NEW TRADING CARD MARKETPLACE - Looking for help testing it out!!

Some thoughts

1. Can you add a "?" box next to 'Card Score' to explain how this calculated and relevance.
2. In zoom you can't flip. Save time if you could.
3. In standard or zoom, add a rotate option as some cards are horizontal.
4. Add Filter option: Checkbox to show only cards with images.
5. Add Filter option: Checkbox to show only cards with wants. Those trying to decide which cards to add for sale.
6. Filter for "Insert" shows non-insert images
7. Consider excluding charges for base cards. This way users will be willing to upload images for cards which you may not otherwise be added. It nice to see the different cards.
8. Can you add Futera NBL Cards?

Some thoughts

1. Can you add a "?" box next to 'Card Score' to explain how this calculated and relevance.
2. In zoom you can't flip. Save time if you could.
3. In standard or zoom, add a rotate option as some cards are horizontal.
4. Add Filter option: Checkbox to show only cards with images.
5. Add Filter option: Checkbox to show only cards with wants. Those trying to decide which cards to add for sale.
6. Filter for "Insert" shows non-insert images
7. Consider excluding charges for base cards. This way users will be willing to upload images for cards which you may not otherwise be added. It nice to see the different cards.
8. Can you add Futera NBL Cards?
This is awesome feedback! Thank you!!!

Let me provide answers for you.

1. Yes, we will most definitely provide a ? for card score.

To give you some clarity around it, we calculate the card score based on the attributes of the card. So Base cards get 1 point. Inserts 2 points. Jersey cards 4 points. Patch cards 5 points. Autographs 12 points. Rookie cards 5 points. Then the Logoman cards will get 100 points. Then numbered cards increase in value dependent on what they're numbered to. The attributes can also be combined to give you a better card score. For example, a Rookie Patch Autograph numbered to 10 will get points for all the different attributes of the card.

We have included this as it is a way to create some friendly competitiveness. It is also an equal playing field so that those members who can't afford the big rookies get the same points as the #1 draft pick.

2. This is great feedback. I'll add this to the list of features our web development team are working on!

3. Also another good feature. I know when I upload cards into my Trophy Room I will rotate them before upload but I also understand not everyone will do this. I'll add this to the list as well.

4. Are you referring to within your own Trophy Room? If so, then I can see how this would be handy.

For cards that are either on the marketplace or in other members Trophy Room's, they will not be visible without a front and back image uploaded.

5. I like this! Great idea!! Another added to the list!

6. Can you send me a screenshot of what you mean with this please?

7. I agree it is nice to see all different types of cards. We won't 'charge' you for uploading individual cards. You will get a set number of cards to upload into your Trophy Room and we think the number is big enough for the majority of members to upload every single card they have. Does this make sense?

8. Most definitely! If you send me a list with the one you want added first I can start making my way through. It is just a bit of a slow process to get through 15 million cards but for those members who need a checklist added quickly, we will jump onto it straight away!

I can't thank you enough for your feedback/suggestions. We are striving to make this platform for our members and the wider trading card community. To do this we will listen to our members and implement as many features into the site that have been asked for. If there is something we can't add, we will give you the reasons why it can't be added.

I'm looking forward to seeing your Trophy Room get populated. And please let me know if you're selling any Paul George cards!

4. Are you referring to within your own Trophy Room? If so, then I can see how this would be handy.

For cards that are either on the marketplace or in other members Trophy Room's, they will not be visible without a front and back image uploaded.

I was in the Browse section. Probably not worth the effort in hindsight.

6. Can you send me a screenshot of what you mean with this please?

I couldn't find the specific example. If I come across it again I will let you know.

8. Most definitely! If you send me a list with the one you want added first I can start making my way through. It is just a bit of a slow process to get through 15 million cards but for those members who need a checklist added quickly, we will jump onto it straight away!

Do you have a template you need the data formatted in? (e.g. specific columns names in a csv file)

Few other items:
A. I noticed there are some items in my Trophy Room that I cant' add to the Marketplace. Namely my 4 x 1993-94 Topps Stadium Club Base - First Day Issue" (e.g. Card #338)

B. I uploaded the wrong image and then replaced it. It shows the replaced image in "Trophy Room" but still shows the wrong image in the "Browse" section.

C. There are three Sale formats ("For Sale", "Open to offers" and "Auction") but I can only select "For Sale". Are the other still in production or it is based on seller level? If seeler level can you update 'pricing' page to reflect that?

