New to Basketball Cards/ Helpful Youtube - Cardboard Chronicles

Brandboy20

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Reece
eBay User
brandboy20
After getting into collecting 2/3 years ago, I have been looking at basketball cards after watching cardboard addicts & started doing some research on them. The thing is I still have no idea the difference between a $5, $500, $5000 card :rolleyes:
Along my research I have found some interesting site and opinions ect and stumbled over this YouTube channel. I have no idea if the information is correct but I did enjoy the content for what he is trying to accomplish and do. Any thoughts, help & opinions to pull the trigger & branch out from A-League/ NRL/AFL (basically the Aussie market) would be greatly appreciated. Here is the youtube channel is : Cardboard Chronicles

I follow the guy on Instagram and watch most of his video's, his a fairly big Penny Hardaway and LeBron collector his content on YouTube is pretty good interviews all the big collectors on Instagram like Nat Turner to people like Brett from PWCC (trimming fiasco). I would say his pretty well known in the card community.

"The thing is I still have no idea the difference between a $5, $500, $5000 card"

I might be missing the nuance of your query but it usually always boils down to Supply and Demand.

Collect and keep what you like, sell/trade what you don't if you want to get more for your collection or fund more box breaks if you need to keep your funds in play (assuming you're not rich!). Follow the market and be educated so you can maximise selling potential. It's all a fun learning curve.

forums, ebay, COMC, 130point.com - heaps of resources out there.

If you don't want to pay $700 for a Luka silver prizm don't! If you like the $50 Select Silver just get that! Hype is a crazy swingy thing, you don't have to follow it. Huge demand drives up some of the card prices - some are collectors, some are investors/flippers - it's all good - there's plenty of reasonably priced stuff out there, new and old releases. Enjoy!

well, i just bought a bunch of stuff off ebay and needless to say im a bit of a noob as i got stung by import taxes or whatever. ouch.

Try COMC (Chec k Out My Cards). Lots of cards and very reasonable postage.

Ebay is horrific for non-domestic. I recently looked at purchasing a $700 baseball card. The postage and fees were another $200 on top. The breakdown was $70 GST, $23 Postage and $115 Brokerage fees ( International Global shipping program). Absolutely ludicrous.

mate, ive signed up but i cant for the life of me figure out how to use it?
reply to the guy who e-mailed you when you signed up. hes very helpful and will go over any details. but basically, you add the address provided to your e-bay account, send it to that address and then when they arrive theyll appear in your inventory. then you request shipment whenever you want. theres a handling fee of $1 for singles & $3 for lots. + a postage fee...but i cant remember exactly how much that is.

I’ve sent Bryan from ship my cards a few emails and he’s yet to reply to any of them.
Has anyone used ship my cards for more high end stuff?

I’ve sent Bryan from ship my cards a few emails and he’s yet to reply to any of them.
Has anyone used ship my cards for more high end stuff?

Have you got Facebook? If so get in contact with Rob Greenberg, I've had dealings with him 3 or more times now 1 was for a US$3000 card another was 2 cards to the value of US$4000 and lately I've had him send me through a PSA10 MJ scoring kings flawless service and cheap too tell him Tony sent you 👍

Back
Top Bottom