New Select Release December 5 2018 **WOW**

i wont be buying them, or even collecting them even if they were free. how tacky and cheap. a new low for select.

Matt, that’s a fairly juvenile post. Are you trying to attract members or lose them? I won’t be collecting the cards either but I also won’t use the personal dislike or issue I have with someone to influence my public comments. Come on mate, you’re better than that.

Nah i'm not actually......i'm much worse!

And my comments about these cards are my own.........but have been echoed by quote a few people behind the scenes.......the same people who dare not criticise Select for the fear of being banished from the "Select few" clique.

I'll call out a dud idea when I see one and this is a rolled gold cash grab from Select. The Balance sheet might look good from these cash grabs but a lot of collectors are waking up to what these releases are.

i wish i could say they got better, sorry i am not going to spend the time to shrink them down so be warned the pictures below may be offensive and cause severe medical issues. read on with due notice. lol
b.jpg
c.jpg
f.jpg
ff.jpg
g.jpg
i.jpg
ii.jpg
ii.jpg
jj.jpg
jjj.jpg
kk.jpg
l.jpg
m.jpg
o.jpg
oo.jpg
ooo.jpg
p.jpg
u.jpg
x.jpg
y.jpg
z.jpg

gg.jpg

I agree I am not going to buy the cards and they are not my cup of tea but from alot of your messages there is a clear dislike towards a specific person and I don't feel it needs to be played out in forums!

Sometimes people who are holier than thou have the most to hide....... Thanks for the feedback though will take it on board!

I would have preferred that Select kept the Future Force series and ditched this Christmas release and the Top 10 Draft Picks release.

Select Australia really need to get some new talent and fresh ideas, otherwise the AFL needs to grant a licence to a second card producer (Regal) to promote some competition and diversity in the card market.

Regal & getting the AFL licence, fark me that's the funniest shit I've heard all year!!! They operate from a cubby house and a licence would be out of their reach $$$.

I'll be honest I don't give two fucks about Select or any clique you guys are mentioning (who are they???) but the shit above looks far better than the tripe Regal have come up with. Mind you, the Cosmo Kramer card is still my fave.... when's George, Jerry, Newman & Elaine coming out?

I agree I am not going to buy the cards and they are not my cup of tea but from alot of your messages there is a clear dislike towards a specific person and I don't feel it needs to be played out in forums!

Don’t forget Matt isn’t the only one who publicly pays out on others in the hobby. There are a couple doing this. Not saying it’s right but it’s not isolated here that’s for sure.

Regal & getting the AFL licence, fark me that's the funniest s*** I've heard all year!!! They operate from a cubby house and a licence would be out of their reach $$$.

I'll be honest I don't give two f***s about Select or any clique you guys are mentioning (who are they???) but the s*** above looks far better than the tripe Regal have come up with. Mind you, the Cosmo Kramer card is still my fave.... when's George, Jerry, Newman & Elaine coming out?

I used Regal as an example. The underlying point I was making was that introducing a second card producer would, IMO, give us more choice, innovation and value.

I used Regal as an example. The underlying point I was making was that introducing a second card producer would, IMO, give us more choice, innovation and value.
I think a good example of that IS the Ja Ja's/Harv Time (Paul Harvey) card series. They have created a popular niche in the AFL market as no-one else sells signed caricature cards of such high profile names. Interestingly, it is Paul Harvey who also illustrates the starburst cards for Select.

I think the biggest issue with Select is the age old question of "how much is too much?". This year we have had:

Footy Stars (Series 1)
Legacy (Series 2)
Hilites (weekly)
Rising Star (weekly)
Treasure Trove
AFLW Premiers boxed set
AFL Premiers boxed set
Top 10 Draft Pick set
Essendon/Richmond/West Coast/Collingwood team set
MVP boxed set
"Christmas edition" Footy Stars

There is a hell of a lot for PC collectors and team collectors to chase.

Last edited:
I think a good example of that IS the Ja Ja's/Harv Time (Paul Harvey) card series. They have created a popular niche in the AFL market as no-one else sells signed caricature cards of such high profile names. Interestingly, it is Paul Harvey who also illustrates the starburst cards for Select.

I think the biggest issue with Select is the age old question of "how much is too much?". This year we have had:

Footy Stars (Series 1)
Legacy (Series 2)
Hilites (weekly)
Rising Star (weekly)
Treasure Trove
AFLW Premiers boxed set
AFL Premiers boxed set
Top 10 Draft Pick set
MVP boxed set

And i know for a fact that Select has told Harv's if he keeps doing them for Jaja's he risks losing doing the Starburst cards for them.

Last edited:
Looks like they are trying to do what panini do,es.New releases at the drop of a hat.How can you keep up.But i must admit.I think there auto patch redemptions Are top class.

Footy Stars (Series 1)
Legacy (Series 2)
Hilites (weekly)
Rising Star (weekly)
Treasure Trove
AFLW Premiers boxed set
AFL Premiers boxed set
Top 10 Draft Pick set
MVP boxed set

Nailed it mate. I think quality over quantity is better for collectors in the long run. Loving the HarvTime/Jaja sigs, low print run, legends of the past, and quality design. If I had the money I wouldn’t hesitate to collect them all.

Teamcoach has a second license, do their cards seem that appealing? I believe with the second licence you aren't allowed to have signatures cards.... which really limits their release.

The last thing I want Select to do is become the Australian version of Panini. Having said that I don’t mind them trying new things. However, am disappointed they have dropped Future Force in favour of this though.... seems a little tacky to say the least.

Would rather they reduce the amount of releases they do; footy stars for the kids, second series for the collector and perhaps a premium release (in place of Future Force)

Fine balance between innovating and annoying people/driving people out of the hobby.

Back
Top Bottom