short introduction, including a link to "Whats Expected In Packing Cards" so there is absolutely no excuse for anyone saying I didnt know.

It also asks that they post a short intro about themselves. I'll dig up the intro PM today and post it.

This is the PM new users get automatically.

Not sure what else we can do - it's pretty clear isn't it ?

Yep thats clear as a bell G-Man!

Majority who sign up end up making a thread anyhow, if they dont i send them PM's or fellow members do letting them know what to do. Its all good.

Yep thats clear as a bell G-Man!

Majority who sign up end up making a thread anyhow, if they dont i send them PM's or fellow members do letting them know what to do. Its all good.

Exactly.

I don't think it's a major drama - any experienced trader on this board should know not to rush into a deal with someone who they have never spoken to before, so just be wise and take time to suss out the situation.