D. My preference is not to post international, so only domestic (AU). Is there a reason both a domestic and international option are mandatory?

Last edited:
I was in the Browse section. Probably not worth the effort in hindsight.

I couldn't find the specific example. If I come across it again I will let you know.

Do you have a template you need the data formatted in? (e.g. specific columns names in a csv file)

Few other items:
A. I noticed there are some items in my Trophy Room that I cant' add to the Marketplace. Namely my 4 x 1993-94 Topps Stadium Club Base - First Day Issue" (e.g. Card #338)

B. I uploaded the wrong image and then replaced it. It shows the replaced image in "Trophy Room" but still shows the wrong image in the "Browse" section.

C. There are three Sale formats ("For Sale", "Open to offers" and "Auction") but I can only select "For Sale". Are the other still in production or it is based on seller level? If seeler level can you update 'pricing' page to reflect that?

D. My preference is not to post international, so only domestic (AU). Is there a reason both a domestic and international option are mandatory?
Once a card is uploaded for the first time the image is saved as the default image for that card. If there is a clearer image uploaded at a later date admin has the ability to update the default image so it makes it easier to identify your cards (or just browse through looking at cards). This will be the answer to your point B too. I will jump in and fix this. If you notice any other cards that aren't correct, please let me know.

A. I just had a look and can see the issue. The website is looking for a print run number because we have stated there are 1000 copies of the card. Without this you can't add the card to the marketplace. The problem is, these cards are not individually numbered. If you just add a number between 1 and 1000 in the print run it will allow you to add the card to the marketplace. This is a 'bug' that I have added to big rectified by the web developers. You can modify it later.

B. Answered above.

C. Yep, we will be releasing the other sales formats as we get more members joining the site. As you can imagine having an auction site without eyes on the marketplace will only attract a lower sales price which isn't ideal for our members. These formats will be available soon!

D. When you set your Shipping Options you can choose whether you offer International or Domestic shipping. These can be turned on or off based on the check box next to each option. This is the reason why we ask for the card location so we can identify whether a card on the marketplace is available for your location.

Please keep asking questions or making suggestions! I really appreciate it and hope that if I can answer these queries here, you can then teach the next 3 or 4 members who will teach another 3-4 members and soon we will all understand how the website works! And if there is a better way of doing something we would love to hear about it. It's not a platform where it is our way and that's it. We want all members to have flexibility on how they want to use the website.

Was just wondering if there is an option/feature to add a description/caption to your card. It might be a bit messy and hard to moderate but I'd love to be able to upload my PC and have a bit of info about the reason why I collect said card or what makes it special to me eg. jersey number, favourite insert, cool pose, memory from that game etc.

Perhaps you could add it as a level of membership to encourage paying for a "true collector" level or something. Or perhaps make it an OZ Card Trader exclusive feature ;)

Was just wondering if there is an option/feature to add a description/caption to your card. It might be a bit messy and hard to moderate but I'd love to be able to upload my PC and have a bit of info about the reason why I collect said card or what makes it special to me eg. jersey number, favourite insert, cool pose, memory from that game etc.

Perhaps you could add it as a level of membership to encourage paying for a "true collector" level or something. Or perhaps make it an OZ Card Trader exclusive feature ;)
I like this feature! We do allow you to add a description or comments on each card. I use it to keep track of where the card is stored in my collection but you could add anything you want to this text box.

The second screenshot is what other members will see.

Let me know if you need anything more or different to this and I can add it to our new feature list.

Screen Shot 2022-12-17 at 10.15.41 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-17 at 10.16.49 pm.png

Couple of thoughts after playing around on the site for a bit:

1. Is there a referral section? I'd love to be able to send my friends invites to join after they check out my trophy room and fall in love with the website. Maybe earn a badge, marketplace credit or a free month for a successful referral etc

2. I know it's been mentioned already but a flip card button once you've already zoomed in would make me very happy as I tend to constantly go in and out just to do that.

3. I would love a way to track the values of my cards in private. Perhaps a hidden price section for the cards in my lists where I can input my purchase prices and it only shows me the data and a feature to tally my entire list/collection into a dollar figure. This would be handy for my Want List cards too, that way I can track what my spend is likely to be. This doesn't need to be anything fancy, I don't even mind if it's just a hidden description box where I input the text and I can tally it myself, just anything to save me not opening a spreadsheet :lol:

I understand some features will probably be too much effort for little gain but just throwing them out there.

