New member, Isiah Thomas collector

1s1ah

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jesse
eBay User
1s1ah
Hello! My name is Jesse and I've been collecting anything Isiah Thomas I could get my hands on since around 1988.

I'm not sure how most play collectors get started, if they just pick a player and start collecting or what? For me Isiah was "it" (pun intended) as a kid. Back in the 80's when a lot of your sports superstars were still larger-than-life figures there was no one bigger than Isiah Thomas in metro Detroit. So, since I lived and died with Isiah and the Pistons growing up, the great memories of that era in basketball and my life has kept my interest in collecting from ever waning.

My collection is may years in the making and I'd say pretty darn impressive. I enjoy it very much. I notice a lot of player collectors making the claim to have the biggest and baddest player collections on the planet. For me, it's not really a contest type thing. I like seeing all the unique items others have added to their collections and the stories behind them.

Although I'm not thrilled about have the market is so saturated these days. I still pick up what I can, but I get much more excited over something like a rare foreign sticker over the plethora of 1/1 auto'd jersey cards etc. etc.

For good measure here's the Isiah cards I'm currently trying to hunt down:

1984 Kos Basket #46 (Yugoslavian sticker)
1988 Fournier sticker *unopened* (Spanish)
1988 Basket 16 Las Estrellas de La NBA #1; East All-Star team sticker (Spanish sticker)
1989 Kos #136 (Yugoslavian sticker w/ Michael Jordan)
1989-90 Chicle NNO -in action (Spanish)
1991-92 Monthly Jump (Japanese magazine insert)
1991-92 Panini #97; Greek sticker
1991-92 Panini #125; Greek sticker
2000 Basketball HOF metallic card

...as well as any other rare foreign / oddball / error-misprint issues not list. Just drop me a line
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for reading!

Being a player collector myself, I appreciate the effort it takes tracking down the harder to get cards and oddball items! Welcome to ozcards!

Thanks for the welcomes! I'm happy to be part of what looks to be a great collecting community! :)

BTW, Am I able to add an avatar after a certain point?

You can get one now you have made 10 messages, go to your name in the top right corner and select avatar and you'll be good to go!

Back
Top Bottom