New Non sports card collector

michael_a_l

OzCardTrader
Real Name
michael
Ive been thinking for a while now about collecting NON SPORT Trading cards.Was just wondering if i could get some advice.

Ive notice some of the Marvel base sets go pretty cheaply($15each)Is it worth buying a box or three of the older sets for chase cards or not.

Im keen to collect base sets as well as some chase cards.

Also what are some good non sport sets.

Thanks

Michael,

my fav non-sport sets would have to be Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Heroes, Dexter, Warehouse 13 and the Star Wars Galaxy series (though I do collect a lot of the now defunct inkworks releases). Depending on which releases you are keen on some of the older release box prices are pretty cheap and I did do a few boxes IOT get chase cards, pieceworks and auto's. Now I prolly won't open boxes on some of those older releases, smallville, the 4400, jericho, alias etc as I only need limited cards and those cards are cheaper to buy as singles off ebay.com

Whatever you decide, have fun with it.

Welcome to collecting Non-Sport Michael. My favourite base sets would have to be artists related sets (e.g Star Wars Galaxy Series & LOTR Masterpieces). Each card is done by an artist (many of which that do sketch cards for the set). Although i guess it's what you're into really.

Here's some examples
LOTRMII.jpg

Lord of the Rings Masterpieces 2
SWG5.jpg

Star Wars Galaxy 5

I collect mainly Autograph's, Costume Cards and Sketch Cards myself but for me these are the best base sets. Sometime's TV show or Movie base sets which just stills from the movies can really bore me.

The LOTR look sweet.Ive always been a fan of LOTR.Ive been looking at some Marvel sets(might go with marvel beginnings when it comes out in couple months) and im keen get a couple packs of spartacus.

Or something like thor might interest me as there a couple movie related memo/auto per box

Hi Michael. I have a couple of spare non-sport base sets here that are not doing much. (Iron Man 2, LOTR Masterpieces 2)
If you cover postage then you are welcome to have them.
PM me if you are interested.

Back
Top Bottom