May have found a small bug? (due to my error!)
1671424453771.png

I was uploading my Saddiq's and I accidentally uploaded the Astro parallel instead of the Chinese New Year parallel. So I straight away edited it and uploaded the right image (the bottom one). However, now when searching for the card it shows the originally uploaded Astro parallels picture, but for vaulted versions is shows the correct CNY image.

Couple of thoughts after playing around on the site for a bit:

1. Is there a referral section? I'd love to be able to send my friends invites to join after they check out my trophy room and fall in love with the website. Maybe earn a badge, marketplace credit or a free month for a successful referral etc

2. I know it's been mentioned already but a flip card button once you've already zoomed in would make me very happy as I tend to constantly go in and out just to do that.

3. I would love a way to track the values of my cards in private. Perhaps a hidden price section for the cards in my lists where I can input my purchase prices and it only shows me the data and a feature to tally my entire list/collection into a dollar figure. This would be handy for my Want List cards too, that way I can track what my spend is likely to be. This doesn't need to be anything fancy, I don't even mind if it's just a hidden description box where I input the text and I can tally it myself, just anything to save me not opening a spreadsheet :lol:

I understand some features will probably be too much effort for little gain but just throwing them out there.
No idea is considered too much effort for little gain! We want this site to be the preferred site to store your cards digitally and to cater for everyone!

1. We are planning on building in an affiliates program where you can send your friends a referral link and we will pay you a % of their monthly fee. If you were able to get enough people to join it would cover your monthly fee plus some money in your bank account! I don't know the final details on this yet.

If you recommend the site to your friends please get them to send me an email/message identifying you as the person who told them about the site and I will note this down so that when the affiliate program is up and running we can credit the member to your account. This goes for anyone!

2. I know my web developers are on leave for the year (unless we encounter a critical bug that needs fixing immediately). When they are back I will see if they can jump onto this one as it shouldn't be too difficult.

3. We have a feature for this in mind. It is intended to work for individual cards, personal box breaks and group breaks. Some people may not want to use it because it will identify how much they have spent in the hobby :lol:

Please keep sending through ideas, thoughts, what you like, what you don't like etc etc etc.

We are at the stage of the website where we just need as many members (paid members would be ideal) to join and use the site as possible. The more paid members who join the site will allow us to fast track all of the amazing ideas we have in our 'New Feature' list. So please share the site to all your friends over the holiday period!!!

May have found a small bug? (due to my error!)
1671424453771.png

I was uploading my Saddiq's and I accidentally uploaded the Astro parallel instead of the Chinese New Year parallel. So I straight away edited it and uploaded the right image (the bottom one). However, now when searching for the card it shows the originally uploaded Astro parallels picture, but for vaulted versions is shows the correct CNY image.
It's something that we may edit at some point in the future (maybe an undo button?). I can fix this one for you.

Was just doing my usual card binge watching on Youtube and came across this awesome idea.
**Credit to PristineMJSports for the idea (not sure if they're first but they're the first I've seen) and screengrab courtesy of RothCards on Youtube**
1672052382800.png

It's a virtual display of cards from their collection/vault.

I'd love to see a feature like this with Merqary where I can select say 16 Cards and it'll give me a full screen high resolution display of my collection.
Would be amazing to show your PC at Card Shows or display cards for sale from the Merqary platform.

Was just doing my usual card binge watching on Youtube and came across this awesome idea.
**Credit to PristineMJSports for the idea (not sure if they're first but they're the first I've seen) and screengrab courtesy of RothCards on Youtube**
1672052382800.png

It's a virtual display of cards from their collection/vault.

I'd love to see a feature like this with Merqary where I can select say 16 Cards and it'll give me a full screen high resolution display of my collection.
Would be amazing to show your PC at Card Shows or display cards for sale from the Merqary platform.
I love this idea!

You could also have a touch screen coffee table that you could display your collection at home or we could take to card shows 🤔

Love it!

I want to add a feature called "Personal Collections" which is where you tell the website what/who you collect. The card list automatically adds new cards based on your set criteria and will continue to add cards as new products are released. You can then share this with fellow collectors so they can see how you are going with your collection. To take it one step further we will make it easy for other members to identify what cards they own that is on your set chase.

If only I could share the complete list of features we have in the pipeline. The only way to have them built quicker is if we can get more members on board. Let's share the site around so we can all benefit!

Back
Top Bottom